Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh052980

Anyone Else Sensitive To Caffeine?

I had a totally gluten free lunch (grilled chicken, lay's potato chips, and pepsi) and am having some issues. I've been almost 100% caffeine free for about 4 months now, so the pepsi was the first real measurable amount of caffeine I've had. I know Lay's potato chips are gluten free, and there was nothing on the grilled chicken. That leaves caffeine. Anyone else have this issue?

I know many have sensitivities to caffeine, but consider the sugar too.  I can tolerate coffee fine.  But soda makes me feel like crap.  If I ate chips and soda at the same time - especially with nothing but chicken to counteract them, I'd be tired and icky feeling for hours.

Diagnosed at age 42.

Positive Bloodtest: Oct 1, 2013

Gluten-free since: Oct 2, 2013

Celiac confirmed by Biopsy: Oct 29, 2013

Except for the last three comments, this thread is over 3 and a half your old.  It is preferable to start a new thread or we can split off the new comments for a new thread.  

Preferences,

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Yeah, I saw that, but was trying to help I3oogie Down.  A new one is probably a good plan.

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Yeah, I saw that, but was trying to help I3oogie Down.  A new one is probably a good plan.

Ha... sorry, I'm a noob!  This seemed like the thread with the most relevant information regarding the caffeine thing, so that's where I replied.