arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free Living Or Living Without Magazine?

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 kabowman

kabowman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:01 AM

I haven't see GFL locally so didn't know it existed BUT that said, Living Without has soooo many other food issues it covers, it works great for people like me with mulitple food intolerances. Now, if they would only come up with a decent brownie receipe gluten-free, DF, CF, SF, etc., etc, etc.

I just starte my script and now don't have to rush out to the store hoping they still had one in stock.

As to the two month wait, I had the same problem. I ordered my mag, about the time for the new issue to come out and waited and waited, after getting my little notice card that I was now a subscriber, and waited, and it finally came, with the next edition. Oh well, I missed one...not the end of the world but not what I expected.
-Kate
gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:
Strawberries and Banannas (2007)
Nitrates (April 2006)
Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)
Peanuts (Nov. 2004)
Soy (Oct. 2004)
Almonds (Sept. 2004)
Corn (Sept. 2004)
Lactose/Casein (1999)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 sleepingbean

sleepingbean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

This is interesting to read! I had never heard of the GFL mag. I do subscribe to Living Without. I really enjoy it! I just wish it came to my door more often :)

I have a very little article and some of my recipes in this issue so I feel famous for a moment LOL
(okay, not exactly famous). I really think they are doing a great service to those on our diets. I remember when I read my first issue, how relieved I was to see so many great sources for so many things! I love the ads ! LOL And I made so much biscotti from their holiday issue, I have tried some breads, soups, and others.
The spring cleaning article from a year ago was really motivating.

All in all I love it :)

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says
I'll try again tomorrow.

#18 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

Not a canadian, but I bet they'll all appreciate the info!

Just wanted to say how I love Living Without, keep doing what you're doing! I love the recipes! In some ways, it's almost like a gluten-free, allergen-free Cooks Illustrated!

Ditto. I have a sub. I like the food ideas. And all of the adds for companies that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#19 hez

hez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

It looks like I am in the minority <_< I like Gluten Free Living. I enjoy the research and articles. However, I agree that the magazine has issues. It does not arrive in a timely fashion :angry:

Hez

#20 Generic

Generic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

I liked gluten free living until, they sent me a renewal card and I only recieved 2 of the 4 issues I payed for. Not to mention they are very over priced. It does not cost that much to publish a magazine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: