This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

For the people with the car kids:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

I agree with Patti. I loved Flash Forward but couldn't keep track of when it was or wasn't on. Weather sounds lovely Peter.

Jess- in Spain they have Castillian (sp?) as a language, too. I think most people you will see will speak English.

kareng Grand Master

Need some f book advice. The "MIL" has discovered fb. she wants to friend me. I am really friends with her ex hub and his sister. They were actually FILs step kids he adopted. I don't want her spying on me or thinking I like her. She and FIL have done some horrible evil things. However, it might be good to keep an eye on her. My SIL has already friended her so you will see some things that way. I'm planning on pretending I haven't seen it for a few days. Want to see if see friends the ex kids.

Jestgar Rising Star

You could friend her, then unfriend her later. She'll never know (unless she takes the time to look for your name on her friend list).

nikki-uk Enthusiast

I'll be going the end of August and plan to do barcelona, the southern towns, and Madrid. I may add some northern stuff, or just save that for later, depending on my mood.

OH fan- f***in-tastic!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I went to Barcelona with my parents many moons ago - BEAUTIFUL sights!!

...but I have to ask (as yer be but a few countries away) WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO ENGLAND?!?!

I think ABC goophed big time by not running all of the episodes at one clip. It's hard for people to get back into something after having it gone for months. It worked for Lost, but only after it had been on for several seasons.

I'm glad he has another TV project in the works :)

Unfortunately, the same thing happened here <_< ... and when it came back it was on a different night - so I didn't get to watch it.

WORLD CUP!!! In less than two weeks!! :D :D :D

Oh yes!!!.... how can I forget? :rolleyes:

Flags will be hung outside (with bunting....do you have that? :unsure: )

England football kit shirts will be worn..along with hats, scarves,..whatever you can find with a St George cross on it.

Match schedules are being worked out.

Dan (my eldest) may have to play hookey from work if an England match occurs between 9-6pm...come to think of it, nothing gets done during these highly important matches. The country grinds to a halt.

The streets become bare like a plague has befallen us,tumble weeds blowin' through as everyone crams into pubs/living rooms...... the only noise to be heard is the roar when England score!!!! ..... ( we hope :rolleyes:)

T'is hard NOT to get caught up in it :lol:

mushroom Proficient

Yeah, even lil ole New Zealand qualified for the Cup this time around, the last team to make it in, I think :(. Of course, we is holding high hopes for them :lol:, especiially since the vice-captain (do they akshually NEED a captain for that??) has fractured his shoulder last week :unsure: But that's all right because they have screwed it back together with three screws and he reckons he'll be good to go by the second match on the 20th :o And t'was one of them evil Ossies what did it to him :rolleyes: Go the All Whites!!

Jestgar Rising Star

whelp, I have no idea why youse ferriners is lookin' fer cups, but I did just buy a new bra....does that count?

AND

I am going to sit on my butt and read a book.

don't tell anyone

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

whelp, I have no idea why youse ferriners is lookin' fer cups, but I did just buy a new bra....does that count?

AND

don't tell anyone

A fun book? No biology, genetics, medicine or math?

jerseyangel Proficient

don't tell anyone

Capitol ideer :D

mushroom Proficient

AND

don't tell anyone

Most of our guys don't wear bras :D But they could probably use anuffer kind of cup :P considering the way these peeps play.

And yep, definitely recreational reading or any other recreational kind of activity..... :rolleyes:

curlyfries Contributor

Lord, I have all this to look forward to with Jack.... .:unsure: . ....actually, there will be no car parts strewn about with him. ... . . ..I'll be seeing model pieces, papers on various theses, scribblings on life... . .... .and these things can take up nearly as much space, so I won't be getting off easy, to be sure. BUT -- no epoxy paint smell. 'Tis good. .. . ....

When Nathan was little, it was butterfly nets, jars of various bugs, maps......not sure what he was studying on the maps, then as he got older it was turtles, snakes, iguana......

Man, I want a husband/son like this!! How phabulous to have a guy around who can change yer spark plugs/oil, flush yer radiator, replace lights and sensors.. . . ..... .

My daughter Briana was the mechanic :rolleyes: ......learned from her daddy. She was very proud of herself that she could do what a lot of men couldn't. She tuned up her car, changed the oil, replaced the brake pads......

Nathan knew enough to keep his car running while in college.

GADS!! Some o' yooz kids breakin' up from school already??? :unsure:

Ours don't until late July, go back Sept

I've been out for a week. We go back August 2.

WORLD CUP!!! In less than two weeks!! :D :D :D

Nathan will be watching for sure! At the age of 13 he was in Ireland when they won the World Cup. Nathan played for years, and quit after high school. He is just now joining an adult league for the first time. Can't believe he will be playing in the heat of the Texas summer! :o

jerseyangel Proficient

Happy weekend sills :D Hope ya'll are havin a good one!!

conniebky Collaborator

Happy weekend sills :D Hope ya'll are havin a good one!!

I'm feelin right silly today :P

who's your favorite band or singer?

what's in your bucket list?

Describe your dream home!

What are you OCD about?

Describe your dream vacation!

kareng Grand Master

What are you OCD about?

Dream home - one that cleans and picks up. Oops! That's my dream children,

OCD - Nothing.. See above

Vacation - one where all the restaurant food is good and really gluten-free

Watching Indie 500.

conniebky Collaborator

Dream home - one that cleans and picks up. Oops! That's my dream children,

OCD - Nothing.. See above

Vacation - one where all the restaurant food is good and really gluten-free

Watching Indie 500.

