This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Marilyn R Community Regular

Yankee pot roast with horseradish, braised onions and carrots. Potato salad for him, cottage cheese for me. He prounounced it a "slammy" (ultimate compliment for him, as in grandslam).

It took a bit of label reading to find horseradish without questionable ingredients, finally found Gold's brand, which includes horseradish, passover vinegar and salt.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

sa1937 Community Regular

How were the lemon bars? I've been meaning to look for a recipe for those. it's something my grandmother always made around Chistmas when she was still alive and I've been missing them. I'll have to give that recipe a try.

They were good! I also made a pan of Pamela's brownies. Came home with just one lemon bar and half a pan of brownies. I was the only one gluten-free so if my gluten-eating friends like them, that says something.

I think next time I'll use the same amount of crust in a 9x13" pan for a thinner crust and double the lemon filling.

sa1937 Community Regular

Tonight I fixed Curried Coconut Chicken (from the latest issue of Taste of Home), rice and fresh green beans. I've been in such a rut and just needed to try something new.

love2travel Mentor

As the weather has cooled off a bit I am taking advantage of it and am making:

Focaccia

Spring Pea Soup with Chive Oil (would normally also add a homemade peppered creme fraiche but am making a far healthier choice so am not!)

Sauteed Julienned Zucchini with Lemon Mint Vinaigrette

I am also making a big batch of marina sauce to have on hand.

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight we are making taco burgers (corn chips instead of breadcrumbs and taco seasoning) and oven roasted fries.

Simona19 Collaborator

I made potato pancakes with sour cream on top and minestrone soup. I also baked Challah bread and something like croissants stuffed with strawberry jelly for snack.

My husband have a bowl of gluten free wide noodles with farmer cheese and butter from yesterday.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I was out and about tonight. So I'm having a salad with leftover lemon, thyme, basil chicken, blueberries,red grapes,and strawberries with a natural balsamic dressing. Perhaps some avocado slices too! Kids went to taco bell when I was gone. Tomorrow a chicken, boccoli and cheese casserole. My kids love it when I make this with gluten-free bisquick. That and the cheese, bacon and fresh chive bread.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

freeatlast Collaborator

I was out and about tonight. So I'm having a salad with leftover lemon, thyme, basil chicken, blueberries,red grapes,and strawberries with a natural balsamic dressing. Perhaps some avocado slices too! Kids went to taco bell when I was gone. Tomorrow a chicken, boccoli and cheese casserole. My kids love it when I make this with gluten-free bisquick. That and the cheese, bacon and fresh chive bread.

It all sounds so good--especially the chive bread.

freeatlast Collaborator

Tomato sandwich on Rudi's cinnamon raisin toast, snow peas, and potato chips.

We had grilled garlic shrimp and twice baked potatoes for him, (I had my twice baked potato for lunch with Lovetotravel's reccomendation of tuna, and it was great! :D ) So I had sweet potato tonight. And a fresh sliced peach and a square of dark chocolate.

love2travel Mentor

We had grilled garlic shrimp and twice baked potatoes for him, (I had my twice baked potato for lunch with Lovetotravel's reccomendation of tuna, and it was great! :D ) So I had sweet potato tonight. And a fresh sliced peach and a square of dark chocolate.

That's awesome - glad you liked it. Potatoes make such a great vehicles. :) How big was your square of chocolate? Hmmmm?? Kidding...you probably exercise more restraint than I. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Buckwheat Pasta with Marinara Sauce (all scratch, as usual)

Zucchini Matchsticks with Crispy Garlic Saskatoon Vinaigrette

Tequila Lime Marinated Cherry Tomatoes (from the garden)

Buckwheat Pasta with Marinara Sauce (all scratch, as usual)

Zucchini Matchsticks with Crispy Garlic Saskatoon Vinaigrette

Tequila Lime Marinated Cherry Tomatoes (from the garden)

I come to this thread to see what you're cooking! :)

sa1937 Community Regular

Me, too! :lol:

That's awesome - glad you liked it. Potatoes make such a great vehicles. :) How big was your square of chocolate? Hmmmm?? Kidding...you probably exercise more restraint than I. :lol:

I can honestly say it was the best lunch I've had in a very long time, and want to thank you for suggesting it.

