This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Totilla Chips

BamBam

BamBam Community Regular

Does anyone have a brand of corn chips that are gluten free plus no chance of cross contiamination? I thought I read somewhere that the brand "Mission" was a good one. Any help is very much appreciated.

Bernadette

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jmengert Enthusiast

Hi, Bernadette--I eat Green Mountain Gringo tortilla chips all the time with no problem. They say "gluten free" on the bag, even. I've also heard that Mission chips are fine, but I haven't tried them. However, I do eat their corn tortillas all the time without any problem. Mission is a good company regarding cross contamination, and they supposedly have a separate facility or room for their corn products.

NicoleAJ Enthusiast

If you have a Wegman's grocery store around you, their in-house brand of Authentic corn tortillas are listed on the bag as gluten free, and they test their products for gluten. I've never gotten sick by eating them.

jnifred Explorer

I've just switched to Mission from a local brand I was using. They are really good!!!

Green12 Enthusiast

On the issue of corn chips and cc, I'm curious if anyone knows what Kettle and Garden of Eatin's records are. Good/bad?

AndreaB Contributor
On the issue of corn chips and cc, I'm curious if anyone knows what Kettle and Garden of Eatin's records are. Good/bad?

I think my hubby read some of garden of eatin (maybe kettle, he forgets) that has some gluten in them. We usually have kettle with no problems but we didn't have obvious symptoms to begin with.

num1habsfan Rising Star

I eat Tostitos, I've never had CC issues with them..

~lisa~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Kettle chips have notorious cc issues, some of their chips have gluten.

AndreaB Contributor

Does that go for their potato chips too? :unsure:

penguin Community Regular
Does that go for their potato chips too? :unsure:

Especially their potato chips. The salt & pepper ones were my first glutening, it sucked.

AndreaB Contributor
Especially their potato chips. The salt & pepper ones were my first glutening, it sucked.

Uh oh, I had a whole bag of potato chips yesterday. :o I get the unsalted. The kids also had some. Hopefully everyone is ok...the little one hasn't broken out yet and he's pretty sensitive to what I eat.

Green12 Enthusiast

Oh crap! I have Kettle chips all the time. I never know about cc because I don't get the obvious symptoms, like "d" and what have you.

key Contributor

Green Mountain Gingo are the one's I eat. THey say gluten free on the bag.

Monica

Lister Rising Star

kettle- they have 1 chip that contains gluten and thats the beer batterd chetter, unfortuantly they are all made on the same lines, but they claim still that there chips are gluten free, i ate them for a while with no problems, out of 20 bags i finally got 1 bad bag so i personaly stay away, but they are the best chips in the world

mission- i eat them farily often with no problems, even though they do cause minor bloating in general(atleast the salsja roja) but mission seems to be great iwth the cc, they use a diffrient facility for the gluten free items so u should be in the clear

Lymetoo Contributor

Yes, Mission! And "original" Lay's chips!

skinnyminny Enthusiast

I eat Santinas by frito lay or tostidos, I have yet to have a CC problem knock on wood I wont

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

Haven't read to bottom...but I did Emal Hain, which produces Garden of Eatin ... they make their product on equipment that produces wheat, so the chips aren't clean. Boo hoo. I love their sesame blues.

Green12 Enthusiast
Haven't read to bottom...but I did Emal Hain, which produces Garden of Eatin ... they make their product on equipment that produces wheat, so the chips aren't clean. Boo hoo. I love their sesame blues.

Thanks Bully4You for posting this info :)

jesscarmel Enthusiast

i eat guiltless gourmet chips which are low fat. they said all the chips are gluten free. i think they taste great, especially the blue corn

Guest BERNESES

Aha...good to know abaout Garden of eatin..... Bummer tho.

I like Green Mtn Gringo and tostitos.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Stay away from the Garden of Eatin's chips!

That sure explains a lot <_< I was eating them and all week I have been having wheat allergy and celiac disease reactions. I had a hudge rash on both of my lower legs, I am having respiratory problems (not getting enough air or something), I had stomach pain, chest pains, and now I am having GI problems :( Those chips are definately contaminated.
pesto126 Newbie

gringo mountain for me.. I do find they don't stay fresh all that long in the bag though... last batch was stale tasting after 3 days... but I don't eat a whole bag at a time I guess I need to work on that!

Becky6 Enthusiast

I wrote to Kettle Chips and was told to stay away from them as they have bad CC. So, I have not gotten any since! I like Tostitos and green moutain gringo.

olalisa Contributor

I buy Snyder's tortilla chips and love them. They're just corn (enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, and folic acid), canola oil and salt. I just checked the bag for allergen info and I states, "Produced in a facility that handles peanut butter." So that sounds good to me (unless you have a peanut allergy, of course :P), but no mention of wheat, so I consider that GREAT!

Pas Newbie

Eh.. does anyone knows if Lays chips are safe?

or Ruffles?

i heard they were all gluten free but im not too sure...and i am kinda afraid to eat them..

oh and is it true that Hershey chocolate are gluten free too?( sorry its not chips but i thought id ask :)

thanks ^^

Archived