This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator

What an AMAZING game- 7 out of the 8 adults here were rooting for Canada- I had goosebumps when they played your anthem! Fanf&*^tastic!

And just to review the highlights of an amazing XXI Winter Olympics, I must pay tribute to our Apolo Anton Ohno

pic02.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Good Post-Olympic, Withdrawl-Setting-In morning, Psills. . . . .. . . ......:wacko:

Whatever are we to do now that it is all over? Will I have to go back to TALKING with my family members over dinner, and into the evening? Gah.. . . . ...

:rolleyes:

Meant to put a caption under that pic I posted last night of the Canadian Olympic goalie - - I've decided that it is a shot of Sophie at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Acceny, Munich or South Korea, where she will be the netminder for the women's team. . . . . ..... . . . ^_^

Gawd, she'd better get to work. . .. . . . ........

kareng Grand Master

Good Post-Olympic, Withdrawl-Setting-In morning, Psills. . . . .. . . ......:wacko:

Whatever are we to do now that it is all over? Will I have to go back to TALKING with my family members over dinner, and into the evening? Gah.. . . . ...

:rolleyes:

Meant to put a caption under that pic I posted last night of the Canadian Olympic goalie - - I've decided that it is a shot of Sophie at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Acceny, Munich or South Korea, where she will be the netminder for the women's team. . . . . ..... . . . ^_^

We will miss the Olympics, too. Loved calling the Goal Keeper, "netminder". Going to ask biggest son if he's ever been called that in soccer or now Lacrosse.

Dinner with the FIL went well. BIL had to cook gluten-free in college for a housemate. MY steak was left wrapped up & grilled away from other steaks & brought in on its on plate. I am bringing my new pots & pans & moving in. FIL seemed stumped when I told him I had Celiac & didn't say a thing. SIL kept the wine flowing. No margaritas required.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

HEY PEEPS!!!!!!!!

PINCH, PUNCH, PHIRST DAY OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!

It's been TOO LONG!!! :)

NEARRRRGH!!!!!!!!... all me quotes went belly up :blink:

...but mainly I wanted to say the Canucks done good !!!!!!!! :D

....looking forward to seeing Sophie in the 2018 Olympics! ;) (free flights and passes? :unsure: )

......... next stop LONDON!!

<Don't wanna jinx nuffink but the sun is shining & for the first time in around 200 million days it ISN'T RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......gettin out in them rayz B)☼ ☼ ☼>

We will miss the Olympics, too. Loved calling the Goal Keeper, "netminder".

Netminder :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

HEY PEEPS!!!!!!!!

PINCH, PUNCH, PHIRST DAY OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!

It's been TOO LONG!!! :)

Way too long!!!!! Missed you nik :wub:

Now git out there and enjoy that sunshine! B)

jerseyangel Proficient

I've decided that it is a shot of Sophie at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Acceny, Munich or South Korea, where she will be the netminder for the women's team. . . . . ..... . . . ^_^

Ah yes....I can see it now! :D

elye Community Regular

We will miss the Olympics, too. Loved calling the Goal Keeper, "netminder".

I like the British title, "keeper"..... . .. DD's teammates call her this for fun while attempting to put on Cockney accents. . . .... ..sixteen year-old girls. . . . . ... . ..:rolleyes:

YES! Free passes to the Psills for the Olympics 2018, for Soph will get all expenses paid to be there as the star netminder, and will have dozens of multi-million-dollar endorsements in the can from Nike, Underarmour, Wilson. .. ... . . ......

:lol:

She will not pay for any freebies for her li'l brother, as I am sure they will still disgust each other, even then. . . .... . .. . .......<_<:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast

I like the British title, "keeper"..... . .. DD's teammates call her this for fun while attempting to put on Cockney accents. . . .... ..sixteen year-old girls. . . . . ... . ..:rolleyes:

We cocker-knees are more likely to use the term 'goalie' ,but 'goal keeper' said in the style of Eliza Doolittle is fine ;)

Which reminds me...my gym has started a course of 'under water hockey'

:blink:

I may just try it... :unsure:

Yes! Free passes to the Psills for the Olympics 2018, for Soph will get all expenses paid to be there as the star netminder, and will have dozens of multi-million-dollar endorsements in the can from Nike, Underarmour, Wilson. .. ... . . ......

