This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

curlyfries Contributor

Back from the Halloween party...........awesome!!!!!

There was a magician who roamed the party and a guy hired to do charicatures(sp).......free to us, of course.

And there was his dance floor in the basement. He also had a green screen set up for picture-taking.

Hubby decided this morning that he was going to go as VanHelsing (he already had the coat and hat), so I decided to go as the vampire lady (don't know her name).......dyed my hair black, bought some cool boots (I used to be too big to fit boots over my calves), tight pants.....already had a black lace-up shirt. My fangs wouldn't stay on, however. Got lots of compliments! :D........hubby said I looked hot!....teehee! :P

My daughter and her boyfriend went as Johnny Cash and June Carter.

I don't know what my hair will look like tomorrow when we go dancing.....how well does temporary dye wash out?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
My daughter and her boyfriend went as Johnny Cash and June Carter.

Very cool!! :D

Glad you had an awsome time! ;)

elye Community Regular

Morning, All!!

Oh, what a GRRRRRRREAT time last evening was!! :):) So wonderful reconnecting with people who were at one time close to you, as Laura was - - we were close childhood friends. And of course, my best, best buddy (the one who is ill :( ) hosted, so it was terrific....must post a pic of our smiling, reminiscing faces.

...And I was correct - - Laura is a staggeringly beautiful, 5'9'', 125 pound (packed muscle) blonde - - lithe, poised. .. . ..couldn't stop staring. . . .. .... :rolleyes::lol:

Note to self: More yoga. Now...

Ptaoughmghmn and his wee TV!

Exciting news about your new digs, AND your positive mental state. It's creepin' back, Ptaumnuss . . .... :)

Mom is coming. .. ...this is a good thing. Moms appear, and things are good.

Um, well, with me they become fan-f@ckin'-tastic........

I doubt a full-time position would do it. The 9-10hrs days would probably wear me wayyyyyy down kuhhhh-WICK, but this 3-4 hr stuff is goodness.

Yep....part-time work is where it's at fer me, where I'm most balanced and fulfilled. It's a great life, and I'm SO blessed to have this schedule! Home for the school bus every day, not rushing through work to get to my other errands..... .. ..

We is lucky, Ptaoughhmghmhmn! B):)

Hubby decided this morning that he was going to go as VanHelsing (he already had the coat and hat), so I decided to go as the vampire lady (don't know her name).......dyed my hair black, bought some cool boots (I used to be too big to fit boots over my calves), tight pants.....already had a black lace-up shirt. My fangs wouldn't stay on, however.

Gahhh!! Tremendous, Leeeesa! Pics, puleeze.......!

Jestgar Rising Star

Tommy (and Susie?) you might want to check into Open Original Shared Link.

happygirl Collaborator

I'm here and doing well ---- no worries :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess--your article hit home fer me, too.

This statement that I took from it explains me perfectly--

''I actually feel kind of attacked by the sun,'' the designer said. ''I feel like it's piercing into me, and I start to feel more and more desperate to escape it."

Wow--desperate to escape it--that's me. I feel anxious when I get too hot, I know it's an over-reaction, but I can't help it. The sun, particularly. Now, a sunny day this time of year is no problem, but when it's already warm--or gawd forbid humid--I get panicky.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Jess--your article hit home fer me, too.

This statement that I took from it explains me perfectly--

''I actually feel kind of attacked by the sun,'' the designer said. ''I feel like it's piercing into me, and I start to feel more and more desperate to escape it."

Wow--desperate to escape it--that's me. I feel anxious when I get too hot, I know it's an over-reaction, but I can't help it. The sun, particularly. Now, a sunny day this time of year is no problem, but when it's already warm--or gawd forbid humid--I get panicky.

I realize this is completely off topic, but that kitty is just SO DARN CUTE!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Wow, fascinating. . . . ..never heard of this corollary to the classic SAD. Soooozie, this does sound like you! Wanting the darkness of a rainy day.. .. ...

My weirdness does not seem connected to weather a 'tall. <_<

So phunny....Jess, I did not know who in hell you were talking about when you said Tommy. Honestly, it took me about ten seconds to realize it was, of course, Ptaoughmghmn. That just sounds like a totally different person, somehow.

Nope...Ptaoughmghmnuss is just NOT Tommy........ :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
So phunny....Jess, I did not know who in hell you were talking about when you said Tommy. Honestly, it took me about ten seconds to realize it was, of course, Ptaoughmghmn. That just sounds like a totally different person, somehow.

Nope...Ptaoughmghmnuss is just NOT Tommy........ :lol:

I was afraid I'd misspell his full name and offend him :P

psawyer Proficient
I realize this is completely off topic, but that kitty is just SO DARN CUTE!!!!!!

Um, comments about cute cats are never off topic here. :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:o OMG - fascinating........I HATE these summers, and have gone into my deepest depressions during the heat! It is also, perhaps, one of the main reasons I have escaped to the mountains as much as possible, for my entire life.........my heart literally aches and longs for a cabin, where we used to have one...... :(

hi peter - true that. :)

morning everybody........got no silly at all.............blah. just reading along - carry on. :)

elye Community Regular

Phorgot to tell you guys: That unfogettable bib I made for my mom some months ago, with the Raquel Welsh bikini body on it, will be making quite an appearance on Hallowe'en evening. There is a big costume party happening at the retirememnt residence, and my mom is wearing it with great big sunglasses and a long, platinum-blonde wig. Must get a picture. .. ..

Actually, it would be a lot funnier if my dad were to do this. However, it is more expected of him, so perhaps this is a better surprise for everyone.. . ... :huh::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

I second the true dat! Thanks, Bunnie :D

tom Contributor

:lol:TOMMY??! :o

See Meeeeeeeeee

Feeeel Meeeeeeeee

Touch Me

Heal Meee-ee-eee

Maybe it's part of the Baked Dingobrain Effect (and precipitous[?] affinity for gloomy precipitational weather), but I had my greatest days, day after day, for months, last summer.

Very interesting, nonetheless. I'd never heard of "reverse seasonal affective disorder".

[Ahhhh Poeter!!! Nice S.A.D.!!! (Seasonal Avatar Display)]

This part did make me wonder:

"People with severe depression, he said, tend to have higher temperatures at night .."

I very often get warm enough by 11 or 12 to change into shorts, even if I've felt cold all day. :huh::wacko: But me brain also works better at those late hrs.

(Knickee's me/my substitution proclamation really has legs, don't it??)

Hey! Marvy av Em!

(Coats???? It's still ~85 here heehee) <~10

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Oh man, John took his BIG 42" tv away last night. My 32" still looks so small.

:lol: Now Phataoughmn!, I believe this is a 'man thing'

Tel is not even happy with our 40'' flat screen blah blah blah telly......GADS!! :rollingeyes:

I'm heading out now to GET THE KEYS to the new apt! Woohoo

And tomorrow Mom arrives for a few days' visit.

Good news !!! ...and the 'somewhere to go factor!!! :beamingsmile:

Howdy all . . . twas a lovely holiday vacation although the accomadations left quite a bit to be desired. More later. I'm off to the grocery. We've got about a 1/2 cup of milk in the place . . . that's not gonna fly tomorrow morn.

Quelle domage!!....but y'all had a good time :)

Back from the Halloween party...........awesome!!!!!

PHAB!! <err, not sure the temporary black dye will wash out though!>

Oh, what a GRRRRRRREAT time last evening was!! :):) So wonderful reconnecting with people who were at one time close to you, as Laura was - - we were close childhood friends. And of course, my best, best buddy (the one who is ill :( ) hosted, so it was terrific....must post a pic of our smiling, reminiscing faces.

Aww, this is fantastic Em!!......love the Av :D

I'm here and doing well ---- no worries

Laura!!! :D

morning everybody........got no silly at all.............blah. just reading along - carry on. :)

Just glad you cheQUed in me luv ;)

Phorgot to tell you guys: That unfogettable bib I made for my mom some months ago, with the Raquel Welsh bikini body on it, will be making quite an appearance on Hallowe'en evening. There is a big costume party happening at the retirememnt residence, and my mom is wearing it with great big sunglasses and a long, platinum-blonde wig. Must get a picture. .. ..

Actually, it would be a lot funnier if my dad were to do this. However, it is more expected of him, so perhaps this is a better surprise for everyone.. . ...

OH Em, your pholks are just fan-f@ckin' tastico LOL!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Man!!! Being gone for a few days makes it hard to pick comments to comment on . . . so I shall ignore you all and talk about meselph . . .

The trip was lurverly . . . nice hiking, trees, rock formations, views, etc. Kids did great. Pretty good sports through it all until the last hike which Smack proclaimed a "rip off". It was a pretty long hike for the end result (a natural rock bridge). The kids both proclaimed the horseback riding as the best thing we did. Was that because we only went once versus the hiking which was . . . often? The other great event that Smack enjoyed was the power outage whilst at the "luxury" cabin. I'm not sure why he thought that was so great but it only lasted 30 or 40 minutes.

Our "luxury" cabin was quite disgusting . . . with yellow/brown hot and cold running water and no TV (the children were distraught).

Here are some professional photos of some of the things Open Original Shared Link. There has been a drought there so the water falls weren't falling but the rock formations were impressive.

elye Community Regular

Janet! Hey, what's a little brown water and wood cabin-type squalor amongst vacationing family members? Sounds like you had a good time. . .. for me, throw horses into the mix, and all is good.

