This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

happygirl Collaborator

BEV----I LOVE IT! Too funny!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
ummm, maybe I didn't read carefully enough ;) , but where's the yeti in that?

:lol: sneaky reference to another thread!

Seems generic is in a different trial - one w/ 5 groups?

So it's not enough for our Yeti to Lead our parade through blizzards, stay at our homes and repeatedly have Emily measure his inseam - now we must include him in our EVery POST??

(I DID think I saw the 1992 Ottawa Blues Festival's Official Program showed a tall hairy fellow on bass for one of Dylan's opening acts. Must've been Bob's mumbling that led to him being misidentified as 'eddie')

tom Contributor
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom, all I can say is that your versing (n. sing.: written verse, particularly for musical scores) makes every bit as much sense as Dylan's did, or ever has.

:lol:

Heehee I've got the sheet music in front of me and it actually follows the structure & cadence pretty well <Ed Grimley voice> "I must sayyyy" :o<_<

elye Community Regular

Heehee I've got the sheet music in front of me and it actually follows the structure & cadence pretty well <Ed Grimley voice> "I must sayyyy" :o<_<

Well, hey, hey, now!.....check out MY cadence, stress and metre in my chorus...I'm figgering it's not too off, considering I didn't have the sheet music in front of me (just singin' it in my head).... :lol::lol:

I KNOW TO WHOM YOU'RE REFERRING!! That's the very Bluesfest I was at, 1992, and the Tibetan diplomat that was part of our entourage kept saying, (in very poor English, I must admit), "That big hairy man on big guitar...he look like mountain creature from my country"....over and over. I just kept correcting his grammar and shushing him. It all makes perfect sense, now....

:rolleyes::D

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Tom-nope only 10 pages and the end to my reign. I was married during my reign as Queen and my King needs some attention so I must past my crown to the next lucky Queen or maybe a King! A first for Sillyville!

Mtndog Collaborator

Ok- just lost my whole post- AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yeti is coming to me for the weekend? Excellent- my niece turns 2 on Sunday and BOY will she be surprised when she sees him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridgewalker Contributor

Ok, I fell asleep ridiculously early tonight, and now I'm up at 2am and can't sleep. :rolleyes: And noooobody's here! *sigh*

Guess I'll do some laundry... maybe make cupcakes... I'm a little wired from my back pills. All that puking and diarrhea last week made my back flare up. <_< Vicodin makes everyone in the world sleepy- except me. It makes me bounce off the walls. I am so backward.

Amanda, yes the Queen's consort must not be neglected! How is he feeling, by the way? Pneumonia resolved, I hope?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
The yeti is coming to me for the weekend? Excellent- my niece turns 2 on Sunday and BOY will she be surprised when she sees him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, I wonder if he knows how to do face painting and make balloon animals?

jerseyangel Proficient
Tom-nope only 10 pages and the end to my reign. I was married during my reign as Queen and my King needs some attention so I must past my crown to the next lucky Queen or maybe a King! A first for Sillyville!

Is your king feeling better? This warm-one-day-cold-the-next weather can't be helping very much :angry:

Well--perfect timing, then! :D Yes, most excellent when you show up with the Yeti--I'll send him with a nice, respectable outfit for the kids....Mark won't miss it, believe me, and it will be much more suitable than the shell bikini ;):lol:

Ok, I fell asleep ridiculously early tonight, and now I'm up at 2am and can't sleep.

I hate when that happens--so, did you get a lot done? :P

Ridgewalker Contributor
I hate when that happens--so, did you get a lot done? :P

Yes I did!!! :lol: The kids and hubby were out of the way... Makes me wish I didn't need to sleep!

elye Community Regular

Mornin' all!

There was an unveiling of sorts up here, and I think I know where our yeti was when he went unaccounted for last week. Looks like he was out west doing some modelling....

Open Original Shared Link

Gee, I guess it didn't take them much time to rip the shell bikini off him and get him into snowmobile boots and a tuque... :lol:

elye Community Regular

Hey, I just noticed something...Is that a tattoo on our yeti's arm?! A tatto of an inukshuk?....mygawd, what have they done to him?...