Oh FREEBIES!!! *sigh*

(Umm, I always could do with another pair of trainers ... those things you put on yer pheet when you run :blink:)

I actually dream of having a free reign in the Nike store :lol:

GADS!!!!!! ..all this sunshine & vit D's gone to me head....I've been mapping out a 5k run (start small)...it's gotta be better running in open air than in a stuffy gym methinks? (whatcha think Em?)

elye Community Regular

Hell. . . . . .... ....that should be one tough workout for the unfortunately padded-and helmeted-to-the-eyeballs goalie. . ....:huh:

:lol:

GADS!!!!!! ..all this sunshine & vit D's gone to me head....I've been mapping out a 5k run (start small)...it's gotta be better running in open air than in a stuffy gym methinks? (whatcha think Em?)

YES, absolutely! I prefer running outside (unless it is -20, then I remain firmly planted on the treadmill - - canna imagine why those blokes are out there, the ones I see in the frigid bowels of winter, jogging along the icy sidewalks with scarves, hats, mitts, coats, tights, sweatsuits all layered on, grimacing in pain.... ...).. . ....'tis madness.. .. . . . ..:huh:

Running outside is a more intense workout. It is simply more difficult, and takes more muscle energy and recruitment to move yourself along changing outdoor footings, than to have your muscles moved, at least partially, for you by a treadmill belt. I wish someone had told me this when I first started running outdoors, as I was shocked by the tiredness I felt after my first few attempts. I am also a bit sore after an outdoor run, but never after the same distance on a treadmill. . . . ... ....

But ya got dogs, you gotta do it! B)

Lisa Mentor

Hi Sillies. This was about one year ago. I thought I would post for those who have not seen this, and for those who have, my apology.

Open Original Shared Link

Mtndog Collaborator

OUCH Nikkeigh!!!! Stop it or I'm telling!

Em- I have Olympic withdrawal too!

Goosey- That video made me cry. What a wonderful thing you did!

elye Community Regular

Goosey- That video made me cry. What a wonderful thing you did!

Yes, I'm crying, too.. . . .....I remember hearing all about this, but never saw the video. Lisa, 'twas a fantastic project that you took on!

Lisa Mentor

Yes, I'm crying, too.. . . .....I remember hearing all about this, but never saw the video. Lisa, 'twas a fantastic project that you took on!

[/quote/]

My son-in-law did a great job and they sucked me into this makeover. It aired sometime last May, and I have seen re-runs.

It turned into a very interesting project. The producers don't always choose well. But the East Carolina Team put together a great video, and people signed on for the right reasons That's the important thing.

(ugg messed up the quote)

kareng Grand Master

8pm & about 30 degrees F & I just dropped M (14) at soccer practice. Also, 17 yr old is to be the netminder for his lacrosse team - never played before but is the only one who doesn't mind small projectiles thrown at him. Finds the bruises interesting.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

That was the funnest walk I've had in a very long time. Recumbent bikes, two person bikes, one guy on a unicycle, somebody with a baby trailer.

Patti, have Mark ask his buddy if his wife was the one with shiny streamers attached to her helmet and a stereo blasting 'men without hats'.

You must come visit this summer during the annual "Naked Bike Ride" W-O-W, tis an eye-op'ner

www.worldnakedbikeride.org

This sounds right up my alley. I was just on da book and said I was considering rollerblading on the treadmill this evening, but Amanda and Pateeh think tis not a good idea :lol:

Oh FREEBIES!!! *sigh*

(Umm, I always could do with another pair of trainers ... those things you put on yer pheet when you run :blink:)

I actually dream of having a free reign in the Nike store :lol:

I am sooooo excited, you must come and stay this weekend! My boss got us passes for the employee store this weekend!!! There are super strict instructions on what you can and cannot do in the store. Since it is the actual Nike headquarters, there are often super stars and athletes there and you must NOT ask for autographs or take pictures, blah, blah, blah. I'm just jazzed that I can get my kids awesome shoes for 10$!!! Annnndddd, if I see Justin Timberlake, Bode Miller or Shawn White in the process, I'm sure I will survive ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Nikki is wishing all the Psills good morning and reminding yooz (I'm sure y'all know but just in case)

....it's Open Original Shared Link

This sounds right up my alley. I was just on da book and said I was considering rollerblading on the treadmill this evening, but Amanda and Pateeh think tis not a good idea :lol:

Really?? :lol:

I am sooooo excited, you must come and stay this weekend! My boss got us passes for the employee store this weekend!!! There are super strict instructions on what you can and cannot do in the store. Since it is the actual Nike headquarters, there are often super stars and athletes there and you must NOT ask for autographs or take pictures, blah, blah, blah. I'm just jazzed that I can get my kids awesome shoes for 10$!!!