There is NO smell like that of a horse - - it is absolutely my favorite scent (okay, maybe odour)...... . . and boy, does it hang around on yer body after a long ride....even after a shower, somehow. Betcha all still stink o' horse, right, Janet? :lol:

See Meeeeeeeeee

Feeeel Meeeeeeeee

Touch Me

Heal Meee-ee-eee

Unfortunately, the only piece I can ever think of when the subject is this musical is Uncle Whatsizname's Fiddle About... . ..

Quite an odd piece of stage production, wasn't it? Never really grabbed me .. . ....the story, nor the music.

Loved Roger Daltry, tho .. .. . ... :wub:

(Knickee's me/my substitution proclamation really has legs, don't it??)

Gawd. . . . I am even saying it during my everyday conversations now. . ...."I'm taking me car in this morning"........"Wow, me blood sugar's low for some reason"...... . :lol:

(Coats???? It's still ~85 here heehee) <~10
Darn210 Enthusiast
Janet! Hey, what's a little brown water and wood cabin-type squalor amongst vacationing family members? Sounds like you had a good time. . .. for me, throw horses into the mix, and all is good.

There is NO smell like that of a horse - - it is absolutely my favorite scent (okay, maybe odour)...... . . and boy, does it hang around on yer body after a long ride....even after a shower, somehow. Betcha all still stink o' horse, right, Janet? :lol:

Of Course we don't smell like horse!!! We've had several showers in the coloUred water since then!!! Now we smell of iron residue . . . Gawd, I hope that's what it was.

Skeeter got bit by one of the horses . . . of course . . . trying to feed it some grass/clover from her hand after the ride. The guide even showed her how to do it so she wouldn't get bit . . . she heard blah blah blah and then immediately got bit!!

The kids had never been on a horse before other than pony rides. I have a feeling they won't settle for those any more.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
:lol: Now Phataoughmn!, I believe this is a 'man thing'

Tel is not even happy with our 40'' flat screen blah blah blah telly......GADS!! :rollingeyes:

My boyfriend got a 61" Tv and put it in our BEDROOM. I kinda like it.....

Oh, and black dye ain't temporary when you put it in blond hair, I can speak from experience.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Oh, and black dye ain't temporary when you put it in blond hair, I can speak from experience.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Leighsa . . . what's the word . . . where've ya been?? . . . still in the shower? shampooin'??

We need a pic reeeeeaaaaaaal bad!!!

elye Community Regular

I remember a young hellion of a boy spraying dark blue hair colour into his entire head of blonde hair at Jack's last birthday party. . ......I was still seeing quite a bit of it the following week when I went into the school to volunteer. .. .... ..Yes, I'll bet Leeeesa's not around because she been shampooing....and shampooing. . . and shampooing. . . . :lol:

My husband asked me if I needed any more inches on my bedroom TV.....I think it can be an area of great self-consciousness for the average male. I've been very reassuring and understanding, assuring him that the screen measurement is irrelevant, really - - it all boils down to the quality of the picture, and how it is viewed.

But wow, Bunnie. .. .....yer boyfriend. . . .....61-inch screen, huh? .. . . .........

:huh::blink:

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
My husband asked me if I needed any more inches on my bedroom TV.....I think it can be an area of great self-consciousness for the average male. I've been very reassuring and understanding, assuring him that the screen measurement is irrelevant, really - - it all boils down to the quality of the picture, and how it is viewed.

:lol::lol:

Just a lovely picture of you and your friends, Em :D

curlyfries Contributor
PHAB!! <err, not sure the temporary black dye will wash out though!>

yeahhhh................no <_<

Speaking of this, Leeeeesa - -where's that pic of the vampire goddess from last night?

Will do.......as soon as I can get one from either the host or my daughter.

Yeah Leighsa . . . what's the word . . . where've ya been?? . . . still in the shower? shampooin'??

. .. .... ..Yes, I'll bet Leeeesa's not around because she been shampooing....and shampooing. . . and shampooing. . . . :lol:

Welllll........I've given up for now.........3 shampooings last nite and 2 this morning. Some of me brown hair is starting to show thru......doesn't seem like I'll ever see the blonder strands. :(

Funny thing is, some people are trying to convince me to keep it black. :P

Darn210 Enthusiast
Welllll........I've given up for now.........3 shampooings last nite and 2 this morning. Some of me brown hair is starting to show thru......doesn't seem like I'll ever see the blonder strands. :(

Well, at least it's a "normal" coloUr . . . my aunt did hers green for St. Patrick's day once with food coloUring . . . um, she had some problems wif that one.

curlyfries Contributor

Well, at least it's a "normal" coloUr . . . my aunt did hers green for St. Patrick's day once with food coloUring . . . um, she had some problems wif that one.

:o

Actually, it was a bluish black, but the blue was not very noticeable......now it's kind of a faded black.

BTW.......looks like a lovely place you visited. I looove horseback riding, but rarely get a chance to go.

Archived