This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

flourgirl Apprentice

Aw Pah-tay!! Anyone who has been loved by a pet knows how hard it is to say goodby! The decision that you had to make is probably the hardest decision ever made by anyone. You will have him with you as part of you as long as you live. You will look for him, expecting to see him there and then remember.....and it will feel so empty and hard. Just remember that it's not really empty, you just can't hug and hold the memory on the outside.....you have to hug that warm little glow in your heart.

I'm not sure that all made sense, but I hope you know what I mean.

Not staying to play. I only pooped in to catch up. Some of my family is here (mom and dad and older sis.) I'm too tired to play right now. Hope you're all shining where ever you all are! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Aw Pah-tay!! Anyone who has been loved by a pet knows how hard it is to say goodby! The decision that you had to make is probably the hardest decision ever made by anyone. You will have him with you as part of you as long as you live. You will look for him, expecting to see him there and then remember.....and it will feel so empty and hard. Just remember that it's not really empty, you just can't hug and hold the memory on the outside.....you have to hug that warm little glow in your heart.

oh Tea! That was just so beautiful, and captured it so well. You should write a book! :wub:

I have such fond memories of the Stinker, but, these babies here fill my heart and life with such love, that somehow, it's okay. :)

Random, weird thing I saw today:

driving down a main thoroughfare, very busy and at rush hour, about........40 or 50 small stuffed animals in the middle of the road

:blink:

Tiger balm :lol:

Lion pig :lol:

Peter's bruvvah's book, becoming a TV SERIES?????? :o that is FAN-pharking-TASTIC!!!!!!!

Leesargh's hubby, with a horny crutch :lol:

Olympia Dukakis, sending phunny llama messages :lol: :lol:

Ray-chull - celiac???????????????? :o 'tis highly possible.....haven't you been completely eating g f for a while now? more about this later -

more later me beloved sills!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

p.s. - Tea - love your new av, and yer smile!!!!!!!!!!! :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm not sure that all made sense, but I hope you know what I mean.

It did, T, and it was really beautiful. :wub:

elye Community Regular
Open Original Shared Link

OMG.. . .. . . . .. talk about crying . . .. . . ....

elye Community Regular
driving down a main thoroughfare, very busy and at rush hour, about........40 or 50 small stuffed animals in the middle of the road

Well, I'll tell you what I am strongly suspecting:

Olympia Dukakis placed them there.

happygirl Collaborator
I'm so very sad--I can't believe he's gone, but in my heart I know that we did what was best for him. He had a good life, was pampered beyond belief--but at the same time he brought so much joy to our family. We loved him.

Patti, I am so sad for you.......I just read about Allo in other people's quotes as I hadn't caught up.

However, I think that what you said summed it all up pretty nicely. He lived in lots of great places, and had the best mama a kitty could ask for.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am CERTAIN you are right

:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

And there's not only Laura, but LOOK how many Sillies are at the bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

'tis an unscheduled Thursday night party

curlyfries Contributor

Hmmmmm.......... <_< ............Soozeigh......were any of those stuffed animals llamas or ducks?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Patti......loved what "T" said about losing your Allo

It's just been such a year of 'changes' for you. big hugs buddy

Sarah so good to see you stop in and seem ok.

Hi to all the rest of our sillies.

judy

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks Judith :wub:

Jestgar Rising Star

Work has been stressful for a while. Had a bit of a breakdown. Cried for hours. but, of course, since no one was in the lab working but me, it was quite private. May have quit. Sent an ambiguously worded email to the boss (who is again out of town) that I just couldn't do it. Not really sure what I will do. Can't really afford to quit, but don't know how to make myself go back.

I just don't know.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess--I could tell there was something up lately (even though we only communicate this way, I could still tell).

((((HUG))))

I think it's good that you got it out--is there a possibility that this email will open up communication between you and your boss? What I do know is that you're a brilliant, kind, outstanding woman who is very loyal and works hard and doesn't deserve to have to feel this way.

I know you sent out resume(s)--any word there?

Take care of yourself tonight--get some rest. I'm just so sorry you are upset. :(

elye Community Regular

Good Mornin', Peeps!

Aw, Jyess.. . . .. :( Nothing is more stressful than trouble at work, a place that full-timers inhabit forty hours a week. That's a huge chunk of our lives. I do so hope that things get ironed out, or that you find something else.....if anything, I would suspect that potential employers would fight over you, and even be intimidated by your capabilities.

