This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular
So, MJ is on Emily's butt. We have to see this. Wait, it is too late, it is now the whole Jackson Five. This thing is expanding out of control. Is that "Open Original Shared Link" that I hear? But, then, where is "there?"

Yep. They'll be there, all right. On my arse! :o:o

I need a new avatar. Hmm, let's try this one. :ph34r:

GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
So, MJ is on Emily's butt.

So that's where he's been all these years... :lol:

Are his peculiarly veiled/draped children near by, on the other cheek perhaps?

Susie, David?

elye Community Regular
New avatar!!!!

I hate to be left out

STOP IT!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

OMG, Annie has taken over the Silly thread :lol::lol:

~alex~ Explorer

Sillies -- I'm SO glad I have a funny place to come when the real world is not being very funny at all. Emily, MJ on your but has given me my first much needed laugh of th evening.

My dad got in a VERY MINOR car accident. Pretty much a fender bender but he fractured his wrist and needed me to pick him up at the hospital. He told me he was totally fine and it was not big deal but I practically hyperventilated the whole way to the hospital and felt like crying when I saw him. It freaked me out so much and I'm still really upset about it. I don't know why I'm being such a spaz about it -- people get in fender benders all the time. I feel like I'm going to be worrying about him all the time now. Arg! :(<_<

And for my fellow Celiac diabetics, is your blood sugar a bugger to control tightly when your worried and stressed? I'm all over the place tonight.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG, Annie has taken over the Silly thread :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wee little cartoon-faced weasel is everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you guys are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<400 calories - why am I not getting thinner?>

OMG :lol: quite a laugh when I logged on. I told Annie, she doesn't seem to be getting the humoUr of it.....

back to cleaning the closet. mygawd, I can see the FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

BTW the problem w/ cleaning the closet, I have discovered, is that it's just too quiet and lonely. No radio, no TV, no tunes (stereo sounds a bit muffled in there...). One is left with one's Dingo Thoughts. not good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
My dad got in a VERY MINOR car accident. Pretty much a fender bender but he fractured his wrist and needed me to pick him up at the hospital. He told me he was totally fine and it was not big deal but I practically hyperventilated the whole way to the hospital and felt like crying when I saw him. It freaked me out so much and I'm still really upset about it. I don't know why I'm being such a spaz about it -- people get in fender benders all the time. I feel like I'm going to be worrying about him all the time now. Arg! :(<_<

oh Alex! I am so glad you were there for your dad, and I can understand why you'd be out of your mind with worry. Thank God he is okay....... :) I can't help you w/ the diabetes, but my mom is diabetic (celiac in denial) and if she gets too stressed, things can get out of whack, I think.

take good care of yourself and your wonderful dad. :) And try not to worry TOO much over everything, it just doesn't change any circumstance, at all, and only makes the worrier sick.

Even Jesus said - worrying will not add one cubit to your life span......... 'tis true.

HUGS.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
My dad got in a VERY MINOR car accident.

I am so sorry Alex :(

I am glad your Dad is ok though and escaped with only minor injuries, thank God

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG -

I cleaned my closet.

:rolleyes:

I know, doesn't sound like much, but I have a serious focusing problem, and I stayed trapped in there for nearly two hours (with breaks), and now it's DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

see, this is why NO ONE should be spying on me, because he would see how PITIFUL I truly am.

:ph34r:

:lol:

Emily, what's yer arse lookin' like now? Who's there?

Peter - my gawd - - your store and its efforts almost sound.......Sisyphean. I pray for THRONGS of people needing pet food, and no more shoveling of snow. :)

tom Contributor
David. :ph34r:

I can't tell you but.....we're going out next week.

Oh gawwwwwwwd the lunacy . ...

After days of lonely laments - lonely Lentan laments even - including earlier today if I'm not mistaken?? :wacko:

New nickname! The Girl Who Cried Squats w/ Dateless?

Alex - phew! Glad Dad's ok!

elye Community Regular
And for my fellow Celiac diabetics, is your blood sugar a bugger to control tightly when your worried and stressed? I'm all over the place tonight.

