This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

Loey Rising Star

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this describes us - never have enough friends - for all occasions. Thanks for being part of the fabric of who I am!!

Vitamin F and this so true!!!!

I loved this and wanted to share it with you...

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all so different in character?

How is it posssible that I can get along with them all?

I think that each one helps to bring out a "different" part of me.

With one of them I am polite. With another I joke.

I can sit down and talk about serious matters with one. With another I laugh a lot. I listen to one friend's problems. Then I listen to another one's advice for me.

My friends are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

When completed, they form a treasure box.

A treasure of friends!

They are my friends who understand me better than I understand myself.

They're friends who support me through good days and bad.

Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.

Dr. Oz calls them Vitamin F (for Friends) and counts the benefits of friends as essential to our well being.

Research shows that people in strong social circles

have less risk of depression and terminal strokes.

If you enjoy Vitamin F constantly you can be up to

30 years younger than your real age.

The warmth of friendship stops stress and even in your most intense moments, it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%.

I'm so happy that I have a stock of Vitamin F!

In summary, we should value our friends and keep in

touch with them.

We should try to see the funny side of things

and laugh together and pray for each other in the tough moments.

Some of my friends are friends on line. I know I am part of theirs because their names appear on my computer screen every day and I feel blessed

that they care as much for me as I care for them.

Thank you for being one of my Vitamins!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Loey Rising Star

'shroom, I LOL'd... I always visit home (Italy) in the Summer, so it's really just a question of driving across the country. I got fed up of waiting for the announcement of the American leg of the tour, and worried there wouldn't be a NYC date in the Fall - which would have meant no date for me, since I have to teach in the fall - so... :wub::ph34r:

What concert are you going to?

Loey

Loey Rising Star

<------------ THIS. Meaning my avatar. I was brought up listening to Depeche Mode: pretty somber for a toddler, but hey, my brothers also read Poe and Lovecraft to me, so I guess that fits the picture. Synthesizers were my favourite toys when I was four or five (we had some around the house). :ph34r:

Nice! I love Depeche Mode! Ignore my question above, I didn't finish catching up on posts. I was lucky enough to see several people on my bucket list perform before we became unemployed (and disabled). Sir Paul McCartney, Roger Waters performing The Wall (with excellent seats), Paul Simon, and let's not forget "The Boss." Luckily we saw a LOT of concerts before DH lost his job. And Tony (our son for anyone new to the thread) bought the Springsteen tickets and also tickets to see Bare Naked Ladies. There were many more and I feel very lucky to have had those chances. When I was in college we went to the free concerts in Central Park every weekend. I even got to go to go to the Concert For Bangladesh (that definitely dates me). Music has been a vital part of our lives and although it took Tony a long time to get into music and concerts (high school) he's made up for it in spades.

BTW, last night we took Tony and 5 of his friends to a really nice French Restaurant. He chose it because they had a Bistro Menu and the fixed price was reasonable compared to the Ala Carte menu. They made an exception for me and let me have sorbet for desert (3 exotic kinds and an apple caramel compote). Didn't feel good this AM (thought it was the flu) but I think it was having a big, rich meal much later than I normally eat. I also think the Pate might not have been as gluten-free as the chef said it was. We also got pulled over on the way home for speeding. I kept saying a positive affirmation that the officer would be kind (DH was doing 51 in a 25 mile an hour zone - not like Superman to fly when driving a car). He hadn't had a speeding ticket in 20 years and the officer only gave him a ticket for going 5-10 miles over the limit. RI has a "Good Driver Pass" so all DH has to do is show up in court March 5th and tell the judge he wants to use his pass and the ticket will be thrown out. No points and no increase in insurance rates. PHEW!!!! I'm sure that incident didn't help my digestion at all. Today he went to meet a friend for lunch and as he left I yelled out REMEMBER TO USE CRUISE CONTROL!!!! We had just gotten off a highway and the speed limit wasn't posted on the back road. I usually question him when I think he's speeding and it always annoys him so I chose last night to be silent. Again, thank God it was a kind police officer.

OK, time to continue doing laundry. Happy VD everyone!!!

Love & Extra Hugz,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Maybe it's exercise for weeks before the cramps? The only thing that helped when mine were bad was a hot pad and some muscle relaxant they used to give in the previous century.

They used to give us these green pills in High School if we went to the nurse. I'm sure they would be a controlled substance today. Boy did they ever work! :wacko:

Love,

Loey

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Nice! I love Depeche Mode! Ignore my question above, I didn't finish catching up on posts. I was lucky enough to see several people on my bucket list perform before we became unemployed (and disabled). Sir Paul McCartney, Roger Waters performing The Wall (with excellent seats), Paul Simon, and let's not forget "The Boss." Luckily we saw a LOT of concerts before DH lost his job. And Tony (our son for anyone new to the thread) bought the Springsteen tickets and also tickets to see Bare Naked Ladies. There were many more and I feel very lucky to have had those chances. When I was in college we went to the free concerts in Central Park every weekend. I even got to go to go to the Concert For Bangladesh (that definitely dates me). Music has been a vital part of our lives and although it took Tony a long time to get into music and concerts (high school) he's made up for it in spades.

Thank heaven, I though I was the only one on these boards! :) I can't drop TV references, but I can drop music references, and my students started using the phrase "walking in [someone's] shoes" in our seminar when we talk about empathy.

*swoon* You saw Waters in The Wall?!?!? That is like 50 shades of awesome! Where did you go to college?

I think if my parents hadn't used music as an adjunct babysitter I probably wouldn't be doing what I am doing now (I was in a choir for some years when I was ahem, younger) - we had synths, a regular piano, a couple of electronic pianos, a violin, a trumpet, a saxophone, a pale pink rose guitar (my brother's pick, don't ask), and I am not sure what else. I think my mum only put it a stop when one of my bros wanted to keep a drum machine in the house, and we lived in a condo. :lol:

Loey Rising Star

Thank heaven, I though I was the only one on these boards! :) I can't drop TV references, but I can drop music references, and my students started using the phrase "walking in [someone's] shoes" in our seminar when we talk about empathy.

*swoon* You saw Waters in The Wall?!?!? That is like 50 shades of awesome! Where did you go to college?

I think if my parents hadn't used music as an adjunct babysitter I probably wouldn't be doing what I am doing now (I was in a choir for some years when I was ahem, younger) - we had synths, a regular piano, a couple of electronic pianos, a violin, a trumpet, a saxophone, a pale pink rose guitar (my brother's pick, don't ask), and I am not sure what else. I think my mum only put it a stop when one of my bros wanted to keep a drum machine in the house, and we lived in a condo. :lol:

I had a really long reply and my computer crashed. GRRRRRR!!! I was on my way to bed and wish I had hit post before it crashed. I promise to give you details tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams &Hugs,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

See PM for the retyped post. :rolleyes: Wasn't sure everyone on the thread wanted to read a long missive about all the concerts I've gone to. If I'm wrong I'll gladly C&P it here.

Love,

Loey

P.S. where have all the psillies gone?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

Seriously - where is everyone?

mushroom Proficient

Seriously - where is everyone?

Pseriously?? I guess we is all too busy bein' psuitably pserious :blink:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Sleeping?

mushroom Proficient

Sleeping?

Yep, that's me. Just fell asleep on my keyboard :D Gosh, my life is boring. :blink:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I been out and about. Not much psilly going on here. Bout to have some cheeseburger soup!

VydorScope Proficient

Just drinking coffee....

psawyer Proficient

Morning coffee brewing. Must go fetch some.

Loey Rising Star

Just a quick good morning to all my psillies. I hope no one has been hit too hard by the storm that has started to pick up speed in RI. I know it started out in the midwest so I hope you're all safe & snuggly. It's not a Nemo so I'll still go to my Chiropractor this AM. Saw my Naturopath yesterday and she started to accept just my co-pay (as opposed to the $225 the visit would have cost). She's wonderful and truly doesn't seem in it for the money. We were with her for an hour and a half.

About two weeks ago I thought I had a UTI. Brought the sample to the hospital and waited to hear back from my Dr. At first I wasn't worried because the GYN said it would take a week. I guess Nemo hitting slowed down the lab and it took 2 weeks for him to get the lab results. It turns out that all of the pain I've been feeling (and the fevers & nausea, etc.) are in fact due to an advanced Ecoli (sp?) UTI. On Bactrim DS (which is so strong I feel like I have the flu). Believe it or not I'm relieved and ecstatic it's a UTI. Means my back isn't out and my Celiac isn't flaring. Now I just have to deal with the Bactrim DS for another 4 days.

Off to shower and get ready to venture out. It really looks pretty now. Hopefully it won't amount to much. The next one next week is supposed to be a doozy. So, sweet phriends enjoy sleeping, having coffee, etc. Just glad to see some psillies back on the thread. Will touch base later.

Lots of love & hugz,

Snowey Loey

Loey Rising Star

You might enjoy the thread The Song Game under this Forum. Seems up your alley.

Loey Rising Star

Already stopped snowing in RI. I think it's supposed to start again late evening and continue overnight. Not supposed to be too much. Hope all of you fare well (and feel well too).

Love,

Loey

Jestgar Rising Star

Beautiful day here in the northwest! Means I have no more excuses for not cleaining the chicken coop. Full-on yuck. <_<

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Oh, I have been all over the place yesterday, left early in the morning for a ballet class, went studying in the park, then to a lecture, then on the other side of the city for a meeting, and then on the other side again for dinner, and then 40 minutes back home. I think I was out for something like 15 hours.

I just washed and folded three huge bags of laundry, and all I can say to people who gather all their laundry for a day of the week is this: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/barbauld/works/bal-washing.html

I am now trying to get ready for a party at 11 PM. Yeah, "sleep is for the weak."

GFinDC Veteran

Well, I had spuitably sperious type stuff to do. Helped get a new art show installed and had the opening Wednesday night. Then took part one of a glass workshop today. Part two tomorrow where we will cast our glass houses and slump our plates, plaques or whatever they are best called. No concerts fo rme!

Peotr, can you spare a penny? :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all:):):). Busy week here. Came down with a stomach bug suddenly on Sunday. Very unpleasant. Laid low on Monday, then between Tuesday and Friday put in 43 hours at the store.

Catching up on laundry and stuff today. Hugs:)

kareng Grand Master

Hi all:):):). Busy week here. Came down with a stomach bug suddenly on Sunday. Very unpleasant. Laid low on Monday, then between Tuesday and Friday put in 43 hours at the store.

Catching up on laundry and stuff today. Hugs:)

Nice part time job!

Well, I had spuitably sperious type stuff to do. Helped get a new art show installed and had the opening Wednesday night. Then took part one of a glass workshop today. Part two tomorrow where we will cast our glass houses and slump our plates, plaques or whatever they are best called. No concerts fo rme!

Peotr, can you spare a penny? :)

A glass house? Sounds interesting! Glad to hear you are fusing and slumping. Watch out! You will want a kiln!

jerseyangel Proficient

Nice part time job!

<snort>. Valentine's Day at a flower shop= mucho work! Back to normal until Mothers Day.....and prom season! lol

mushroom Proficient

<snort>. Valentine's Day at a flower shop= mucho work! Back to normal until Mothers Day.....and prom season! lol

Ah yes, I did one of those :rolleyes: Pretty darn repetitive stuphh mostly. No room in the coolers!! Pre-made greened containers stacked everywhere just waiting for the flowers to be jammed in :ph34r: Tempers fraying :blink: Trying to smile..... Fingers raw from previous days' rose-stripping :huh: Delivery breakdowns!! Are we having fun yet???

jerseyangel Proficient

Yep, except all of our arrangements are made from scratch-- each one created individually.

I can't take any credit though, I do the clerical/ office-y stuff. :-)