With respect to the chocolate, I have to show respect and restraint to soy. So I had one Hershey's Dark Chocolate with Almonds Nugget. Before I knew better, though, I could have made my way through that bag in a night or two. I could polish off a pint of ice cream in one setting, especially if it was NY Fudge Chunnk by B&J. :D

love2travel Mentor

Aw...that is really sweet of you! Unfortunately I will not be posting for two days as I will be away Thursday and Friday but will be sure to again Saturday! :) In Autumn when it is cooler (our leaves are actually falling off the trees already) and then in Winter I make yummier heartier meals such as osso bucco. Can't wait! We do not have A/C so I melt in heat...

love2travel Mentor

Me, too! :lol:

Thanks, Sylvia. I enjoy reading about your pizza adventures!! :P

love2travel Mentor

I can honestly say it was the best lunch I've had in a very long time, and want to thank you for suggesting it.

With respect to the chocolate, I have to show respect and restraint to soy. So I had one Hershey's Dark Chocolate with Almonds Nugget. Before I knew better, though, I could have made my way through that bag in a night or two. I could polish off a pint of ice cream in one setting, especially if it was NY Fudge Chunnk by B&J. :D

I'm glad. Lunch can be ho hum at times so it is nice to look at things differently! :D

Oh, man. I am with you on the ice cream. I could polish a pint off quickly, too, but am exercising my new lactose restraints! Plus I am making a huge effort to decrease my cholesterol and incorporate more grains, legumes and so on.

sa1937 Community Regular

Thanks, Sylvia. I enjoy reading about your pizza adventures!! :P

I did without for soooooo long!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I made a big roast last night. Not sure what I'm making for dinner tonight but today and tommorrow I'm going to be doing some baking so we have some baked goods incase huricane Irene knocks out the power here. I'm making cornbread muffins and some type of flat bread for sure. What else should I bake? What would y'all make to prepare for a storm?

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

I think I'd be good with anything that's a vehicle for peanut butter? :D

Maybe have fresh fruits and veggies that could be eaten raw, bottled water, canned tuna, baked beans, or sardines in case the power goes out?

Oh..and pack a little overnight bag with undies,tooth brush, socks, meds, make-up..whatever in case you have to leave?

I hope the storm misses you entirely!

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I think I'd be good with anything that's a vehicle for peanut butter? :D

Maybe have fresh fruits and veggies that could be eaten raw, bottled water, canned tuna, baked beans, or sardines in case the power goes out?

Oh..and pack a little overnight bag with undies,tooth brush, socks, meds, make-up..whatever in case you have to leave?

I hope the storm misses you entirely!

I did go to the store today to get veggies and meat. It was sort of comical comparing my cart to all the people buying milk and bread in large quantities. I filled my cart with grapes, oranges, apples, salad, carrots, onions, celery, cucumber, potatoes, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, hummus, olive oil, steaks, kabob meat, ground turkey and ground bison. It was mostly a normal grocery run for me. The only thing I bought for the storm was an extra propane tank so if the power goes out we can cook everything on the grill. I already have an emergency stash of canned goods and peanut butter and jelly, etc. And we have plenty of bottled water too. I would have liked to get some extra D batteries but they were out at 3 different store so I gave up. We'll make due with the batteries we have. We have enough for our radio but not enough to power the flashlights so we can either listen to the radio or use a flashlight, lol. We have lots of candles though we can use for light if we have to. Last I heard the storm was coming right for us on Saturday. Only time will tell how much force and rain it hits us with. I'm hoping they can tell me something concrete at the four o'clock news.

Simona19 Collaborator

I just made soup from Sour Kraft and steamed some "donuts", "cakes" or "dumplings" (I don't know have to translate this)stuffed with Italian plums and covered with chocolate filling.

I will post recipe later.

I have fresh basil running out my ears :) So, I'm making lime/basil chicken again and fresh greenbeans. I may chop some basil and add it to a salad with avocado.

Aw...that is really sweet of you! Unfortunately I will not be posting for two days as I will be away Thursday and Friday but will be sure to again Saturday! :) In Autumn when it is cooler (our leaves are actually falling off the trees already) and then in Winter I make yummier heartier meals such as osso bucco. Can't wait! We do not have A/C so I melt in heat...

I will look forward to it!