Alex!! :(

How frightening for you and your dad. I'm so glad it was minor, and that all will be okay. My blood sugars are affected by stress, no question, and it seems to get more pronounced the older I get. When you experience stress, of course, there is a surge of adrenaline and cortisol, and along with all the other hormones we produce, they "eat up" our insulin quite suddenly, causing blood sugars to rise abruptly. Quick story:

A couple of years ago, at about nine o'clock at night, I had my bedtime snack and tested. It was 5.2. Started putting the kids to bed, and the phone rang. It as my sister. My dad had had a massive heart attack, and was on his way to emergency. I raced around, getting dressed, collecting my purse. I thought that I'd test again, even though it had only been a half-hour since the last test, so I'd know how much food to bring along. Well, it was 19.5!! In thirty minutes. Showed me how much your body physically changes with fight-or-flight measures deployed...

So, I take extra insulin if I'm going through a stressful situation. But then I really watch myself, and test constantly. Ahhhh, the life of a type one... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Even Jesus said - worrying will not add one cubit to your life span......... 'tis true.

Jesus really said that? Whoa...I thought a cubit was a metric area measurement or something. Did Jesus use the metric system? He was a carpenter, true, so he would be measuring widths and angles....in centimetres? <_<:rolleyes:

Morning, Sillies!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Everyone,

I had to take a break from the board for a bit, my work was piling up on my desk and hubby was home sick the last three days with a stomach bug. I'll tell you he has not been well since we got married. He has come back to work today but he says he does not feel that great yet.

We also had some bad storms rip through last night so I was not on the computer at all.

The weather down south is horrible, my heart goes out to all those people, besides Momma Goose, any other sillies live down that direction?

jerseyangel Proficient
My dad got in a VERY MINOR car accident.

Oh Alex--Thank goodness he is ok! :) Hope you're feeling calmer this morning.

OMG -

I cleaned my closet.

:rolleyes:

I know, doesn't sound like much

:lol:

It sure does! I know how satisfying it is when I finally finish a big project that I'd been dreading. It's quite an accomplishment :D

Green12 Enthusiast

psssst! Richard is on the board........

dlp252 Apprentice

Uggg, I haven't seen the bottom of my spare room closet in YEARS! :lol: I MUST clean it in the next week though...appraiser coming out... YIKES!! :o

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh gawwwwwwwd the lunacy . ...

After days of lonely laments - lonely Lentan laments even - including earlier today if I'm not mistaken?? :wacko:

Lonely Lenten Laments!!!!!!!!!!! another song by.....I forgot which of our bands....... Phecal Phats?

It IS always possible to get dates. Whether they're good, worthy, interesting - that is another story, as we all know. ;)

Date must know these words - a bit of a test, from now on:

Lascivious

Squalid

Erudite

denoument

sycophantic

Phecal Phat

....and many more. :lol:

Jesus really said that? Whoa...I thought a cubit was a metric area measurement or something. Did Jesus use the metric system? He was a carpenter, true, so he would be measuring widths and angles....in centimetres? <_<:rolleyes:

Morning, Sillies!!

:lol: you silly. 'Tis now translated to say cubit, don't know what the original measurement was........but he really did say it - and I remember the first time reading it, in high school or college - it quite struck me - how worry doesn't change the outcome of anything.......

I'm not much of a worrier. Just worry that I"ll be old, impecunious, and alone. :lol:

OMG - Emily your dad had a massive heart attack? I am SO glad he's okay and you've had more years of silliness with him. :)

psssst! Richard is on the board........

<_< soooooooo fleeting.......here and then.....gone....just like that. BAH!

MORNING SILLIES!!!!!!! Amanda - don't work too hard.....and poor John, sick again. :(

You know - I bet our Nicola has found herself in a forumless abyss again........horrors!

dlp252 Apprentice

I see Richard again...okay cultesses...who let Richard escape?!

Jestgar Rising Star
Jesus really said that? Whoa...I thought a cubit was a metric area measurement or something.

No. A cubit is what you get put into when you work at a cheap office. So actually, you don't want cubits added to your life and since worrying won't add them, I guess that means worrying is a good thing.

Jestgar Rising Star

and is he going to show us his new amy winehouseesque avatar?

Mango04 Enthusiast

omg. i see him too :o

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Lascivious

Squalid

Erudite

denoument

sycophantic

Phecal Phat

....and many more. :lol:

Also Trifecta, Sisyphean and Menses :lol:

<_< soooooooo fleeting.......here and then.....gone....just like that. BAH!