LOL - aint' that the truth??? I swear your dog looks just like mine, even down to the collar!

conniebky Collaborator

What are you OCD about?

My favorites are John Mellencamp, CCR, Prince, Bad to the Bone dude and Bette Midler and Bret Michaels

The things in my bucket list are all mushy emotional things like "be more pleasant"...stuff like that.

My dream home is a 1940's farmhouse with a red and white kitchen and linoleum floor.

OCD - I have to pick up and put down my sock 5 times before I put them on. No idea where that came from, but it's the only OCD thing I do. basically.

What's a vacation?

elye Community Regular

My daughter Briana was the mechanic :rolleyes: ......learned from her daddy. She was very proud of herself that she could do what a lot of men couldn't. She tuned up her car, changed the oil, replaced the brake pads......

Now, THIS is worthy of much bragging. SO fantastic.. .....:)B)

.. . . .Trying to remember some of the band names from pages past.. . . ....

Badass Snow Poodles?

Expressed Anal Glands?

Oracle POeter and the Fecal Matter?

C'mon, guys, help me out here.. . ... ... . .we had all kinds! :lol:

What are you OCD about?

Man, I have this thing about passing all of the perfectly placed li'l photo frames in the housewares and decorating section of Walmart.. ....cannot pass by without slipping my own reject pics of foreheads, half-faces and over-exposed thumbs into the frames.. . . . .... . ...'tis true.... .... .

:huh:

:lol:

Watching Indie 500.

Mine is watching another race - - any one of the Triple Crown .. ..... . . ..methinks ideally the Derby, as I would LOVE to see Kentucky. . .....

kareng Grand Master

LOL - aint' that the truth??? I swear your dog looks just like mine, even down to the collar!

We call him a back yard bred lab - (in a Ozark hillbilly accent)" You got a Lab and I got a lab, we can make a lotta money on the puppies." He has the big head and feet of that type and the skinny body of the slender ones. He's not too smart...but he's pretty!

Bad to the Bone dude

George Thurogood (spelling?)

Now, THIS is worthy of much bragging. SO fantastic.. .....:)B).. . . .Trying to remember some of the band names from pages past.. . . ....Badass Snow Poodles?Expressed Anal Glands?Oracle POeter and the Fecal Matter?C'mon, guys, help me out here.. . ... ... . .we had all kinds! :lol: Man, I have this thing about passing all of the perfectly placed li'l photo frames in the housewares and decorating section of Walmart.. ....cannot pass by without slipping my own reject pics of foreheads, half-faces and over-exposed thumbs into the frames.. . . . .... . ...'tis true.... .... . :huh::lol:Mine is watching another race - - any one of the Triple Crown .. ..... . . ..methinks ideally the Derby, as I would LOVE to see Kentucky. . .....

I always wondered where those pictures came from.

Cooper and the Poopers?

Jestgar Rising Star

What are you OCD about?

Band varies with my mood. Currently liking lady gaga and diana ross.

got no bucket list. If I want it i do it.

not really a home person. I think some people are streamers, and some people are foundations. I stream.

no ocd whatsoevah

dream vacation....I try to keep up on these so nothing is ever so distant as to be a dream.

Oscar Apprentice

It has been a while since I have visited the psillies. There are new phaces, and some pholks seem to be missing. Where are Suzie and Manda? I hope they are well.

A possibly phunny observation for Sunday evening: To a pessimist, the glass is half-empty. To an optimist, the glass is half-full. To a psilly, more wodka is defintely needed. :lol:

kareng Grand Master

It has been a while since I have visited the psillies. There are new phaces, and some pholks seem to be missing. Where are Suzie and Manda? I hope they are well.

A possibly phunny observation for Sunday evening: To a pessimist, the glass is half-empty. To an optimist, the glass is half-full. To a psilly, more wodka is defintely needed. :lol:

Oscar! Sooo nice to meet you! You are my favorite SS character! I like you even better than that giggly red one! Can't imagine he would like wodka.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Oscar! Sooo nice to meet you! You are my favorite SS character! I like you even better than that giggly red one! Can't imagine he would like wodka.

My favorite is the Cookie Monster. I always thought Big BIrd was creepy.

Korwyn Explorer

Hi Oscar!

You are my second favorite sesame street character. My favorite is the Cookie Monster! Years ago I used to play Quake (a first person shooter) and you could put different 'skins' on your character. I found out on the net someplace a Cookie Monster skin and loved playing with that - except that I absolutely stink at Quake. :)

So one day I was playing with about a 1/2 dozen co-workers at lunch and I was having a worse day playing than usual. I died at least 30 times in a 5 minute period and the hallway where I kept dying was carpeted with blue cookie monster bodies. It was kinda like the 'secret elephant burial ground' for cookie monsters! :lol:

Korwyn Explorer

My favorite is the Cookie Monster. I always thought Big BIrd was creepy.

I totally agree! Did you ever see the 'Far Side' comic where all the Sesame Street characters are gathered for Thanksgiving (I assume) dinner and there is an empty chair and a Giant 'Turkey-like' bird on the platter in the middle of the table? :)

elye Community Regular

A possibly phunny observation for Sunday evening: To a pessimist, the glass is half-empty. To an optimist, the glass is half-full. To a psilly, more wodka is defintely needed.

:lol:

Well said, Oscar! But... I thought you were more of a martini drinker... .. . ...;)

I died at least 30 times in a 5 minute period and the hallway where I kept dying was carpeted with blue cookie monster bodies. It was kinda like the 'secret elephant burial ground' for cookie monsters! :lol:

:lol: Jeez, imagine THAT fossil site.. . ......!

Archived