This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bread Maker Recommendation (breadman gluten-free Cycle)

Sterndogg

Sterndogg Apprentice

I'd like to start baking bread from scratch and obviously will need a bread maker. I just saw this one on Amazon with a built-in gluten-free cycle. Is this a gimic or does it actually work?

Open Original Shared Link

Has anyone used this one, or can recommend a bread maker that isn't too fancy and user-friendly?

Thanks,

Adam

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

I love the zoriushi......(misspelled)

hez Enthusiast

I have the cusinart bread maker that also has a gluten-free cycle. I like it but have only tried mixes in it. My only complaint is that you have to keep it on light crust (not medium or dark) otherwise it burns the bread.

Hez

sparkles Contributor

How is the gluten free bread cycle different? I just use a regular bread maker (not a really expensive model) and I think my bread turns out great. It smells great and tastes okay. I can even use it to make sandwiches that don't have to be toasted. The crust does get a little brown... but that is okay. There is a control on it for light crust though I haven't tried it yet. I have made both yeast and quick breads in it. My husband got me one for my birthday as the old one had been glutened.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

I can't believe it..i was going to get this one today

the Breadman TR875 2lb w/ gluten-free cycle sounds good.

wish there were others who had purchased it so we'd know for sure.

the consumer report said it was ok.

my chrio was trying to get me to get one as they are cheaper now.

I don't have alot of kitchen shace, none actually..

so need a small on.

She was saying that at $7 to $8 a loaf w/12 slices of gross bread would pay for itself after maybe 10 loaves

of bread :lol:

think there was a c/o for $20 off anything in bedbath and beyond

if it hasn't expired.

judy

Pilgrim South Rookie
I'd like to start baking bread from scratch and obviously will need a bread maker. I just saw this one on Amazon with a built-in gluten-free cycle. Is this a gimic or does it actually work?

Open Original Shared Link

Has anyone used this one, or can recommend a bread maker that isn't too fancy and user-friendly?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

We have tried all sorts of bread makers and have found the Zojirushi to be the best. It cooks the bread all the way through without burning it (a problem in some). You just put the ingredients in it and forget about it. We make bread from scratch, plus use prepared mixes such as Bob's Red Mill, Pamela's etc. We also make multiple loaves of bread in the oven, hamburger and hot dog buns and cinnamon rolls, all from the same mixes. The Zojirush is more expensive but it will out last other machines, including the non stick finish on the pan and 2 bread mixer blades on the bottom. It makes a nice large loaf that looks, tastes and feels like a normal loaf of bread. I put all the ingredients into the machine, push one button (it hold your settings in its memory) and when its done take it out. I then put it upside down on a cooling rack, where it pops out (after manipulating the 2 mixer blades on the bottom just a little). When its totally cooled I slice it and put it into freezer bags, maybe 4 slices at a time to take out and use when needed. It keeps longer this way, as gluten free bread is always the best the day it is baked. Oh yes,.. that is.. I put what is "left of the bread" the day I bake it if our 18 year old son is home. :) It has a way of disappearing really fast if he smells the bread. :)

There are many bread machines that will make gluten free bread just fine, but I really think for the long haul, meaning what is more economical, lasts the longest, holds up the best, is easy to use, makes great bread-every time, the Zojirushi pays off the best. I have had experiences with other machines where they didn't mix well and I had to actually mix the bread before putting it into the machine, reset and turn on the bake time again (every time) after it was done because the bread wasn't done in the middle (falls in the middle when you cool it), overflowed into the machine as it was rising, burn the bread (because baking pan was too thin), etc. and etc. Our opinion is that the Zojirushi is worth the extra money and even having to save up for a time to get it if need be. I wonder if they know how many gluten free bread bakers love their machine? Hope this helps.

momandgirls Enthusiast

Just another vote for the Zojirushi - we love it. The best price for it, I found, was on Amazon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

breann6 Contributor

i recommend the zojirushi too. i bought the zojirushi about three weeks ago after it being highly recommended here and I LOVE it. its super super easy to use, i just dump the bread out and freeze in ziploc bags like another poster. i have never owned any other bread maker but have a friend with the cuisinart and she wants the Zojirushi after just six months her cuisinart is giving her issues....

zojirushi plus pamelas amazing bread (sweet recipe) mix is delicious!! it taste as close to honey wheat as anything i have tried so far :)

Archived