Boy, it was a day of tears yesterday, wasn't it?

All right, so here is an excellent thing I spotted in a hilarious little book entitled The Worst Case Scenario - - Pocket Guide to New York City that Sophie brought back from her trip for me:

Signs It's time to Leave a Taxi

-Driver asking you for directions

-Strong odor

-Taxi filling with smoke, flames

-Taxi going 50+ miles above speed limit, up on two wheels

-Banging, cries for help coming from trunk

-Driver texting

-Driver vomiting

-Driver drinking out of paper bag

-Driver sobbing, expressing loss of will to carry on

Jestgar Rising Star
-Driver drinking out of paper bag

:huh: What's wrong with this one?

psawyer Proficient
:huh: What's wrong with this one?

Nothing, provided the bag is made from environmentally friendly post-consumer recycled material. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

How are you doing this morning, Jess? I was really worried about you. :(

Jestgar Rising Star

Thanks Patti. I sorta cried all night, so I do look delightful this morning. I have to go in to finish the assay I started yesterday. No matter how upset I am I can't throw $3K down the drain because I 'didn't feel like it'. Once that's done I'll just leave. After that, I don't know.

On the up side, Lefty has no idea why his services as a stuffed animal are suddenly in such demand, but he's more than happy to provide. :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Work has been stressful for a while. Had a bit of a breakdown. Cried for hours. but, of course, since no one was in the lab working but me, it was quite private. May have quit. Sent an ambiguously worded email to the boss (who is again out of town) that I just couldn't do it. Not really sure what I will do. Can't really afford to quit, but don't know how to make myself go back.

I just don't know.

glad you spoke up Jess

Ditto all what Patti said

Your better than getting treated like this.

Hugs and hope coming your way

Judy

jerseyangel Proficient
Thanks Patti. I sorta cried all night, so I do look delightful this morning. I have to go in to finish the assay I started yesterday. No matter how upset I am I can't throw $3K down the drain because I 'didn't feel like it'. Once that's done I'll just leave. After that, I don't know.

On the up side, Lefty has no idea why his services as a stuffed animal are suddenly in such demand, but he's more than happy to provide. :)

They will find themselves very sorry to have lost you--this I know. There comes a point where being this miserable just isn't worth it, there surely is another company/school/position that needs and will appreciate you.

Hang onto Lefty--this is going to sound trite as hell but I firmly believe that when a door closes, a window opens. I've seen it happen many times. ;)

Jestgar Rising Star
Hang onto Lefty--this is going to sound trite as hell but I firmly believe that when a door closes, a window opens. I've seen it happen many times. ;)

Well, I'm such a frickin' Pollyanna that I think that adversity is a way to steer you towards something better that you wouldn't have otherwise found. I just hope I find it soon -- I'm not overly fond of the adversity part of the equation.

jerseyangel Proficient
Well, I'm such a frickin' Pollyanna that I think that adversity is a way to steer you towards something better that you wouldn't have otherwise found. I just hope I find it soon -- I'm not overly fond of the adversity part of the equation.

Yep--you got it! :D I hope you find it soon, too--but my money's on you and you're gonna come out of this better off and happier than before.

Stupid adversity part :angry:

elye Community Regular

STOOOOPID adversity part, fo sho!! :angry: Like Olympia Dukakis at my dad's bedside, moving all the foodstuffs around on his tray so that he, legally blind, cannot find his juice...........er sumphin'... .. .. .... . .. <_<

:rolleyes:

;)

I'm really hopin' for ya, Jyess....you are so intelligent, well-spoken, personable... ...people like you have all kinds of windows opening. I just know Patteiogh's right, here. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Like Olympia Dukakis at my dad's bedside, moving all the foodstuffs around on his tray so that he, legally blind, cannot find his juice...........er sumphin'... .. .. .... . .. <_<

:o:blink::huh: Olympia outta be ashamed of herself! :lol:

Jess's plight reminded me of something my grandpa (a plain-spoken, but wise man) used to say--"sometimes ya gotta go by way of Chicago". B)

jerseyangel Proficient

Peter--

Before I forget. ABC ran a promo for "Flash Forward" last night during the "Grey's Anatony" finale. They seem to be promoting it quite a bit!

Archived