This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

I feel so old! I have an appointment with a Podiatrist tomorrow. That just seems to me someone old people go to. I bruised my big toenail and it fell off after a long while. The new toenail isn't growing in right. Its like its trying to grow into my toe instead of over. I'm just falling apart!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks! It was my 4th of July dessert. Vegan cherry tart with fresh blueberries and vegan vanilla creme. It was amazing!

I'll bet it was! It has me jonesing fer dessert :rolleyes:

I feel so old! I have an appointment with a Podiatrist tomorrow.

OMG Karreighn....I know how you pheel. I just opened a bottle of Boylan's soda because I need to make myself belch :lol::ph34r::lol:B) Darn uncomfortable! (sorry, Jan-it)

WIH is up wif us ???? :angry:

Pseriously, hope all goes well at the appointment--I caught my toe on the shower door track several years ago, and the nail ultimately fell off. Luckily, it grew back without any problems.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I feel so old! I have an appointment with a Podiatrist tomorrow. That just seems to me someone old people go to. I bruised my big toenail and it fell off after a long while. The new toenail isn't growing in right. Its like its trying to grow into my toe instead of over. I'm just falling apart!

I saw a podiatrist for the first time when I was 19! Word of advice--shave yer legs!!! I thought it'd be some old, weird doctor who looks at nasty feet all day....Turns out, they are frequently sports medicine docs. The sporties have a lot of foot problems!! My guy was freakin' H*O*T!!!

kareng Grand Master

I saw a podiatrist for the first time when I was 19! Word of advice--shave yer legs!!! I thought it'd be some old, weird doctor who looks at nasty feet all day....Turns out, they are frequently sports medicine docs. The sporties have a lot of foot problems!! My guy was freakin' H*O*T!!!

Good thought! The website shows people running and says Sport Med.

mushroom Proficient

I am serving C-P-zio's. Mini pepperoni pizzas :D

Also:

Padme's pink salad (for the girls)

Vader Veggies wif Hutt-mus

Jar-Jar mix (trail mix)

Obi Wands-chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick

Chewbacca's chewies (no bakes)

Yoda Soda-complete wif dry ice!!

Love your menu, and so will the kids.

OMG Karreighn....I know how you pheel. I just opened a bottle of Boylan's soda because I need to make myself belch :lol::ph34r:

WIH? You heed HELP in belching???? Heck I can do it at the drop of a hat, or even wifout dropping it :P Can I do some for ya? :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

WIH? You heed HELP in belching???? Heck I can do it at the drop of a hat, or even wifout dropping it :P Can I do some for ya? :lol:

:lol: I wish you could!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Me too!! :lol: .... a can of coke is all it takes for me ;)

OHHHHhhh - I am slightly jealous of the podiatrist. I want one!!...and a chiropodist and a sports physio.

ALL manner of probs with my feet, and hips at the mo <_<

Damn, wish I'd done 'fast reply'. There was more to say.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Heck I can do it at the drop of a hat, or even wifout dropping it :P Can I do some for ya? :lol:

Me too!! :lol: .... a can of coke is all it takes for me ;)

Dear gawd... .. . . . . ..can you guys carry a tune whilst belching? I seem to recall some of the teenage guys from my youth taking great pride in their ability to burp out the National Anthem. .. .. ... . .

ANNNNND... . . . . . ...some time ago DD showed me a youtube clip of a bloke who farted Lady Gaga's "Poker Face".. . ........ . . . . . .'Twas something. . .. .. :lol:

Beeeeeooootiful foodstuffs, Rah-shyellle! :D

kareng Grand Master

The good news first: No one was hurt. 1st son was taking 2nd son to the big food pantry to help. As they were in the merging lane on the highway, the rear wheel flew off his truck and bounced across 5 lanes of traffic. Somehow missing many other cars. My son keep his cool, and pulled the truck back over and onto the shoulder. Thus, ruining the brake.b Very scary sitting in my van in front of the truck to wait for a tow. This was not a part of the highway with lovely grassy hills next to it. It was going over a creek so it was a concrete wall. Fortunately, Motorist Assist came and parked behind him with flashing lights and little orange cones.

I want to shake J and then hug him and then shake him a couple more times. He tookmthose wheels off 2 weeks ago. I'm worried they weren't on tight. He thinks if that was so, they would have fallen off before.

We have gone from having 4 working cars at home to 1 in a week! Hubs beloved Miata has a terminal illness but a friend with a car shop will need about a month to fix it. Hub is out of town so his car is at the airport. Now J's truck is at the shop and may be terminal.

It isn't the money....we can afford the fixes or another very used car for the kid, it's just the hassle. Now I have to take him around if he can't get a friend to take him - like at 6:15 am for football everyday!

Thanks for letting me vent. If you can think of something funny about the situation, please post it. I need a drink! Where is that box of wine? :huh:

Mtndog Collaborator

Leesa- That picture is HEElarious- random Storm Trooper sighting.

I'm Post - Sting. . .. . .. .....a beautiful concert, white hair mixed with mohawks and ponytails throughout the massive crowd.... . .Quelle Artiste!

Still SO jealous!

