This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Yeah--me either.... <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

I just have to say...

This is something up with which I will not put!

:huh::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
I just have to say...

:huh::lol:

:lol::lol:

Way to put your favorite saying to use!!

Jestgar, a most excellent scientific avatar.

Patti, I also love this time of year. I'm just in a happy mood. :)

.....not even the alarmingly bright GREEN in large doese is going to get me down. :lol::lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I'll send some snow flakes your way :)

TriticusToxicum Explorer
How do you stuff a quinoa????? :huh:

Do you REALLY want to know? I tried explainingit to SusieQ (Q does not stand for Queen of all things Quinoa), and if my memory serves me, the various flow charts and power point presentations outlining the 145 simple steps (several of which involve consuming alcohol) resulted in befuddlement and poo-pooing (not to be confused with poo-ooping :o ) So I ask you again, do you REALLY WANT TO KNOW?? :huh::o

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, hello there Richard! :D

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Richard! nice to see you today.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:unsure:

WTH?????????????????????

OMG OMG OMG

is it true????????? are we the very pulse and epicenter of this entire site???????????????? Janet wishes for simply a green emoticon, our Celiac National Drink is the green faerie, Emily's dad is green, and what else was of the verdant hue?????????????????????????????????????

oh SURELY this is a portent of.........things to come...........not sure what.................. :unsure:

I have to say, susie DOES like it.......I think from an aesthetic perspective, it looks MUCH better..........our enfeebled brains will just HAVE to get used to it............ but yeah, everything's all crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly Bev - love your insomniatic prose......... :lol:

Perhaps, my fair subjects, we hold more power than we have realized. Can we actually alter the very forum screen with our content?! Let's start talking about red things. Hmmm...blood...tomatoes....fire hydrants...gad..how about blue? Take it away, someone!...

oh yeah, lest I forget, the other green thing was BUGARS/BOOGERS............... :lol:

:o

.....well then, in light of our miraculous power and influence here, for what SHALL we wish?????????????????????? Of what shall we speak???????? What does each of us truly want, in his or her heart, and also, collectively, as a gaggle of sillies?????????????????????????????????

Okay, I"ll start:

I want a single, really hot, erudite, altruistic, yummy-smelling and manly VETERINARIAN, with a cabin at elevation, near a lake or stream.

:rolleyes: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm goign to write to Ellen Degeneres and see if she can do a national search for the girls and me.

Ah,....he's over at mine....sharing slow cooker tips and recipes (hubby bought one half price - what a coup!)

We (hubby, me, yeti) are just going through the info booklet now.

Good luck with the 700 gene thingy..wotsits

:lol: she said wotsits

Nikki - - phew. Glad Yeti is safely tucked over there with you and your'n. Does he sleep in the cupboard under the stairs, with those nice people in there?

Oh YES, yes you will, and you will LEARN TO LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay strong and rally for the sillies,

WE MUST ALL BE STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you REALLY want to know? I tried explainingit to SusieQ (Q does not stand for Queen of all things Quinoa), and if my memory serves me, the various flow charts and power point presentations outlining the 145 simple steps (several of which involve consuming alcohol) resulted in befuddlement and poo-pooing (not to be confused with poo-ooping ) So I ask you again, do you REALLY WANT TO KNOW??

RICHARD - - POST THE RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!! don't make me go back and look for it.......................

Ridgewalker Contributor

OMG!

I took Ezra back to the doc again, and now she thinks he has reflux. Ok, I was waiting for that one, no big surprise. The surprise came when I was at the pharmacy to pick up his Zantac, and the children's syrup is $200 per month. :(

I HATE DRUG COMPANIES!!!!!

You can get adult Zantac at Walmart for $4 per month's supply!!! And by the way, the adult version is 10x the mg!

I am so pissed right now. And kind of want to barf.

I don't know what to hope for- that it helps him and he finally stops coughing...

Or that it doesn't help him, because I CANNOT afford it anyway.

Ugh.

elye Community Regular
.....well then, in light of our miraculous power and influence here, for what SHALL we wish?????????????????????? Of what shall we speak????????

EXCELLENT preposition placement, Susie!! :):):)

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh jeeze Sarah--that's absolutely ridiculas....they shouldn't be allowed to jack the price like that :angry:

Is there any way you could give him a 1/10 dose of the adult med? I don't know--just thinking out loud. I don't even know if it comes in a liquid.

The least they could have done is give you a sample to see if it's gonna help him before you fill the Rx.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I don't know what to hope for- that it helps him and he finally stops coughing...

Or that it doesn't help him, because I CANNOT afford it anyway.

Ugh.

