This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

OK. I got a cell phone and canceled my land line. So now I have a microwave/oven I don't know how to use and a phone I don't know how to use.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Amanda--The house looks great!! Love the porch and the room sizes look good. Have phun taking your mom to see it, and I hope it works out :) Let us know ;)

Sillies.....closets.....gender mismatching......Em and her family at the Last Supper.......

What in hell??? :o:blink::lol:

Is Nik still in Scotland? :unsure:

stealing from Patti...........again.........yawn............wipingmyeyebulbs here............yawn.......... :o

Amanda.....love the house

wish it had photos. noticed all you wanted but the bathroom.

there were alot on the list at that price range.

maybe the neighborhoods weren't what or where you wanted them.

hope you can take some shots tomorrow.

enjoy.

Judy

Darn210 Enthusiast
Um.....does anyone else think that this family shot looks rather Last-Supperish? Check out the composition. . . ..... :lol: Me, Christ-like, in the centRE, :huh::lol: ..... . . ..

:o Emily?? Christ-like??? . . . ummmmm . . . No, not Last-Supperish . . . more like a Wanted Poster for the Hole-In-The-Wall-Gang. :lol:

Oh . . . and good luck wif da hous, Manda!!

tom Contributor
Mygawd.. . one year ago, we were in full parade swing....putting the final touches on the floats, sobering up the Hoff, braiding those seashells into the yeti's hair..... . .. seems, indeed, like yesterday. . . ..... :rolleyes::DB)

Yup . .just yesterday debating the level of violence to attribute to ... .ok sure they ARE machine guns, but we're shooting marshmallows & . . .uh-oh what else? Altoids? Gummi Yetis?? <work, brain, work!!!> (it's on the tip of me frontal lobe I swear!) GAH what ELSE!!!!

Can't reply much ...just a quick coffeebreak poop-in from work.

MANDA!! House!!!!! :D

...and how is Soooozie?... ..

I've a hunch the :ph34r: Bean Queen is better and posting tomorrow. :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG - so eeeeeeeeeeeeazily emoticonally busted now

:furiousface:

Mygawd.. . one year ago, we were in full parade swing....putting the final touches on the floats, sobering up the Hoff, braiding those seashells into the yeti's hair..... . .. seems, indeed, like yesterday. . . .....

:lol: oh, the beauty, the lovely lilt of the words in this passage :lol:

"braiding those seashells into the yeti's hair" just sounds really.......poetic and lush.

Sillies.....closets.....gender mismatching......Em and her family at the Last Supper.......

What in hell???

:lol: just another day here in the 'ville...........

I thought it was only a weekend stint. .....perhaps she can't tear herself away from the rolling Scottish Highlands..... . the call of the pipes.... . .young gents in kilts .. .. . ..

'twas a ten-hour drive! :o I think it's the whole week

OK. I got a cell phone and canceled my land line. So now I have a microwave/oven I don't know how to use and a phone I don't know how to use.

<_< this is precisely why I have declared myself Amish.

I've a hunch the :ph34r: Bean Queen is better and posting tomorrow.

Yes sillies..........I made an emergency gluten-consult phone call to Pthaughm from this pub. Wanted to know if this certain cider (what in hell was the name of it? oh - Strongbow) is gluten-free. Alas, he did not exactly know. I ordered one. I sure hope to hell it is. I think it is..........'tis in the annals of me brain that it is.

Sillies............more later. I have pages to catch up on!!!!!!!!!!! upon which to catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

feeling slightly better and.........I think I've been subtly glutening myself each day this past week. :(

I PHARKING HATE BEING CELIAC

:angry::angry:

p.s. could beans make me mental? I am wondering about this bullion-ish thing I used to COOK said pot of chili (I keep trying) but........could just the beans themselves make me bonkers and crazy and sad?

<or is it just my pathetic life?>

but - situations are the same from one day to the next. No major changes. And yet, there are times when I am pretty reasonably content, and then, quite suddenly, I am utterly miserable about all of it...........and nothing's changed. In fact, things are going better - new job, etc........but I plummeted into hell.

*sigh*

elye Community Regular

Guid Mornin, Psillies! (Scotish Gallic fer Nik)

All right.. . . nobody call Jess for the next few days, nor ask her to heat you up a cup of coffee. . . ...

:P

Emily?? Christ-like??? . . . ummmmm . . . No, not Last-Supperish . . . more like a Wanted Poster for the Hole-In-The-Wall-Gang.

:lol::lol: Tr

jerseyangel Proficient

I just got emoticonally busted! I simply can NOT live like this!! <dramaqueenphace>

This, from our scientist :o:lol:

. . . more like a Wanted Poster for the Hole-In-The-Wall-Gang. :lol:

<snort>

Can't reply much ...just a quick coffeebreak poop-in from work.

Pataghumn pooping in from work!!!

p.s. could beans make me mental? I am wondering about this bullion-ish thing I used to COOK said pot of chili (I keep trying) but........could just the beans themselves make me bonkers and crazy and sad?

Soozle--I love you, we truly all love you--but the beans.....not so much. :( Just off the top 'o me head, I can think of two other times when beans did this to you. I'm terribly intolerant to all legumes and each time, my reaction gets worse.

They're pretty easy for me to stay away from (meaning not a lot of legume cross contamination out there :P ), so when I try them it's pretty clear-cut. Last December I ate peas and didn't get sick until the next day--it kinda snuck up on me--but I was miserable for two days. I remember distinctly because Mark and I had an appointment that next day and it was all I could do to get through it.

I had legume again recently (those evil crackers) and it only took a few hours until the reaction hit. It was like food poisonning and anxiety all rolled into one :( Heinous. It was a few days before I felt better.