You don't think adding "blowing hard black pieces" should be added to the list of things I'm good at? :rolleyes:

Jess- I sense the Old Spice Guy in your future :lol:

Remember this?

The lady replied, "I'm not using it on my legs either. If you must know, I'm using it on my Schnauzer."

The pharmacist says, "Well stay off your bicycle for about a week."

I forgot about that one. :lol: x10

Kaherrine--I love R2D2 :D Saw the original Star Wars 3 times when it first came out in theaters. My SIL gave me a pewter R2D2 pendant that I still have.

How cute is that?

Rachelle- Pie and menu- BELLISIMA!!!!!!!!!!

Oohh...maybe I need some foot problems. Hmm...

ANNNNND... . . . . . ...some time ago DD showed me a youtube clip of a bloke who farted Lady Gaga's "Poker Face".. . ........ . . . . . .'Twas something. . .. .. :lol:

Now that I have to see. My dad (80 years old) LOVES Lady Gaga and uhm...does occasionally fart. OK so he farts a lot. And thinks it's funny.

I've missed you guys- been away too much this month but now I'm back to play :D

Jestgar Rising Star

As they were in the merging lane on the highway, the rear wheel flew off his truck and bounced across 5 lanes of traffic.

Thanks for letting me vent. If you can think of something funny about the situation, please post it. I need a drink! Where is that box of wine? :huh:

ummmm......you don't have to clean up the seats of all those cars that wheel went flying at?

kareng Grand Master

ummmm......you don't have to clean up the seats of all those cars that wheel went flying at?

Appreciate that thought.

Its very odd. Since he was merging onto the highway, he noticed there were no cars close and thought "it will be easy to merge.". The wheel then rolled into the concrete barrier between sides of the highway. And the tow truck guy got the wheel by going down the other direction and reaching over the barrier.

elye Community Regular

. As they were in the merging lane on the highway, the rear wheel flew off his truck and bounced across 5 lanes of traffic.

:o

Holy crap, Kherrighnne!

. .. . .You're all okay. . . . ... . ...this is what matters... ...but holeeeeeeee crap.....!!

I've missed you guys- been away too much this month but now I'm back to play :D

YAY! :) Bevel's back!

kareng Grand Master

:o

Holy crap, Kherrighnne!

. .. . . ...but holeeeeeeee crap.....!!

I believe that was Jess's point, also. :P

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol: :lol: :lol:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

The good news first: No one was hurt.

I need a drink! Where is that box of wine? :huh:

Thank God!! And the box of wine is in my fridge, git thee over here! ;)

Now that I have to see. My dad (80 years old) LOVES Lady Gaga and uhm...does occasionally fart. OK so he farts a lot. And thinks it's funny.

DS thinks it's super funny to hold his farts in, as tight as he can, then climbs up on hubby and lets it loose. You always know when he's gonna do it too cuz he's waddling across the room squeezing his butt cheeks together :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Karreighn--My gawd!! How very scary! Thankful that no one was hurt, but holy Toledo :o Yer son did good!

Bevvie!! Glad yer back--missed you :D

I shoulda did quotes--as usual phorgot most of what I wanted to say..... :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient

You always know when he's gonna do it too cuz he's waddling across the room squeezing his butt cheeks together :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

I shoulda did quotes--as usual phorgot most of what I wanted to say..... :unsure:

Well, Paghteigh... . . . . .....I know what WE all want to hear from you - - you've left us hanging:

Did you burp?

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, Paghteigh... . . . . .....I know what WE all want to hear from you - - you've left us hanging:

Did you burp?

:lol:

<snort> I'm happy to report that the soda came through :P

psawyer Proficient

<snort> I'm happy to report that the soda came through :P

I do hope that it came out the front. It could be messy coming out the back. :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient

I do hope that it came out the front. It could be messy coming out the back. :ph34r:

<snort> I said it came through, not went through :lol:

elye Community Regular

<snort> I said it came through, not went through :lol:

:lol: :lol: Must choose one's verbs carefully.. . . . . ...... . ..

Well, gang, we leave for the Toronto Island early Friday, and we'll be there to install our dad's beautiful plaque under his weeping mulbery tree. It will be something. THEN upon our arrival home, we head out to Thurso, Quebec to pick up our NEW PUP! :) Lots about to happen, a bittersweet time.. . .. . .... .

Goodness, sounds like a Sting song er sumphin'... . . . .. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, gang, we leave for the Toronto Island early Friday, and we'll be there to install our dad's beautiful plaque under his weeping mulbery tree. It will be something. THEN upon our arrival home, we head out to Thurso, Quebec to pick up our NEW PUP! :) Lots about to happen, a bittersweet time.. . .. . .... .

Bittersweet time for sure, Em :) Have saphe travels--I'll be thinking about you over the weekend.

kareng Grand Master

Went to the podiatrist. Not especially hunky but very nice. I will live and he doesn't have to amputate. May have to work on it a little more if it doesn't behave. Gave me ideas to keep this from happening again.

Buddy the truck will live for $440. Auto shop guy said he was really lucky he didn't damage it more. Should be out of car hospital today, just in time for 6 am football!

Archived