47 replies to this topic

#46 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

I'll tell you one thing, the longer the doctor's fingers are, the less it hurts to have him/her check you!

:o :lol: You're probably right. I would find it weird to go to a female gyno ...
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

It's interesting, our individual preferences! I only see female gyn's. I just feel more comfortable with someone who has the same "equipment"! :D

From my experience (I had male Drs years ago), they are much more gentle.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#48 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

i think i'm pretty old fashioned because i prefer having a male doctor.

Most of the time, I would prefer having an OBGYN who has actually experienced what I am experiencing. However, there was one Indian-American OBGYN I saw a few times in my practice who was really, really good--he listened to what I had to say and actually made eye contact, and I never felt rushed. He and his had 4 young children, and I got the feeling that he was had been very involved with his wife's pregnancies, and was a very involved father.

The doctor who delivered my youngest was also aman, and I'd never seen him before, but he was very good also. In fact, I liked him better than the labor nurse, who kept screaming, "Push!" right at times when my body was saying, "wait, breathe." I snapped, "Stop yelling at me!" at the nurse, and the doctor actually said to her, "Look, this baby's coming out now anyway," and she shut up.

I don't know why the labor nurses think they have to scream at you to push. When you have a bowel movement, you don't need anyone to scream, "push!" at you! :ph34r: And then when the head is halfway out, they think that you can and should "hold it" until the doctor's ready, like that's going to do the baby a world of good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: