This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Tis phab--I was looking fer the two of you! :D

I just KNOW I saw Jyesss rockin' in the back. .. . . and that HAD to be Gnick right up front on air guitar. . .. .... B):lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

Tomorrow is the Celiac Sprue Associations vendors exhibit hall. Supposed to be lots of samples and things to buy. I plan to skip breakfast and sample away! Will report if I try anything special

Jestgar Rising Star

<insert multiple swear words>

Both the prof and the grad adviser said I should stay in the class. I am gonna be working my frickin @ss off. Not happy (but kinda excited about the challenge don't tell anyone what a nerd I am)

jerseyangel Proficient

<insert multiple swear words>

Both the prof and the grad adviser said I should stay in the class. I am gonna be working my frickin @ss off. Not happy (but kinda excited about the challenge don't tell anyone what a nerd I am)

:D :D :D But you're our nerd ....

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Met hubby 'cos I was dating his brother ph34r.gifwink.gif

Whoa! More scandalous that Patteh!!! :o:lol:

Did I tell yooz guys I went away the other weekend with two girls on a 'Fitness Fiesta'??

Twas a riot but SOOooo exhausting - am going again in March! (next time I'm going tee total)

This sounds phun! If I get me a passport, can I come too? Please, Please, Please?!?! :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Whoa! More scandalous that Patteh!!! :o:lol:

Yeah, Nik takes the cake :lol:

psawyer Proficient

Yeah, Nik takes the cake :lol:

I hope that cake is gluten-free. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Natch ;)

kareng Grand Master

Had a dream the other night that I was at a party. For some reason I thought the cake was gluten-free - might have thought it was for my b-day cake. Ate a piece, yum. Got a second piece and ate 1 bite and found it wasn't gluten-free! Woke me up, mad!

jerseyangel Proficient

Had a dream the other night that I was at a party. For some reason I thought the cake was gluten-free - might have thought it was for my b-day cake. Ate a piece, yum. Got a second piece and ate 1 bite and found it wasn't gluten-free! Woke me up, mad!

I had a dream like that once--I bit into a sandwich on a roll and didn't realize it was wheat until I swallowed it. It actually woke me up. It was so odd--like the whole thing happened in slow motion.

Thank goodness I normally don't remember my dreams....

Darn210 Enthusiast

Me grandmudder eloped wif me grandfodder whilst she was engaged to another guy . . . :o I, of course, didn't hear of this juicy tidbit till shortly before she passed away so I was unable to hound her for details . . . apparently it was a big family secret such that no one would ever say who she was engaged to.

I met me hubby through a mutual friend . . . but we didn't hit it off until I impressed him be being such a good sport. On a big camping/water skiing trip, someone was trying to break a piece of wood in two for the fire by swinging it as hard as they could against a tree. The piece that broke off hit me in the face . . . I don't actually remember getting hit or the few minutes following it . . . Had double black eyes that were almost swollen shut. I didn't leave even though the option was offered and just wore sunglasses the rest of the trip even at night. Probably should have gone to the hospital but didn't. You may not know this, but alcohol was involved.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

In other news I had me a root canal yesterday sad.gif ....would rather givE BIRTH methinks dry.gif

I think this got Bev'd! ..... I'm giving yooz another chance to show some sympathy!!! laugh.gif

'cos it hurt like hale!

I'm thinking this may be a young Yeti (maybe not the same one?). He is sleeping alot and playing video games with the boys. School was closed today because the teachers haven't had a day off in 2 weeks.

OMG!!! ...could it be.... is it possible?????

Our Yeti has a SON!!!!!!

This time we won't traumatise the li'l guy in any way.

Definitely NOT allowed in Jess's lab ph34r.gif

Wow! That's how you welcome people in your country?

Yup, ask Jess cool.gif

:D :D :D But you're our nerd ....

Hee!! ...our scientist.

This sounds phun! If I get me a passport, can I come too? Please, Please, Please?!?! :P

GET one toot sweet!!!!!!!....room for 1 more! biggrin.gif

Oh yes!!... I ♥ cake.... and I have never minded it being gluten-free, so long as it's cake wink.gif

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Part deux before i'm plunged into the abyss (again!)

Maybe I should have said I had actually broke up with the aforementioned brother before I courted Tel??....but I had decided I like him when dating his brother.

We was best friends - and gaaawd he made me larph!! (still does - he's a nutter rolleyes.gif)

Was that too much??...vomit worthy? unsure.gif

Tomorrow is the Celiac Sprue Associations vendors exhibit hall. Supposed to be lots of samples and things to buy. I plan to skip breakfast and sample away! Will report if I try anything special

Take a swag bag and BLAG as many phree samples as poss. Full report required aft.