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!I see him too!!!!!!!!

I suspect the beehive takes up alot of his time

You know - I bet our Nicola has found herself in a forumless abyss again........horrors!

<shudder>....no, but I did have trouble with c.com taking FOREVER to upload this morning - gave up in the end but it seems ok now

Got nothing...am acursed with the dreaded PMS.......I have lost my funny :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I see Richard too!!!!

RICHARD WE MISSED YOU!!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
<shudder>....no, but I did have trouble with c.com taking FOREVER to upload this morning - gave up in the end but it seems ok now

no, no, even menses could NOT ruin your silly!!!!!!!!!!! Just a temporary wave of crankiness. More chocolate is necessary to fix this.

OMG - I am goign to start doing my eye shadow just like Amy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, THAT is the answer my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will change everything. :D So sub-til.

Richard - OMG - he must have - 200 pages to read? :huh: Sisyphean, to be sure!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

I've missed you all as well. My how time flies...I can't begin to catch up on the silli-bidness that I've missed, but I'm glad to see you've kept the lights on.

I actually logged on today for "official business" :o

To make a long story short, the last two minths (and counting) have been an absolute roller coaster for me and my family...My younger sister has slipped into a deep depression and we are all very worried for her. She finally agreed to go see a Dr. and he promptly put her on anti-depressants. Hopefully this will help. I had an epiphany last night, which leads me to my "official business" here today... I was laying in bed think about the situation and the light bulb went on that perhaps she is suffering from Celiac's...My older sister was Dx'd before I was, my mom is asymptomatic but carries the gene (not THE "Gene" Bev) :P ...so it kind of makes sense that she may suffer as well... I'm not off base here, right?I was trying to see if there is research that showed celiac disease manifesting with depression as a symptom. She has none of the GI symptoms...

I just want to help her get better...it's frightening -the change in her demeanor and her withdrawl from the world at large.

Sorry to cast a cloud over the siliness. Off to take care of business.

jerseyangel Proficient

Ugh--I remember that well :( Tis truly heinous. Maybe a wee bit of chocolate?

I've missed you all as well. My how time flies...I can't begin to catch up on the silli-bidness that I've missed, but I'm glad to see you've kept the lights on.

I actually logged on today for "official business" :o

To make a long story short, the last two minths (and counting) have been an absolute roller coaster for me and my family...My younger sister has slipped into a deep depression and we are all very worried for her. She finally agreed to go see a Dr. and he promptly put her on anti-depressants. Hopefully this will help. I had an epiphany last night, which leads me to my "official business" here today... I was laying in bed think about the situation and the light bulb went on that perhaps she is suffering from Celiac's...My older sister was Dx'd before I was, my mom is asymptomatic but carries the gene (not THE "Gene" Bev) :P ...so it kind of makes sense that she may suffer as well... I'm not off base here, right?I was trying to see if there is research that showed celiac disease manifesting with depression as a symptom. She has none of the GI symptoms...

I just want to help her get better...it's frightening -the change in her demeanor and her withdrawl from the world at large.

Sorry to cast a cloud over the siliness. Off to take care of business.

Richard!

Great to see you! :) I'm so sorry about your sister--I have a very similar thing going on in my family. I wrote about it here a while ago (so hard to go back and find anything in this thread), but the gist of it is that my sister has been in and out of the hospital for depression 3 times this past year. It seemed to become debilitating (she lost weight, stopped eating, and was found to be anemic) as she had to deal with her husband being diagnosed with a serious illness.

I have gotten nowhere in trying to have her get tested for Celiac--even though I carry the DQ2 gene and since I'm diagnosed, she has a much higher chance of having it.

I did some research into the links between Celiac and depression and found that there most certainly is a connection. I think it's definately worth a try for your sister--I know Susie will have a lot to weigh in on with this subject. Please, urge her to get tested.

An aside--my sister was put on antidepressants as well, but they don't seem to be helping as much as expected. (She also sees a therapist). My take on it is that she may not be absorbing the meds, and that's why she hasn't seen much improvement in over a year.

Anyway, I send good thoughts your way--when you get a chance, keep us posted and if you want any of the articles I found, let me know. :)

Archived