WHAAAAT?!?!?!!

OMG!! Nicola is tr

kareng Grand Master

I am sooooo excited, you must come and stay this weekend! My boss got us passes for the employee store this weekend!!! There are super strict instructions on what you can and cannot do in the store. Since it is the actual Nike headquarters, there are often super stars and athletes there and you must NOT ask for autographs or take pictures, blah, blah, blah. I'm just jazzed that I can get my kids awesome shoes for 10$!!! Annnndddd, if I see Justin Timberlake, Bode Miller or Shawn White in the process, I'm sure I will survive ;)

Bode ? Shawn? My hub would be there but he must go to the robotics competition - we are mentors.

Nikki is wishing all the Psills good morning and reminding yooz (I'm sure y'all know but just in case)

Karen says Good Morning. Karen will be at First robotics competition Thur , Fri & Sat.

elye Community Regular

Nikes for ten bucks?? :blink: Holy crap.... . . . ..

I think those headquarters need to open up on one day a year, NOT for the likes of Justin and Shawn and Bode (now those guys really need a break on the price of superior athletic footwear <_<), but for poor sops like us who try to take good physical care of ourselves but struggle every time we must make regular $129.00 + payments for new replacement shoes.. . . . ..... :angry:

Finds the bruises interesting.

Kherrighnn, the tradition here is to examine these bruises carefully and report back whose face is magically appearing as the mark darkens and changes. Last year I initially saw Michael Jackson on my hip before it enlarged and became Louis Armstrong, then gradually someone else - - canna recall who -- before it finally faded away. .. . . . .. .. .. :lol:

GAH! Emily is amused.. . . . ... ...must do this ALLLLL day.. . . . ....:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Jess is determined. Jess was challenged last night to incorporate "What the french toast" into everyday conversation today.

Jess cannot decide if she should skip her morning walk, or go to work an hour late.

kareng Grand Master

Kherrighnn, the tradition here is to examine these bruises carefully and report back whose face is magically appearing as the mark darkens and changes. Last year I initially saw Michael Jackson on my hip before it enlarged and became Louis Armstrong, then gradually someone else - - canna recall who -- before it finally faded away. .. . . . .. .. .. :lol:

I'm sure he will want them to look like Playboy Playmates or Megan Fox.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Janet loves this!!!

Morning Peeps. Janet fell off the face of the earth for a while but she's back. Janet also wants to report that her spiffy new Canadian Olympic mittens showed up a few days ago. Janet knows you are all jealous of her.

kareng Grand Master

Janet loves this!!!

Morning Peeps. Janet fell off the face of the earth for a while but she's back. Janet also wants to report that her spiffy new Canadian Olympic mittens showed up a few days ago. Janet knows you are all jealous of her.

Kare-in says congrats on the mittens.Kare-in is green with envy.

Rachelle is also green wif envy, she shall look for some of these rare gems when she travels to Canadia this spring!

Rachelle has made her coffee WAAAYYYYY too strong this morning, so she shall be bouncing off the walls in T-minus 10 minutes, stand by.... :blink:

Rachelle is very excited to visit the Nike store, Rachelle would like to see a celeb or two, but rarely has that great of luck. Rachelle's husband, however, has already been online to check it out and has spent all of Rachelle's tax return, so there may be no $$ left for her :rolleyes: But Rachelle is going out Saturday night wif friends and will be getting her drink ON, so watch out!!

Rachelle did nae rollerblade on the treadmill last night, but the more she thinks about what a bad idea it is, the more she wants to try it. Rachelle can shuffle sideways on the treadmill-like the grapevine, and she can walk backwards on the treadmill--how hard could the rollerblading be??? :lol:

Rachelle must get beck to work, her first patient is here and she's stalling because there's no way in hell that she can pronounce the gal's name.....

Nicola needs to come with you as a calming influence as she only knows who JT is!!! :lol:

Nicola MUST join Rachelle on Saturday, they would tear the place up!! :lol: :lol:

kareng Grand Master

Rachelle did nae rollerblade on the treadmill last night, but the more she thinks about what a bad idea it is, the more she wants to try it. Rachelle can shuffle sideways on the treadmill-like the grapevine, and she can walk backwards on the treadmill--how hard could the rollerblading be??? :lol:

Rachelle is a truly talented treadmill artist (pronounce ar teese) . Karen can barely stay on the treadmill forwards.

Archived