:( Can you get teh adult version, and water it down severely? Would your doctor consider writing a prescription for that and instructing you on how to dilute or reduce it?

(um, this coming from a grown woman with no children :huh: )

DingoGirl Enthusiast

EXCELLENT preposition placement, Susie!! :):):)

Why thank you. ;)

Um, ahem, in case you didn't know, and I'm sure you did not, about 60 of the units in my worthless Liberal Studies major are in English/foreign languages/linguistics/journalism...I think my minor is Romance Languages. :blink:

And for WHAT, I ask you??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :lol: SO I can type parole reports in my pee-jays, but more importantly - -

WRITE TO MY SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Ridgewalker Contributor

About, breaking up and adult dose, I'm not sure yet. When I talked to the pharmacist about it, she said that the children's zantac was the only medication of it's type that comes in a syrup. I don't think breaking a tablet into that many pieces would work. Even if I could do it, they wouldn't be uniform size.

Now, I do think I could break one into 1/4s. So if it does work well for him, maybe we can find an adult tablet that is small enough mg's to break into 1/4s.

For now, I just had them give me a 1 week supply to see how it goes.

sigh... Thank you guys SO MUCH for letting me vent.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
.....well then, in light of our miraculous power and influence here, for what SHALL we wish?????????????????????? Of what shall we speak???????? What does each of us truly want, in his or her heart, and also, collectively, as a gaggle of sillies?????????????????????????????????

Ugg boots for the yeti.... (he's complaining :rolleyes: )

:lol: she said wotsits

Whatnots + whatjimacallits

Nikki - - phew. Glad Yeti is safely tucked over there with you and your'n. Does he sleep in the cupboard under the stairs, with those nice people in there?

Indeed he does....it is a tight squeeze though (have to shoe horn him in)....perhaps there'll be more room once the christmas tree comes out....but yeah....getting on famously with the little people :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Now, I do think I could break one into 1/4s. So if it does work well for him, maybe we can find an adult tablet that is small enough mg's to break into 1/4s.

One of my sons used to have to have a drug that only come in (really small) adult tablet form.

I used to crush the whole tab - add water to it - then split it into four - just a thought but he's only a wee thing so probably not practical <_<

Ridgewalker Contributor
One of my sons used to have to have a drug that only come in (really small) adult tablet form.

I used to crush the whole tab - add water to it - then split it into four - just a thought but he's only a wee thing so probably not practical <_<

There's a possibility. May not be the most practical, but it's more feasible than $200 a month right now!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Susie, I have to ask . . . what were you trying to sell in your latest (rejected ebay pic) avatar? I see no signs of any merchandise what-so-evah.

I have to tell you all . . . I have been enjoying the drama that has unfolded because of the changes. It's starting to slow down now . . . somebody needs to go poke that owie!

elye Community Regular
Indeed he does....it is a tight squeeze though (have to shoe horn him in)....perhaps there'll be more room once the christmas tree comes out....but yeah....getting on famously with the little people :D

Ah! I smells a job for the CLOSET ORGANIZER CONSULTANT LADY! I'm certain there is none of this shoe horning business going on in HER closets. :o Nikki, Patti can give you her contact particulars, but be certain to mention when you call her that there is a massive, apocryphal beast in seashells that will need placement. Always best to warn individuals of our yeti ahead of time, I've found. I'm sure, if she's a true professional, she will see it as a healthy challenge...!

:lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
somebody needs to go poke that owie!

:lol: Poke the WHAT??????? :unsure: ....is that like pulling yer finger out????????????

Emily said 'Apocrphal'......no idea what it means BUT it sounds good AND i'm pretty sure it pertains to 'yeti' and 'yeti like' creatures.

...and I would LOVE Patti's closet lady !!!!!! :lol:

elye Community Regular

...I think you need to bring her sandwiches...

Jestgar Rising Star

ya know, here in Seattle "closet" lady means something entirely different...

Ridgewalker Contributor
ya know, here in Seattle "closet" lady means something entirely different...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey you guys... You need to go read the latest message on the toaster thread.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
...I think you need to bring her sandwiches...

Got them....got real sarnies (with.....,. :unsure: schhh!!! gluten)

Darn210 Enthusiast
:lol: Poke the WHAT??????? :unsure: ....is that like pulling yer finger out????????????

Poke the Owie is a phrase I got off of another thread. I like it so I'm keepin' it. It means that everys so often you have to see if something (like an owie) still feels bad so you need to test it (say by poking).

Sarah knows 'cause she posted on that thread . . . but I believe she's posted on just about every thread. (Have you noticed, she's getting reeaaaalllllly close to 501!)

Now I have to ask, is pulling yer finger out the Brittish version of pull my finger? :huh::lol:

Archived