This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Pheel better, Nik! Hip pain ain't phun :( Could it be yer sciatic nerve?

Sounds like it might be the nerve. Shall I send thee my hot chiropractor?? ;)

I think I'm still hungover from the pure exhaustion that followed Max's party on Sunday. (and maybe a little from the Barn-Bash event we went to on Saturday night..... :P) We're having another party this Sunday for both kids' birthdays before we leave for Hawaii. I soooooooo need Hawaii!!! The party was a lot of fun, everyone seemed to have a great time. It was our anniversary too, so Jesse took me out to the #1 vegan restaurant in Portland. It was utterly PFAB!!! I want to eat there every day!! Less than 20$ total for 2 dinners, an appetizer, 1 large beer and 1 really large latte--can't beat that! I am at work now, relaxing :P Sad that I have to come to work to relax..... But I get paid much better than working my arse off at home! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

HEY!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

<-------------Guess who's here!!

His name is... . . . .. . ....

HANK! :lol:B):wub:

Jestgar Rising Star

HEY!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

kareng Grand Master

Yeah, Hank! Welcome to our psilly world!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Love him!! Congratulations!!

Mtndog Collaborator

HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

Hank!! :D:wub:

What a cutie-pie!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Well I got 2...........Thanks moderator Pattilaugh.gif

are you open for more questions?

Thanks Judy. We live in Kansas City. Before kids we lived in Sacramento & Wash, DC.

I'm packing a loaf of bread and will hit a grocery for cold cuts and fruit. Figured I would bring that to Catalina and anywhere else I might need food.

The boys want to go to a beach. One wants to try surfing. I'm going to check the internet & see what I can find. Are there any beach areas that have a boardwalk like Santa Cruz? Rides, games, junk food, stores full of cheap stuff?

Thanks

There is a gluten free bakery by my son's work. Will try to find out the name.

Whole food and Trader Joes on W coast are great places to find gluten-free meats.......like applegate etc.

don't know about the 'board walks'

Jim DH says you can probably surf at Seal beach or Hunington Beach

I know Venice Beach is a 'funky' place they might like, but keep them on a tight leashlaugh.gif

Have a great time

will copy your post and sent to him.

He lives around the Hollywood area and think the bakery.....ummmm...is in Studio City

HEY!!!! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

<-------------Guess who's here!!

HANK! laugh.gifcool.gifwub.gif

He's so handsome and the name fits him

So happy you have him esp. at this time.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

HANK!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

He is ADORABLE!!!... so pleased for you guys!!! :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Awwwwwwww . . . :wub: . . . welcome to the phamily, Ghainck!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Awwwwwwww . . . :wub: . . . welcome to the phamily, Ghainck!!!

Aw :rolleyes: ...Hanque's phirst psillie spelling!

elye Community Regular

Aw :rolleyes: ...Hanque's phirst psillie spelling!

:lol: :lol:

psawyer Proficient

There is some serious lack of participation here! I can't recall when we have ever gone more than 24 hours without a psilly post (except the time board was down for 2 days).

Where the H*** is everybody?

kareng Grand Master

I'm here just don't have anything funny or even interesting. Trying to get ready to go to Anaheim Tomorrow.

At this rate, I don't have to worry that I will miss much while I'm gone. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

I had a test yesterday, the play is over, I have a coffee blind date tomorrow, and I'm trying to figure out how to shampoo my rug before I leave for Spain. I need to hire someone to live in my house and wait for service people for me.

and I just watched double rainbow with the rest of the people in the lab. It was fun.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Too much drama at our house. . . it's been building for days as this day has gotten closer and closer . . . it's now all over.

Anybody here remember my topic on Smackl and his fear of needles/med procedures . . . way back when . . . years ago??? Today he had 4 (permanent) teeth pulled as required by the ortho. Smackl wouldn't let them use laughing gas . . . and he wouldn't let them put in an IV . . . this was without me in the room because apparently, kids usually do better when the parents aren't in there. They came and got me (it had been long enough that I thought they were actually done . . . I didn't realize that hadn't even started). The oral surgeon said he wouldn't do it and Smackl would have to go to the hospital and be put under a general anesthetic (which sounded even worse to Smackl) so I asked if they would try one more time with me in the room and he straightened right up and did just fine . . . OS was muttering they should have got me sooner.

Smackl is doing just fine and back on solid food . . . he wasn't allowed to have solid food until all of his numbness wore off.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jan-it, I'm glad the Smackster got through it ok--poor kid. I have a kid like that--scared to death of needles--they actually still make him pass out to this day.

