#1 bonnie blue

bonnie blue

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

Good morning friends,
Well I am all done with my three rounds of cocktails, can I get a Woo Hoo!!! I am scheduled for the removal of my stomach on January 27th, so basically I have 23 days to eat all I want to eat, of course no gluten, lol. The doctors are so pleased with my progress and actually think I will have an easier time with the surgery and the new diet because I already know what my body can and cannot handle, what will cause the big D, make me sick, etc..... So thank you Celiac Disease!!!!!
Now dont get me wrong I know that this will not be easy, but I do feel pretty good going into this, I can look at this two ways, I am getting my stomach removed, ummmm ya that is not going to be fun, or I can look at it as I am getting rid of the organ that has the cancer so that I can move on and live my life, there will be major dietary changes but heck we have all been through that!!
It's kinda funny people say to me well at least you wont have Celiac Disease anymore, ummmm ya I will, I just laugh it off. People dont understand I dont mind having Celiac, its the Cancer that pisses me off, lol.
There are certain things I miss, you bet, but on the other hand I never feel like I am missing out on good food, I eat great food everyday!!!
So I just want to say to everyone we have Celiac Disease, Celiac Disease does not have us!!!
Oh and to let you know I got the cutest little blond wig and I am rockin that new hair, you know they do say blondes have more fun :D
Have a wonderful day everyone, thanks again for all the support and hugs, take care B)
Just takin it one day at a time :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

Woo Hoo!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

Posted Image

You are amazing Miss Bonnie!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#4 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

WooHoo!!!

You go, girl!!! Your positive attitude is inspiring!!!

My brother heard blondes have more fun and gave it a try . . . turned his hair orange . . . not quite the same.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#5 AVR1962

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! What a good spirit too! Good for you!!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#6 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

So glad to hear you are doing well! :)

#7 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Yay for being done with chemo!!!
Your attitude is inspiring.'
Rock that blond wig! LOL :D

#8 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

You have such a great attitude. I hope everything works out really well for you.

I hope you don't mind me asking for details. But I am curious about your surgery. Will they be removing most of your stomach and leaving a small amount for food intake, kind of like a Vertical sleeve Gatrectomy or will you have to have it all removed and be basically left with a bypass surgery? If they are leaving some of your stomach, do you know the percentage of stomach they are removing?

I cannot believe someone thought you wouldn't have Celiac's anymore...LOL....DUH!!!!

Here's one for you:
I've read so many times on here about people saying that other people would say to them, that they would kill themeselves if they couldn't eat bread/pasta. It has really offended many of the gluten challenged on this site. Well, glory be, it finally happened to me the other day. The cashier said it. I was delighted, because it took nearly 2 years for someone to say it to me, she said "I'm Italian and I would kill myself if I couldn't eat pasta" I had a good laugh and then told her about Tinkyada pasta, ending with "see you wouldn't have to kill yourself afterall" I said it sarcastically, but in a joking way that caused all around, even the cashier to burst out laughing. Sometimes we just have to find humor in things that really are not funny. I love your attitude and just thought that you would enjoy that liitle tale.

I'll be praying for you, and will add your name to the prayer basket at church on Sunday. I'll be praying that your surgery goes smoothly and safely and that the surgeon gets every bit of the cancer out of there and that you have no more cancer ever ever ever ever again...(((((hugs)))).
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#9 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Glad to hear the chemo is done. With your strength and good attitude, well I think you can beat anything.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#10 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

WooHoo!!!! So glad to hear you're staying upbeat through all this. I hope the surgery goes well. :)

#11 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Here's your Whoohoo!!! and I'll throw in a "YOU GO, Girl"! :)

You are not only inspiring, but your courage just humbles me.

(I thought I was a warrior princess) ---well, honey, you are the QUEEN! ;)

Best wishes and a hug,
IH

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#12 beebs

beebs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

You are really positive! That is great. I'm so glad for you Chemo is over and so glad that the next chapter of your *healthy* life is starting. Yayy!!
HLA DQ8, gluten-free since January 2011

#13 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Here's another WOO HOO!!! for you - the more the merrier. :D Keep that sunny outlook and the world will smile upon you.and keep you safe :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#14 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Great to hear chemo is complete... Your spirit is amazing.. After you recover you need to take your spirit &journey on the road to helping others cope..you could be a lifesaver for so many with your positive attitude.. WAY TO GO>>>>>>>>
blessings mamaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: