jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Mex tonight

Pineapple/mango salsa and corn chips

Mexican Rice

grilled pork tenderloin rubbed with mexican spices/herbs

NO FLAN today! :( (see dessert thread)

How about you cook for me! Lol yet another yummy meal!

C'mon over!

I did see a yummy recipe for date balls, this am...they looked soo good!! And a peanut butter cookie cheesecake....holy crap.... :-D

I slow roasted a whole chicken on the BBQ and grilled some eggplant.

I had some leftover basmati rice that I added a bunch of veggie bullion, sauteed onion and broccoli. The chicken came out all smokey and yummy.

Caramelized Italian Sausages and Shallots with White Wine Braised Lentils

Arugula and Peppergrass Salad with homemade "Old Venice Italian Vinaigrette", Pepitas and Almonds

Chocolate Coconut Meringue Cookies

Well....since I've been in and out of work all day, my dinner was shot. So it was a banana, cup of tea, and followed by raw date balls later on....sooooo yummy! I'm not a raw foodie all the time but I sure was today haha

last night was roast pork loin w/blackberry gastrique (thanx, love2, it was delish!), roasted potatoes and vidalia onions, raw veggies w/homemade ranch dressing. tonite, i have a skirt steak that has been marinating for days for korean beef, rice noodles, sesame scallion pancakes.

yesterday, we roasted a ton of beets and vacuum-sealed them for the freezer. i now have red cabbage coming ready and it is SO HOT i think this garden is going to kill me!! :blink:

Not sure yet. Lunch is usually our big meal but on Sunday Bob's schedule is different so it's in the evening. I have some zucchini and yellow squash I need to use -- will probably try putting together a "skillet meal" by adding some onions, garlic, green pepper, tomatoes and maybe a cut up chicken breast or two. I made a carrot salad yesterday will probably have with.

Similar to last night as we are having leftovers.

- Caramelized Italian Sausages and Shallots and White-Wine Braised Lentils

- Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Butter

- Orange Glazed Carrots

- Blueberry Granita

last night was roast pork loin w/blackberry gastrique (thanx, love2, it was delish!), roasted potatoes and vidalia onions, raw veggies w/homemade ranch dressing. tonite, i have a skirt steak that has been marinating for days for korean beef, rice noodles, sesame scallion pancakes.

yesterday, we roasted a ton of beets and vacuum-sealed them for the freezer. i now have red cabbage coming ready and it is SO HOT i think this garden is going to kill me!! :blink:

You already have beets and cabbage from your own garden? We are only just starting to get a few tiny radishes coming. Man, sometimes I really dislike our short summers.

So glad you liked the gastrique! Now you can make it with anything and have it with anything. And it sounds fancy and looks fancy but is simple. Your dinners sound very good. Korean cooking is a favourite of mine. Love ethnic foods! :D

Cauliflower mashers

(trying to get my Irish hubs to think they are the "same" as mashed potatoes--if I put enough Kerry Gold butter and garlic on the damn thing, it works :lol: )

Grilled filet mignon with roasted garlic and grilled portabellas

and I made lemon bars (but I swear to St. Brigid, they are not for me!! They are for my physical therapist as a gift!!) Honest!! (ask Sylvia)

Awwww, I sorry, I know that feeling. Can you do bananas? That helps some people. I'm a freak, I eat spicy food when I don't feel good.

Bananas can trig migraines with me, just got over one yesterday. I may try some applesauce tho.

Bananas can trig migraines with me, just got over one yesterday. I may try some applesauce tho.

Migraines suck. I battled them too, and I offer you this: ICE packs on the back of your head. Knock down that inflammation and sip chicken broth.

okay....

Just teasing you here, so you will laugh (because I know you have a killer sense of humor) but your sig line says you "went dairy free in June 2013 and you have no headaches and less flatulence......

so, since you are a time traveler, can you tell me how I am this time next year? How do I look? and ooh, can you tell us the winning lottery numbers so we can split it??

Migraines suck. I battle them and I offer you this. ICE packs on the back of your head. Knock down that inflammation and sip chicken broth.

okay....

Just teasing you here, so you will laugh (because I know you have a killer sense of humor) but your sig line says you "went dairy free in June 2013 and you have no headaches and less flatulence......

so, since you are a time traveler, can you tell me how I am this time next year? How do I look? and ooh, can you tell us the winning lottery numbers so we can split it??

I'm in!

Cauliflower mashers

(trying to get my Irish hubs to think they are the "same" as mashed potatoes--if I put enough Kerry Gold butter and garlic on the damn thing, it works :lol: )

Grilled filet mignon with roasted garlic and grilled portabellas

and I made lemon bars (but I swear to St. Brigid, they are not for me!! They are for my physical therapist as a gift!!) Honest!! (ask Sylvia)

Hmmm, do I smell peanut butter lies?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay, I spit my drink on the laptop again (Mushroom and Karen will scold me now)

see, I told you that was a great line!

It's genius. (I can't stop watching that video.)

Please don't scold her ladies, it's my fault. :huh:

It's genius. (I can't stop watching that video.)

Please don't scold her ladies, it's my fault. :huh:

It's okay. I'll just get a demerit.

One should not have a beverage too close to one's laptop and then, sip while reading something funny(which can cause a spit onto the laptop surface)...it's an unwritten, but well-known Board rule.

I smell your Peanut butter lies.