Actually the king is slowly starting to feel better, he went back to work last week. One good thing about the pneumonia..John has quit smoking, and this coming Friday will be 3 weeks!!!!

This warm-cold day is annoying. It's going to be December, let it just get cold so we can get used to it.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Mornin' all!

There was an unveiling of sorts up here, and I think I know where our yeti was when he went unaccounted for last week. Looks like he was out west doing some modelling....

Open Original Shared Link

Gee, I guess it didn't take them much time to rip the shell bikini off him and get him into snowmobile boots and a tuque... :lol:

Well, it's nice to know he's got a payin' gig once he's done painting everyone's ceilings and working a few birthday parties.

BTW - I think they must have done some retouching on the photo shoot. Don't you think he looks younger and slimmer?

jerseyangel Proficient
One good thing about the pneumonia..John has quit smoking, and this coming Friday will be 3 weeks!!!!

Wow--that part is good news! :D

How's the Yeti holding up?

jerseyangel Proficient
How's the Yeti holding up?

He likes the cold--all that fur :P

I think he's getting bored, I have him helping me hang pictures. It'll be fun for him at Bev's niece's birthday party--much more excitement.

elye Community Regular
Well, it's nice to know he's got a payin' gig once he's done painting everyone's ceilings and working a few birthday parties.

BTW - I think they must have done some retouching on the photo shoot. Don't you think he looks younger and slimmer?

I do think so. In fact, they've really stylized him to look like some cute stuffed animal--it's no longer the yeti we know and love. They've absolutely added some hair extensions and air-brushed some fat away.

jerseyangel Proficient
I do think so. In fact, they've really stylized him to look like some cute stuffed animal--it's no longer the yeti we know and love. They've absolutely added some hair extensions and air-brushed some fat away.

Yeah, really....a Yeti with cheekbones and pecs :o

I agree a party will be fun for the yeti. I wonder if they will have a pinatta there....he can hold it!

tom Contributor
I KNOW TO WHOM YOU'RE REFERRING!! That's the very Bluesfest I was at, 1992, and the Tibetan diplomat that was part of our entourage kept saying, (in very poor English, I must admit), "That big hairy man on big guitar...he look like mountain creature from my country"....over and over. I just kept correcting his grammar and shushing him. It all makes perfect sense, now....

:rolleyes::D

ROFL :lol: :lol:

"like mountain creature from my country"!! LOL I hear it in Latka's voice, from Taxi. :lol:

Not that I enjoy the dreaded combo of correcting people & the accompanying void of dates, but that's not entirely true. <_<

Did King Richard make a wrong turn during a parade? :o

Goodness I hope he hasn't been abducted!! Any unopened mail at the Royal Palace? Perhaps something w/ the address 'written' in meticulously-snipped letters from assorted magazines? (Speaking of which - I think my December copy of Yeti Fancy must have gone to the Phx apt. Grrrrr :angry: )

Would the Queen please have a trusted subject or two go look for a possible ransom note?

Regardless, even if I'm blessed w/ the 1st post of p.400, I'll never be King. Lord was suggested ~p.299, but Prince, or some unpronounceable symbol would also be acceptable. (Overlay these into one?

JoyfulM Rookie

I am soooo confused... :huh:

In 1992 I was listening to "Wee Sing Bible Songs."

I saw my dermatologist yesterday. She is no longer my dermatologist.

To quote my mom, "The woman at the front desk knew more than she did."

She never did the blood test for Celiac...just the biopsy. WTH!?! :o:blink:

Now I have to get that test done. If it turns out that I do not have DH, then I'm back at square one with annoying breakouts on my arms and legs. :angry:

we can almost consider Richard MIA....either that or he is working....A country unheard of!

Ridgewalker Contributor
She never did the blood test for Celiac...just the biopsy. WTH!?! :o:blink:

Now I have to get that test done. If it turns out that I do not have DH, then I'm back at square one with annoying breakouts on my arms and legs. :angry:

What were the results of the biopsy?

nikki-uk Enthusiast
She never did the blood test for Celiac...just the biopsy. WTH!?!

Skin biopsy??? (as opposed to small bowel biopsy)

Plus (I'm sure you know) but if you've been gluten-free for any length of time it will skew any bloods testing for celiac disease <_<

Archived