Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new to LI

gluten-free Cream Of Mushroom

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't have the label in front of me to check for meat, but I use Progresso's Creamy Mushroom for all my casseroles, etc. It is listed as a vegetable soup on http://www.bettycrocker.com/Products/Progr...so-products.htm

It is not a fully thick/condensed soup, but I heat it on the stove, and add gluten-free flour to thicken it a bit. My whole (non Celiac) family loves using it...my mom has even started using it at her house.

we use health valley cream of mushroom.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

I just picked up Creamy Protobello Mushroom Soup by Imagine and it says on the back that it can be used in any recipe that calls for cream of mushroom soup. I was going to try it tonight and see how it worked......I can let you know :)

If they have Progresso Soup in your local grocery stores, Progresso makes a real good "Creamy Mushroom" soup. Its gluten-free and vegetarian. Nice size chunks of mushrooms, and a nice thick sauce.

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"Imagine" (I got it at Whole Foods) makes Cream of Portobello Mushroom soup - as well as a bunch of other varieties. I'm eating it today for lunch, and it's yummy!

:)