This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Lisa Mentor

Thank you. I have this new interest in celery of all things. I made guzpatcho today...too hot for anything else.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

Mex tonight

Pineapple/mango salsa and corn chips

Mexican Rice

grilled pork tenderloin rubbed with mexican spices/herbs

NO FLAN today! :( (see dessert thread)

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

Mex tonight

Pineapple/mango salsa and corn chips

Mexican Rice

grilled pork tenderloin rubbed with mexican spices/herbs

NO FLAN today! :( (see dessert thread)

How about you cook for me! Lol yet another yummy meal!

IrishHeart Veteran

How about you cook for me! Lol yet another yummy meal!

C'mon over!

C'mon over!

I did see a yummy recipe for date balls, this am...they looked soo good!! And a peanut butter cookie cheesecake....holy crap.... :-D

sora Community Regular

I slow roasted a whole chicken on the BBQ and grilled some eggplant.

I had some leftover basmati rice that I added a bunch of veggie bullion, sauteed onion and broccoli. The chicken came out all smokey and yummy.

love2travel Mentor

Caramelized Italian Sausages and Shallots with White Wine Braised Lentils

Arugula and Peppergrass Salad with homemade "Old Venice Italian Vinaigrette", Pepitas and Almonds

Chocolate Coconut Meringue Cookies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Well....since I've been in and out of work all day, my dinner was shot. So it was a banana, cup of tea, and followed by raw date balls later on....sooooo yummy! I'm not a raw foodie all the time but I sure was today haha

notme Experienced

last night was roast pork loin w/blackberry gastrique (thanx, love2, it was delish!), roasted potatoes and vidalia onions, raw veggies w/homemade ranch dressing. tonite, i have a skirt steak that has been marinating for days for korean beef, rice noodles, sesame scallion pancakes.

yesterday, we roasted a ton of beets and vacuum-sealed them for the freezer. i now have red cabbage coming ready and it is SO HOT i think this garden is going to kill me!! :blink:

genieb Newbie

Not sure yet. Lunch is usually our big meal but on Sunday Bob's schedule is different so it's in the evening. I have some zucchini and yellow squash I need to use -- will probably try putting together a "skillet meal" by adding some onions, garlic, green pepper, tomatoes and maybe a cut up chicken breast or two. I made a carrot salad yesterday will probably have with.

dcns65 Apprentice

It's a grill night-Steak, baked potatoes and sweet potatoes with apples.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-sweet-potatoes-with-apples/reviews.aspx?SortBy=Helpfulness&Direction=Descending&Page=6

Trying to get my son to like sweet potatoes!

love2travel Mentor

Similar to last night as we are having leftovers.

- Caramelized Italian Sausages and Shallots and White-Wine Braised Lentils

- Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Butter

- Orange Glazed Carrots

- Blueberry Granita

love2travel Mentor

last night was roast pork loin w/blackberry gastrique (thanx, love2, it was delish!), roasted potatoes and vidalia onions, raw veggies w/homemade ranch dressing. tonite, i have a skirt steak that has been marinating for days for korean beef, rice noodles, sesame scallion pancakes.

yesterday, we roasted a ton of beets and vacuum-sealed them for the freezer. i now have red cabbage coming ready and it is SO HOT i think this garden is going to kill me!! :blink:

You already have beets and cabbage from your own garden? We are only just starting to get a few tiny radishes coming. Man, sometimes I really dislike our short summers.

So glad you liked the gastrique! Now you can make it with anything and have it with anything. And it sounds fancy and looks fancy but is simple. Your dinners sound very good. Korean cooking is a favourite of mine. Love ethnic foods! :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Cauliflower mashers

(trying to get my Irish hubs to think they are the "same" as mashed potatoes--if I put enough Kerry Gold butter and garlic on the damn thing, it works :lol: )

Grilled filet mignon with roasted garlic and grilled portabellas

and I made lemon bars (but I swear to St. Brigid, they are not for me!! They are for my physical therapist as a gift!!) Honest!! (ask Sylvia)

GF Lover Rising Star

Vegan protein shake made with coconut milk :( because my insides hate me.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Vegan protein shake made with coconut milk :( because my insides hate me.

Awwww, I sorry, I know that feeling. Can you do bananas? That helps some people. I'm a freak, I eat spicy food when I don't feel good.

GF Lover Rising Star

Awwww, I sorry, I know that feeling. Can you do bananas? That helps some people. I'm a freak, I eat spicy food when I don't feel good.

Bananas can trig migraines with me, just got over one yesterday. I may try some applesauce tho.

IrishHeart Veteran

Bananas can trig migraines with me, just got over one yesterday. I may try some applesauce tho.

Migraines suck. I battled them too, and I offer you this: ICE packs on the back of your head. Knock down that inflammation and sip chicken broth.

okay....

Just teasing you here, so you will laugh (because I know you have a killer sense of humor) but your sig line says you "went dairy free in June 2013 and you have no headaches and less flatulence......

so, since you are a time traveler, can you tell me how I am this time next year? How do I look? and ooh, can you tell us the winning lottery numbers so we can split it??

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Migraines suck. I battle them and I offer you this. ICE packs on the back of your head. Knock down that inflammation and sip chicken broth.

okay....

Just teasing you here, so you will laugh (because I know you have a killer sense of humor) but your sig line says you "went dairy free in June 2013 and you have no headaches and less flatulence......

so, since you are a time traveler, can you tell me how I am this time next year? How do I look? and ooh, can you tell us the winning lottery numbers so we can split it??

I'm in!

sora Community Regular

Cauliflower mashers

(trying to get my Irish hubs to think they are the "same" as mashed potatoes--if I put enough Kerry Gold butter and garlic on the damn thing, it works :lol: )

Grilled filet mignon with roasted garlic and grilled portabellas

and I made lemon bars (but I swear to St. Brigid, they are not for me!! They are for my physical therapist as a gift!!) Honest!! (ask Sylvia)

Hmmm, do I smell peanut butter lies?

sora Community Regular

Got home late so sausage in the frying pan and some fried potatoes with some curry powder and butter and some green and yellow beans.

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm in!

geesh, for the love of mike! what the?? .....are you following me around from section to section?

well, of course you would be "in"!! you silly freak. :) I heart you.

well...what the heck did YOU make for dinner today??

Spill!

IrishHeart Veteran

Hmmm, do I smell peanut butter lies?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay, I spit my drink on the laptop again (Mushroom and Karen will scold me now)

see, I told you that was a great line!

sora Community Regular

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay, I spit my drink on the laptop again (Mushroom and Karen will scold me now)

see, I told you that was a great line!

It's genius. (I can't stop watching that video.)

Please don't scold her ladies, it's my fault. :huh:

IrishHeart Veteran

It's genius. (I can't stop watching that video.)

Please don't scold her ladies, it's my fault. :huh:

It's okay. I'll just get a demerit.

One should not have a beverage too close to one's laptop and then, sip while reading something funny(which can cause a spit onto the laptop surface)...it's an unwritten, but well-known Board rule.

I smell your Peanut butter lies.