I've had this dream and I'm not even a cOeliac!! laugh.gif

Probably should have gone to the hospital but didn't. You may not know this, but alcohol was involved.

laugh.gif

T'is the undoing of us all Gyiannet! rolleyes.gif

elye Community Regular

You may not know this, but alcohol was involved.

:huh:

<_<

:lol:

But ouch, Jyaghnuttt! Hope ya had a veritable liquor cabinet in yer system when THAT happened. .. .....

Take a swag bag and BLAG as many phree samples as poss. Full report required aft.

Gnick said BLAG :lol:

Root canal, Gnickkers. . . . . . .....gah, 'tis heinous. . . ... ...are you on some fabulous painkillers, then? ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

I think this got Bev'd! ..... I'm giving yooz another chance to show some sympathy!!! laugh.gif

'cos it hurt like hale!

Aw Nik--hope yer toof is pheeling better today :D

I actually meant to say sumphin bout yer toof, but had already copied yer quote twice to comment. :lol: Was thinkin' bout you, though ;)

Loey Rising Star

I met Mark whilst on a date wif another guy.....

I thought my first (deceased) husband couldn't stand me. He was assigned to train me at my job as a videotape editor at a TV Network. Turned out he was shy and had a crush on me. He asked for a ride home one night when we worked the 7-3 shift and we started dating right away. wub.gif

Wouldn't have met my current hubby wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif if I hadn't married my first. First husband's passing away was the reason for the alarm system (plus I never would have lived where I did if I wasn't with first hubby -it was midway between the Lincoln Tunnel and the GW Bridge and not a family oriented town). I always lived in communities with close knit families prior to that.

Going to the Haunted Motel tonight. Will tell you about it tomorrow. Plan on walking verrry slowly and NOT falling. Bruise a little better but still need to use my gluten-free make-up to cover it up. Witch Hazel seems to be helping the bruise a bit. Have errands to do today before going tonight.

Loey biggrin.gif

Bottom of face still looks like a zombie stick figure!

Loey Rising Star

Nik- also hope you're pfeeling better. I had to have 4 surgeries to replace receding gum lines (they used cadaver gums - boy did that ever give Clark a lot of material to freak me out). I chose to use the cadaver gums because I had heard the skin grafting hurt worse than the procedure. Anyway- sending you healing hugs!!!

Loey

P.S. problems with teeth and gums are yet another problem caused by Celiac that I wasn't aware of before this forum!!!!!

kareng Grand Master

Back from the Gluten Free Lalapalooza! Stuffed with free samples! Had to stop eating all the cookie, cake, muffin, opie, etc samples. Fortunately there were bread, pizza. BBQ sauce, Fried chicken, onion rings,chili soups, Bards beer, Woodchuck Hard cider, and Quesidilla samples to cut the sweet. :o

Mtndog Collaborator

I think this got Bev'd! ..... I'm giving yooz another chance to show some sympathy!!!

DID SOMEONE CALL ME? :D :D Hi all. Nikki- a root canal- OUCH! You have my sympathy.

Maybe I should have said I had actually broke up with the aforementioned brother before I courted Tel??....but I had decided I like him when dating his brother.

We was best friends - and gaaawd he made me larph!! (still does - he's a nutter

I have been reading along and loving all your stories of how you met hubbies! So funny! Jess- BE sounds like he's worth the risk. I am happy for you :wub: :wub:

I knew my hubbie since I was 16 (he was 13. His older brother Neil was one of my best friends. I cahperoned his high school band ski trip :ph34r: When I was 21-22 I dated Neil and thought Kurt was SO annoying- especially after he trapped me in a car for a 5 hour drive where all we listened to was Phish. The first known pic of the two of us is me (pretending) pouring Cascade on his spaghetti after that drive.

Then he dated my best friend and when she broke up with him, I gave a her a hard time and she said, "Why don't YOU date him?" I was like- EWWWW! No way!

Fast forward 2 years and 2 different coasts and I arrive in San Francisco, walk into his apartment and realized he was the guy I was supposed to marry. :wub:

Going to the Haunted Motel tonight.

Loey

Hi Loey- We haven't met yet. I've been reading along and wanted to say hello! I'm Beverly (Bev) and getting Bev'd means you got forgotten about :lol: :lol: <_<:(

A haunted Hotel? Can I come? I'd be so scared but totally intrigued. I'm all talk, no action.