I'm around....I'm always around :lol: Niether sillie or unsillie...just readin' along waitin' fer somebody to post :P ...still don't pheel real good though.

Phingers crossed--the house is under contract. Option period ends on Tuesday.

Mtndog Collaborator

Uncle ray intervention needed:

Walking into the bar, Mike said to Charlie the bartender, "Pour me a stiff one - just had another fight with the little woman."

"Oh yeah?" said Charlie, "And how did this one end?"

"When it was over," Mike replied, "She came to me on her hands and knees.

"Really," said Charles, "Now that's a switch! What did she say?"

She said, "Come out from under the bed, you little chicken."

jerseyangel Proficient

"Come out from under the bed, you little chicken."

:lol::lol::lol:

Good'un Uncle Ray!

I love how all the sillies are being present and accounted fer :D

Mtndog Collaborator

:lol::lol::lol:

Good'un Uncle Ray!

Tee hee....luckily he's on a roll tonight as my phunny is tired- I like this one better:

Flynn staggered home very late after another evening with his drinking buddy, Paddy.

He took off his shoes to avoid waking his wife, Mary.

He tiptoed as quietly as he could toward the stairs leading to their upstairs bedroom, but misjudged the bottom step.

As he caught himself by grabbing the banister, his body swung around and he landed heavily on his rump.

A whiskey bottle in each back pocket broke and made the landing especially painful.

Managing not to yell, Flynn sprung up, pulled down his pants, and looked in the hall mirror to see that his butt cheeks were cut and bleeding.

He managed to quietly find a full box of Band-Aids and began putting a Band-Aid as best he could on each place he saw blood.

He then hid the now almost empty Band-Aid box and shuffled and stumbled his way to bed.

In the morning, Flynn woke up with searing pain in both his head and butt and Mary staring at him from across the room.

She said, "You were drunk again last night weren't you?"

Flynn said, "Why you say such a mean thing?"

"Well," Mary said, "it could be the open front door, it could be the broken glass at the bottom of the stairs, it could be the drops of blood trailing through the house, it could be your bloodshot eyes, but mostly.....it's all those Band-Aids stuck on the hall mirror. :lol: :lol:

Gianknit :( on Smackl- poor little guy (and Mom!). Glad he's better now.

jerseyangel Proficient

it's all those Band-Aids stuck on the hall mirror. :lol: :lol:

I did not see that coming!!! :lol:

mushroom Proficient

"Come out from under the bed, you little chicken."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am present, but there's no accounting for me :ph34r::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Just picked up a voicemail from the school nurse. She wants me to call tomorrow to talk about . . . *tickled pink* . . . the new gluten free lunch program in the school district. I'll fill you in when I get more info.

Headed to my Dad's this weekend so you probably won't see me for a couple of days.

Em, how's Heynk doing?

psawyer Proficient

Well, I was offline for a while yesterday and today. I was engaged in an urgent project to help ensure my dentist could afford his next new BMW, :(

Sometime early last week I bit too hard on something, and developed a pain in the teef on my left side. By Thursday, it was getting bad, so I promised Jacquie that I would phone the dentist on Friday. By the time I called, they were closed early for the (in Ontario) long weekend. I called on Tuesday, things were tight, so could I come Wednesday (yesterday). Dr. B. is away this week, but his associate can see me.

So, I go in yesterday, and meet this associate for the phirst time. She looks carefully, takes a picture and a digital Xray, and says that she thinks the toof is cracked under the ancient amalgam philling. Won't know for sure until the old philling is removed. Don't have enough time today. We set up an appt for today expecting two hours.

Today I spent almost two hours in the chair, and now the amalgam philling is gone and replaced with a porcelain inlay. It was a big philling, and there was a major crack under it, so a big chunk of the toof got drilled away. While I was waiting for the machine to mill the inlay, I waited and read. It felt to my tongue that there was almost no toof left--just a shell around a big hole.

The freezing wore off hours ago. For the third time. The first was half-way into the drilling, and the second was when she went to install the inlay. Apparently, for me, it only lasts about 30 minutes. :o

So, we had tacos tonight, and I ground away on the left side with no troubles. :)

But I think I made the first payment on his next BMW and then some. $$$ :unsure:

elye Community Regular

OMG... .. . . . . . .... . I am now present and accounted for, but I haven't been around much as I have been..... . . . ......

PICKIN' UP PUPPY POOP! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Good news on Smackula.... . . .he needed his mom!

Jyessss has a blind date!... .. . ... .. . .ask him the Big Test Question: Would he pick up a yardful of puppy feces for you? :huh:

:rolleyes:

Archived