This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Congrats on Smoke Phree!!!!

All my Phellow Phace Book sillies....must secretly admit (and I know I am not alone since Peoters Jackie is in there) I have a farm on pharmville....and I love it...always harvesting and such....oh yes--its a whole new vortex!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient
All my Phellow Phace Book sillies....must secretly admit (and I know I am not alone since Peoters Jackie is in there) I have a farm on pharmville....and I love it...always harvesting and such....oh yes--its a whole new vortex!
Do you have a pink cow yet? They apparently give strawberry milk, which is so much more interesting than the chocolate milk you get from the brown cows. :o

I hope it is true that calories consumed on Thanksgiving don't count. A busy afternoon baking saw us make brownies, French bread and pumpkin pie. Then we ate roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and are resting before tackling the pie.

FB MW players: I have discovered that the hospital will take a check as payment. You don't need cash as long as you have the money in the bank. ;)

elye Community Regular
Did someone say BACON? :lol:

:lol: Man, when Bevel screeches out sumfin' like this, I am only reminded of how I need to meet up with her. .........Bev, we gotta get together .... . ... .you always make me larf ... ... .. .. these outbursts just prove it more so.... .... .. :lol:

Dar gawd... .so much food has been consumed .... ... . . feel quite like an over-indulgent loser. . . . . ...

Watcha been eatin', POeter?

psawyer Proficient
Watcha been eatin', POeter?

It is Thanksgiving. Calories and sugar don't count today, right?

Bacon, fried eggs and waffles with real maple syrup in the morning, with lots of coffee.

Potato chips with sour cream and onion dip mid afternoon, while taking a break from baking.

Roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, gluten-free gravy and rice two hours ago.

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream coming up in minutes.

CSI: Miami and loads of insulin to follow. B)

elye Community Regular

I'll see your two units of Toronto, and raise you four Humalog. ... .. .. ;):rolleyes:

esammarie Newbie
Boys and girls take warning, if you go near the lake

Keep your eyes wide open, and look for sneaky snake

Now maybe you wont see him, maybe you wont hear

But hell sneak up behind you, and drink all your root beer

And then sneaky snake goes dancin, wigglin and a-hissin

Sneaky snake goes dancin, gigglin and a-kissin

I dont like old sneaky snake; he laughs too much you see

When he goes wigglin through the grass, it tickles his underneath

Well, sneaky snake drinks root beer, and he just makes me sick

When he is not dancin, he looks just like a stick

Now, he doesnt have any arms or legs, you cannot see his ears

And while we are not lookin, hes stealin all of our beer

And then sneaky snake goes dancin, wigglin and a-hissin

Sneaky snake goes dancin, gigglin and a-kissin

I dont like old sneaky snake; he laughs too much you see

When he goes wigglin through the grass, it tickles his underneath

Would that be related to the brilliant irony of Tom T. Hall? Love it!

flourgirl Apprentice

I see that someone has been strolling through past pages and is loving some good stuff back there! Hi to Esammarie! Jump in....and don't pheel you knead to rede every page.....just tuu much stuph! Toss a branch of psilli-villi on the fire and we'll toast yer marsh-mellows :P

Glad to hear from you HeyJude! Hang in there for a bit longer.

Hav-AH!-eee....I wants to go wif yous, too! Am longing to trek around some volcanoes (and no one would throw me in as I am no longer a virgin, I make a lousy sacrifice, anyway). I remember doing a report in grade school about King Kamehameha....have wanted to go there ever since.

Manda-villa is a farmer in the FB ville! Coupla my sisters love it there....wonder if you've met them? Bet they've been hired by you to work! :D I hear it's lots of phun!

Take care all....and yes....where is our Psuess?:o:(:unsure: Should we be worried yet?

Hah there Bever-really! Yeah....we said BACON several times! Wunnerphul stuff.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor

Open Original Shared Link

I did buy a box of grits, but have not tried them yet. Any info would be sorely appreciate.

Sleezenah

First, don't use Quaker.....CC issues.

Cook them longer than directions say.......they should be thick, not soupy like most restaurants serve them. IT'S NOT CREAM O' WHEAT, PEOPLE!!!!!

Oh, and add a couple slices of cheese near the end of cooking.......Yummmmmm!!!!!!! ^_^

It is Thanksgiving. Calories and sugar don't count today, right?

Bacon, fried eggs and waffles with real maple syrup in the morning, with lots of coffee.

Potato chips with sour cream and onion dip mid afternoon, while taking a break from baking.

Roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, gluten-free gravy and rice two hours ago.

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream coming up in minutes.

Where are your veggies?????? <_<

Hi, Esamarie!!!! Jump right in.......the water's great! ;)

Hey, Bev........you gonna do any scuba diving????? I gots me own gear!..hint, hint

Sorry to say, I have not been fond of Thanksgiving, lately, as I have been stuck with all the cooking. (Remember how I hate cooking? :angry: )Me in-laws, for the past few years, have conveniently taken a vacation at this time, and the rest of the family scatters to the other side of their families.

Been missing Soozle, too. I don't think she liked Patteigh's and my diet tips :unsure: Hmmmm.........Souczie cutting sugar cold turkey...........scary thought :wacko: I don't think Fresno's ready for that :ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Open Original Shared Link

:lol::lol: . . . I was thinkin the same thing!!

elye Community Regular

'Mornin', Peeeeeps!

Leeeesargh, I just LOVE yer li'l penguin. Every time you post, I watch him, mesmerized......adorable.. .. ....

Must put up the heeelarryus pic that DH took yesterday just before he went for a run on the trails a short car ride from our place. The Ripper was going with him on his bike, so Will opened his car trunk and left it open whilst he went to get Jack's bike to throw in. The dogs were out by the car, waiting for the running adventure to begin.

When Will came out of the garage, there was Charles, sitting in the trunk. Waiting.

:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
there was Charles, sitting in the trunk. Waiting.

aaww :wub: :wub:

Did he get to go for a run?

jerseyangel Proficient
When Will came out of the garage, there was Charles, sitting in the trunk. Waiting.

OMG--that is the cutest thing! :D

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I do have a pink cow and she gives strawberry milk every day its cute.

How are all my other sillies today? Its been a hell of a day at work already and it is only 9:28....7 more hours to go!

psawyer Proficient
Do the two olives in my martini count? How about the pumpkins in the pie?

Good morning-after, everyone! We're off today, so we have time to unwind. :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

Do the two olives in my martini count? How about the pumpkins in the pie?

Good morning-after, everyone! We're off today, so we have time to unwind. :rolleyes:

HellOOO!?!? Potato chips AND onion dip!

flourgirl Apprentice

Yep, I see them, too! POTATO sheeps, ONION deeps, PUMPKIN peyes, (assumed OLIVESES)! Sounds like a Phoin Thankgiving Day, to me!

Love the mental pic. of Charles waiting oh, so patiently in the trunk!!! How cute!!!

I'm not so crazy about T'day anymore either. When my fam. was all younger we'd all get together at Mom and Dad's. When you count all of us, siblings, our chilluns, you could count on about 30 of us. Got to the point where Mom just could not deal with it all anymore....so everybody splintered into their own little family groups. Not a lot of phun with just Telehubby and me. Last year we invited a couple for dinner that we really didn't know, and it was all cut short because of work schedules. Some of us work on all of the holidays.....so they all seem to be the same as any other day. Guess I'm old enough it doesn't matter so much anymore.

OK, I'm done whiiiiniing in selph pittay!

Gorgeous day outside!!! Makes for a pretty good day inside, too! :D

curlyfries Contributor

Did you get a picture?

YYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The student I interpret for......alias, Jo.......has been absent for two days. :mellow:

I have read a book, done a typing lesson on the computer, done a Sunday crossword puzzle, Jumble and Cryptoquip. Next is the Sudoku.....HEAR THAT SOOZLE????? :P:lol:(She hates Sudoku) :rolleyes:

Lots of kiddos home sick. One school district decided to have fall break early.

elye Community Regular
aaww :wub::wub:

Did he get to go for a run?

Yep. . ..he is a magnificent runner. Elsie runs quite awkwardly, but much better than when we got her. She spent so much time in a TOO-SMALL CRATE in which she could NOT lie down properly, or stand fully, that her skeleton and posture have been forever affected.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

POeter's packin' away some phine vegetable matter...... . . :lol:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Catching up on a few pages, y'all are making me hungry! I have to wait another month for Thanksgiving and we're going to my inlaws--I'm wondering if maybe they'll let me do the cooking......I'll stop there ;)

PB is good with everything as is bacon with anything. 2 of my favorite foods-The bacon is a little difficult since I went vegetarian <_<

Nothing too psillie for me here. We are going to the beach this weekend with 13 of my craziest family members, there should be plenty of psilly there fo-sho!

I thought I read that Soozle was sick as well. Nik-olette, hope you're feeling better too!!

curlyfries Contributor

Sir Charles looks adorable, Em! You can feel his eagerness, the anticipation.........I am ready to go!!! What are we waiting for????

elye Community Regular

OMG, there's that adorable li'l penguin again. . . . .... . .. ...

SOooOOooOoooooooOooOoO kewt!!

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG, there's that adorable li'l penguin again. . . . .... . .. ...

SOooOOooOoooooooOooOoO kewt!!

Em--Charles' pic is adorable! He looks so happy to be a member of the family! :D
ranger Enthusiast

Poor little Elsie! Who could do that to a dog?

I used to love Thanxgivin, but not so much lately. We go to my MIL at 12:00, and then my daughter's at 5:00. Which means I'll have to make a gluten-free turkey dinner a couple of days before to take to both places and I'll be so sick of all that I'll barph! Oh, well, I guess it's the peeps, not the food.

Maybe I'll take potatoe chips, onion dip, and a two-olive martini!

Am at a lost. Am way too Patrishion for my "hood", but don't now how to be properly Hillbilly. How bout a beat up old carseat on my front porch? Or, is that TOO obvious? Come on, help me out here.

Where IS Soozle?

Sluezen.

curlyfries Contributor
Am at a lost. Am way too Patrishion for my "hood", but don't now how to be properly Hillbilly. How bout a beat up old carseat on my front porch? Or, is that TOO obvious? Come on, help me out here.

Not good enough. You need an old ratty sofa on yer front porch.......and maybe an old coonhound. And in the front yard you need an old rusted out Ford pickup truck....no tires......sittin on cinder blocks.

Patteigh!!!! Ya still got that port-a-potty???? :P

elye Community Regular
Am way too Patrishion for my "hood", but don't now how to be properly Hillbilly. How bout a beat up old carseat on my front porch? Or, is that TOO obvious? Come on, help me out here.

Knock out a couple of yer front teeth ... .... .. . start staring hungrily at yer brother. . . . . ....

Archived