This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

shadowicewolf Proficient

kept it simple:

Boiled chicken

rice

and a lettice salad

wasn't feeling too good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Ev7777 Apprentice

Coconut Fried Chicken

Chicken seasoned and then coated w/ gluten free panko like breading and shredded coconut. Then fried in coconut oil. I wish I would of made more, my husband was asking for a third helping!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I'm going to make some chicken salad with leftover chicken. Using my favorite mayo with lemon Juice. Pickles and olives on the side. Perhaps put it in an Udis hotdog roll.

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight I am making pineapple pork chops in the crock pot and I think I may put them over rice for dinner.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled Burgers Dusted with Ground Porcini

Various toppings including homemade Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce, caramelized shallots, homemade nectarine relish

Baby Potato Salad with Chive Oil

Smoked Chipotle Deviled Eggs

shadowicewolf Proficient

no idea. Might just be a rice and veggies night.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Alaskan Pollack --haven't decided how to make it yet so any ideas are welcome--otherwise I will probably just bake with some lemon pepper seasoning.

Rice with craisins and rosemary

Steamed broccoli

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Alaskan Pollack --haven't decided how to make it yet so any ideas are welcome--otherwise I will probably just bake with some lemon pepper seasoning.

Steamed broccoli

Do you do your fish en papillote (in parchment paper)? It steams and the texture becomes so lovely and flaky. Fresh citrus, herbs such as lemon verbena, rosemary and/or thyme, a touch of white wine, garlic and a few halved shallots are all you need for great flavour. Or perhaps steamed and served with an interesting pesto such as mint and pistachio or sundried tomato? If you have a spice grinder you could whiz up some dried mushrooms (i.e. porcini) and sprinkle on top. Speaking of mushrooms - how about a nice duxelles? It would be great with pollack.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

Chicken gumbo for supper here tonight. I just picked some tomatoes from the garden and need to use them..there's more coming!

Do you do your fish en papillote (in parchment paper)? It steams and the texture becomes so lovely and flaky. Fresh citrus, herbs such as lemon verbena, rosemary and/or thyme, a touch of white wine, garlic and a few halved shallots are all you need for great flavour. Or perhaps steamed and served with an interesting pesto such as mint and pistachio or sundried tomato? If you have a spice grinder you could whiz up some dried mushrooms (i.e. porcini) and sprinkle on top. Speaking of mushrooms - how about a nice duxelles? It would be great with pollack.

I will definately do it in parchement paper and I was thinking of doing something with citrus. Mushrooms are out because I'm allergic. I like the idea of a pesto-- I had not thought of doing pesto on fish. I make one with spinach and almonds that is great on chicken. I will probably decide at the last minute. Thanks for the ideas! :)

love2travel Mentor

I will definately do it in parchement paper and I was thinking of doing something with citrus. Mushrooms are out because I'm allergic. I like the idea of a pesto-- I had not thought of doing pesto on fish. I make one with spinach and almonds that is great on chicken. I will probably decide at the last minute. Thanks for the ideas! :)

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about the mushrooms.

It is so much fun experimenting with recipes/ingredients! Have fun... :)

sb2178 Enthusiast

Steamed broccoli

i'm liking that idea for the rice! I have dried cranberries, rosemary, and rice bubbling away in the rice cooker now and just ate a few lactofermented pickles (persian cukes + carrot sticks) to hold off the hunger until food is actually prepared.

i'm having rice, broccoli (cooked) and some form of protein. Was gotten by eating out last weekend and have been on the applesauce-rice noodles-cooked carrots-tiny bits of chicken diet for the last few days and am finally feeling up to more food. So excited to have something else!

i'm liking that idea for the rice! I have dried cranberries, rosemary, and rice bubbling away in the rice cooker now and just ate a few lactofermented pickles (persian cukes + carrot sticks) to hold off the hunger until food is actually prepared.

i'm having rice, broccoli (cooked) and some form of protein. Was gotten by eating out last weekend and have been on the applesauce-rice noodles-cooked carrots-tiny bits of chicken diet for the last few days and am finally feeling up to more food. So excited to have something else!