Happy Halloween weekend all (eat more chocolate!). Love to all, B

Loey Rising Star

Back from the Gluten Free Lalapalooza! Stuffed with free samples! Had to stop eating all the cookie, cake, muffin, opie, etc samples. Fortunately there were bread, pizza. BBQ sauce, Fried chicken, onion rings,chili soups, Bards beer, Woodchuck Hard cider, and Quesidilla samples to cut the sweet. :o

Hello Dear Karraaaaang,

Where was it? As I'm sill slowly reintroducing food into my diet it probably would have been frustrating for me to be at a gluten-free Lalapalooza so I'm living through you vicariously. Time to shower, spend 20 minutes covering the bruises (a little better every day) before doing errands and haunted motel date with hubby, and let's not forget laundry.

Loey

P.S. Still plan on "rectifying" tonight. I think I need to find a word that's more Halloweenish. Also hope he stays awake. The stress of his new job and getting up early makes him tired really early. Perhaps immediately after the haunted house!!!!!!!!

kareng Grand Master

Hello Dear Karraaaaang,

Where was it? As I'm sill slowly reintroducing food into my diet it probably would have been frustrating for me to be at a gluten-free Lalapalooza so I'm living through you vicariously. Time to shower, spend 20 minutes covering the bruises (a little better every day) before doing errands and haunted motel date with hubby, and let's not forget laundry.

Loey

P.S. Still plan on "rectifying" tonight. I think I need to find a word that's more Halloweenish. Also hope he stays awake. The stress of his new job and getting up early makes him tired really early. Perhaps immediately after the haunted house!!!!!!!!

Was at the National Celiac Sprue (hate that word) Association Conference in Kansas City.

Instead of rectifying:

Unwrap the mummy

Ride the broomstick

Soothe the ghost

Share your candy

Darn210 Enthusiast

Instead of rectifying:

Unwrap the mummy

Ride the broomstick

Soothe the ghost

Share your candy

:lol::lol::lol:

Those are all great!! . . . but ride the broomstick is the clear winner.

kareng Grand Master

Was at the National Celiac Sprue (hate that word) Association Conference in Kansas City.

Instead of rectifying:

Unwrap the mummy

Ride the broomstick

Soothe the ghost

Share your candy

Rattle some bones ( or a bone :ph34r:)

Trick or Treat? Both are good choices!

Loey Rising Star

Witch Hazel works really well for bruises.

Giving you extra plusses because it is really helping (though I have a looooong way to go). Finally emailed my girlfriends who are visiting to tell them about it (they're use to my "klutziness" - before I knew about Ataxia) but I doubt it will be gone by Wednesday when they arrive. I'm so excited to have someone from my old home visiting!!!

Loey biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Loey Rising Star

DID SOMEONE CALL ME? :D :D Hi all. Nikki- a root canal- OUCH! You have my sympathy.

I have been reading along and loving all your stories of how you met hubbies! So funny! Jess- BE sounds like he's worth the risk. I am happy for you :wub: :wub:

I knew my hubbie since I was 16 (he was 13. His older brother Neil was one of my best friends. I cahperoned his high school band ski trip :ph34r: When I was 21-22 I dated Neil and thought Kurt was SO annoying- especially after he trapped me in a car for a 5 hour drive where all we listened to was Phish. The first known pic of the two of us is me (pretending) pouring Cascade on his spaghetti after that drive.

Then he dated my best friend and when she broke up with him, I gave a her a hard time and she said, "Why don't YOU date him?" I was like- EWWWW! No way!

Fast forward 2 years and 2 different coasts and I arrive in San Francisco, walk into his apartment and realized he was the guy I was supposed to marry. :wub:

Hi Loey- We haven't met yet. I've been reading along and wanted to say hello! I'm Beverly (Bev) and getting Bev'd means you got forgotten about :lol: :lol: <_<:(

A haunted Hotel? Can I come? I'd be so scared but totally intrigued. I'm all talk, no action.

Happy Halloween weekend all (eat more chocolate!). Love to all, B

Nice to meet you, too Bev!. I love this forum and particularly this thread!!!

I'm looking forward to the Haunted Motel. The story was that in the 1600's two ships crashed into each other and no one survived. The captain of one of the ships lives in the Shady Motel (called the Bates Haunted Motel). As I mentioned a few days ago on this thread we went to the Night of Terror at the Philadelphia Penitentiary last year and it was pretty creepy. I was talking back to the goblins after a while and even grabbed one of their hands (I'm somewhat ballsy). Most of them were in cells but a lot weren't. I would be surprised if tonight was as scary.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is covering my bruised face. My girlfriend suggest I use Halloween make-up and duplicate it on the other side but that's not gluten-free. I also think it would look funny at Walmart.

Then I plan on treating Superman right (or rectifying as Jess put it)!!!! That's if we can stay awake.

Loey wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Archived