Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Yes, pluots are the same.

Pluots, apriums, apriplums, or plumcots, are some of the hybrids.

:)

Hubs is working on the front porch in this heat.

He's getting potato salad and burgers on CHEBE rolls and fruit salad for dessert.

This may be a POIfect idea. I might just go with his favorite, mac & cheese.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

This may be a POIfect idea. I might just go with his favorite, mac & cheese.

I had to turn the AC on (as much as I hate it) so I could turn the oven on so I can make the rolls...GAK!! it's already 95 here at 11 am in NY .

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

We've been living together for over five years. There's plenty of states where I can call him hubby! Not this one... but anyway. We tend to say hubby and wife, especially with strangers. Easier.

ah. Thought you went and did sumpin' without telling us. Carry on. :)

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I had to turn the AC on (as much as I hate it) so I could turn the oven on so I can make the rolls...GAK!! it's already 95 here at 11 am in NY .

Here too (CT). I have all the drapes drawn.

Now I can't decide between mac n cheese and Chebe sandwiches.

Authentic Japanese:

Grilled Tsukane (chicken meatballs with miso)

Tare (soy basting sauce) with the chicken

Yakiniku (Grilled Vegetables with Tare)

Takikomi Gohan (Japanese pilaf)

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Here too (CT). I have all the drapes drawn.

Now I can't decide between mac n cheese and Chebe sandwiches.

I made a double CHEBE batch since the oven is already on.

I was going to explain what I PUT in my burgers (TAPENADE)

but Karen scoffed at my use of the proper "Haricots Verts" and now, I am TRES TRISTE :( . (sniffle sniffle)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

fresh greenbeans with fresh cream corn. Havent figured out a protein to cook .

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

potato chicken salad made with leftover BBQ chicken and fresh eggs.

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Chicken salad, marinaded green beans, tossed salad, beets and deviled eggs....94 here. <_<

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Potato salad and ??? Plus a glass of wine. Mid-90's here, too, with more of the same for tomorrow.

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Looks like it was a " potato or some other kind of salad" day from Coast to coast. :lol:

Bloody hot here--it hit 100.

Happy First Day of Summer, Everyone!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Looks like it was a " potato or some other kind of salad" day from Coast to coast. :lol:

Bloody hot here--it hit 100.

Happy First Day of Summer, Everyone!

Ya, shaddap, ya chipper little fruitcake...... :angry:

Ya, shaddap, ya chipper little fruitcake...... :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

don't hate me cuz I'm chippah! ya poopyhead grouchy pants!

So what's for dinner tomorrow? ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

I sent my husband to the store for canning lids, he came home with marked down pork cube steak. I fried them up and made myself an apple in caramel sauce to go with it. (Hubby won't eat cooked apples, he's kinda weird.) I made a marshmallow salad earlier so we're just having that with our dinner. I almost made a vegetable.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

. I almost made a vegetable.

:lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

ooh, a vegetable. If I put pumpkin caramel sauce over vanilla ice cream does that count?

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

ooh, a vegetable. If I put pumpkin caramel sauce over vanilla ice cream does that count?

Counts as a vegtable in my book!!!LOL! :lol: Something sweet sounds sooooo good right now! yummy! :P

Tonight its Cosco Rotisorie Chicken...greenbeans w/garlic and s$#&aki mushrooms! B)

Cougie23

Diagnosed 8/3/11

Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,

But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...

you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

I am making homemade pasta today. Fettucine, in fact. I am also making a large batch of garlic and white wine sauce (so I can freeze some for hot days this summer). We will be having Sauteed Mushrooms with Sherry, Thyme and Garlic as well. Lemon Blueberry Pudding for dessert (low fat and low calorie).

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

I am making homemade pasta today. Fettucine, in fact. I am also making a large batch of garlic and white wine sauce (so I can freeze some for hot days this summer). We will be having Sauteed Mushrooms with Sherry, Thyme and Garlic as well. Lemon Blueberry Pudding for dessert (low fat and low calorie).

This sounds sooo yummy!! Much better than the veggies and hummus I had... ?

~**caselynn**~

This sounds sooo yummy!! Much better than the veggies and hummus I had...

It was AMAZING! Fresh pasta was incredible. And the sauce? Oh, man.

Your meal was healthier than mine, though! :P

I made arepas today, not really sure what I wanted for supper but I knew I wanted it on an arepa. We just made some burgers and fries. Burgers are awesome on arepas, they're so magical.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

It was AMAZING! Fresh pasta was incredible. And the sauce? Oh, man.

Your meal was healthier than mine, though! :P

Yummy beats healthy anyday! Haha I'm thinking I may make spinach stuffed chicken Alfredo at some point this weekend, if I can find all of the ingredients!

~**caselynn**~

There was extra fresh homemade pasta from last night so I am making a truffle cream sauce for it. We brought the preserved truffles back with us from Croatia. They are heavenly! Braised celery in white wine. Strawberry limeade.

Braised celery in white wine.

Hum...sounds interesting. Would you share? :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hum...sounds interesting. Would you share? :)

Certainly. I love braised vegetables!

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Braised-Hearts-of-Celery-Vinaigrette-Food_com-149062?servings=6