I wish I could take credit for the rice idea. I ate it in a restaurant once (can't remmember where now) and I've been hooked on it ever since. Glad to be of some help though!

freeatlast Collaborator

...ah left overs...baked salmon and coconut brown rice and homemade slaw. Well, the rice won't be leftovers. Had baked french fries last night. The rice will mix it up :) and will make a new batch of slaw.

love2travel Mentor

Although this recipe specifies halibut you can easily substitute pollack. Delicious! It is called Halibut with Nut Crust and Apple Vinaigrette (sorry - I cannot recall whether you can have nuts!).

http://leitesculinaria.com/11694/recipes-halibut-nut-crust-apple-vinaigrette.html

Although this recipe specifies halibut you can easily substitute pollack. Delicious! It is called Halibut with Nut Crust and Apple Vinaigrette (sorry - I cannot recall whether you can have nuts!).

http://leitesculinaria.com/11694/recipes-halibut-nut-crust-apple-vinaigrette.html

Thankfully I CAN have nuts, all kinds. :D

I will have to keep that one in mind for next time. I already made my fish. I ended up squeezing an orange over them, splashing some white white on, spraying with olive oil, topping with minced garlic and ginger, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt, then baking in parchement. Turned out pretty good for not following a recipe. Next time I think will add a little coconut aminos (which is my soy-sauce replacement since I can't have soy).

GFreeMO Proficient

Baked chicken breasts over rice and brown sugared and buttered carrots.

love2travel Mentor

Thankfully I CAN have nuts, all kinds. :D

I will have to keep that one in mind for next time. I already made my fish. I ended up squeezing an orange over them, splashing some white white on, spraying with olive oil, topping with minced garlic and ginger, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt, then baking in parchement. Turned out pretty good for not following a recipe. Next time I think will add a little coconut aminos (which is my soy-sauce replacement since I can't have soy).

Sounds great! Citrus seems to be made for fish (and a billion other things but still!).

shadowicewolf Proficient

i cheated since it was so hot and had toast with peanutbutter and honey on it. Not that healthy, but i really haven't eaten today so -shrug-

love2travel Mentor

i cheated since it was so hot and had toast with peanutbutter and honey on it. Not that healthy, but i really haven't eaten today so -shrug-

Everyone has those days sometimes! Nothing wrong with it. :)

love2travel Mentor

Grilled Piri Piri Marinated Quail with Portuguese Spicy Honey Sauce

Fresh Herb Risotto

Grilled Corn with Chili and Lime

Mango with Rosemary-Infused Honey

alex11602 Collaborator

Cajun roasted chicken tenders and risotto...strange combo, but the only way my 20 month old will eat any type of white rice.

love2travel Mentor

Cajun roasted chicken tenders and risotto...strange combo, but the only way my 20 month old will eat any type of white rice.

Your 20-month old has a discerning palate! :D What type of risotto are you making? I'm making mine with fresh herbs from the garden, white wine and citrus. Either that or Milanese with saffron but I thik I'll stick to the fresh herbs. Man, I love risotto.

alex11602 Collaborator

Your 20-month old has a discerning palate! :D What type of risotto are you making? I'm making mine with fresh herbs from the garden, white wine and citrus. Either that or Milanese with saffron but I thik I'll stick to the fresh herbs. Man, I love risotto.

Yes she does, at least she is picky in a good way though:) We are using basil from our garden and I think I have some white wine in the cabinet, it will be simple though since my 5 year old wants to make it.

love2travel Mentor

Yes she does, at least she is picky in a good way though:) We are using basil from our garden and I think I have some white wine in the cabinet, it will be simple though since my 5 year old wants to make it.

That's awesome. Many people assume that risotto is tricky to make but it is not! I love that there are hundreds of ways to do it. Very versatile, that little arborio rice!