I know.....whenever you get a hankerin' fer beans--have a Strongbow instead :D

POETER!!! ARE YOU READY FOR ME????!! :lol::rolleyes:

So exciting!!!! Do NOT phorget yer cameras!!

OK Sillies, I'm off to the grocery. Wanna take bets if I'll get asked about gluten again while I'm there? :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular
I just got emoticonally busted! I simply can NOT live like this!! <dramaqueenphace>

I am going through exactly the same kind of emoticon withdrawal, Patti..... . .it is affecting my entire life. I am seeing li'l emoticons everywhere. . . . ....cackly faces on my whiteboard at work, wackl faces floating around the free weights at the gym, li'l smirks on the barbeque as I prepare supper... . . . .mygawd. . .. ....they are everywhere. I think I may have to go cold turkey. It is like telling an alcoholic to just partake in one or two martinis a day - - completely ineffective.

So, no emoticon usage for a time. Dunno if I can do this. Hopefully I can reintroduce them, a bit at a time. . . . . .....

My name is Emily, and I am an emotiholic.

:laffylafflaff: !!!

I'm terribly intolerant to all legumes and each time, my reaction gets worse.

I had legume again recently (those evil crackers) and it only took a few hours until the reaction hit. It was like food poisonning and anxiety all rolled into one :( Heinous. It was a few days before I felt better.

Soooozie! There you are .. . . . stop the legumes! I'm off emoticons, you get off those beans. . . ..... :laffyguy:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Soooozie! There you are .. . . . stop the legumes!

I concur!!! You've shared plenty of bean stories wif us to make me think you've got a bean problem . . . step away from the beans.

Mtndog Collaborator

Hello Psillies- Much to comment on- Susie's bean problem :angry: (me too! and Paddeigh fiddling with the vertical and horizontal :lol: Jess's confused gender :rolleyes: and Ptaum sleeping somewhere different :D

Judy- I know the closet from whence you came and I'll keep your secret if you send me chocolate!!!!!!

I hear ya, Judy. . . .... . .I always try to cherish and really get everything I can out of each moment I spend with my mom and dad now. Very, very lucky, I am........

Um.....does anyone else think that this family shot looks rather Last-Supperish? Check out the composition. . . ..... :lol: Me, Christ-like, in the centRE,

My mom, believe me, is the quintessential Mary Magdeline. . . . ... . ..

....Actually, my dad could be, as well. . . . ....... .

Emily- Christ-like? :lol: :lol: Yes- family is something to be cherished!

I see Laura peeking :D

I have a question- DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FLU? Can we pass it via the web? I feel like I have died. Slept 12hours last night, chills, hot and cold, dizzy, stuffy head feels like exploding. i hate that I can't tell the difference between flu and Lyme. It could be a giant herx or a giant flu. Feel like rubbish :( :(

Green12 Enthusiast

Hello Sillies!

I am alive.....I think.

I am soooooo very behind, have been reading some and know there are many things I wanted to comment on (but I phorgot what :ph34r: )

Tom!!!! I know there was something I wanted to say to you. But what?

A big welcome to Ashley :D

Something about what Emily's dad said......

Amanda!!!! Very exciting about the house you guys found!! I hope everything falls in to place and that you soon will call it yours :wub:

Jess and her new technilogical gadgets :lol:

Susie, I would say NO BEANS FOR YOU! I ate peanutbutter the other week and I had nightmares and the sweats and just a total change in mental outlook, if you have a problem with a food it can totally affect you in that way.

Patti, try to look less gluten friendly at the grocery store this time, ok?!?! :lol:

Bev, I have heard the phlu is going around. That is tough for you to know if it is that or the lyme :( SO sorry you are feeling POOPY!!! Feel better soon!

And yes Nikki is still on her bonnie Scotish jaunt, twas all week.

jerseyangel Proficient

Julie!! Yer back! :wub:

Did you watch Dirty Sexy Money last night? We didn't get it here because the Phillies won the World Series and our ABC station carried live coverage of the celebrating till after midnight.

elye Community Regular

Jooolie's back! :smiley:

Bevel!! So sorry you're sick . .. . ..get under a blankie on yer couch, stat!

Speaking of the phlu:

How many of you get the phlu shot? I always have, being high-risk due to the diabetes. .. . DH and the kids have gotten it, as well... .. . but the more I read about the thimerisol and the anti-freeze purportedly in the serum mix, the more I am hesitating this year. What's everyone's take?

We didn't get it here because the Phillies won the World Series and our ABC station carried live coverage of the celebrating till after midnight.

We were thinking of you guys last night, Patti! Rooting for Philly, and then I went to bed. . . Heard Will cheering, so I knew they'd pulled it out. . . . ..

:) (one emoticon --I'm rationing and cutting back). . . .....

Jestgar Rising Star

<Insert big pro-flu shot rant>

I suspect that if you don't react to thimerosal (haven't until now) then it's unlikely to cause you problems. You get plenty of mercury poisoning from your food and the little bit in the shots probably isn't even noticeable.

Open Original Shared Link.

But you need to weigh your own perceived risks from the vaccine against:

a ) Your chances of exposure (where do you work/play)

b ) Your expected response if you do get the flu (worse for elderly, young, chronic lung disease eg)

c ) Who you might pass it to if you do get it (do you live with young, elderly, ill. etc)

You could also ask about preservative free vaccines. They do make them. And the live vaccine you squirt up your nose is preservative free.

I personally feel that we casually consume enormous amounts of chemicals willingly every day and to balk at this one, just because, is hypocritical.

Mtndog Collaborator

JOOLIE's back!!!!!!!! :D

And the live vaccine you squirt up your nose is preservative free.

You mean I could have snorted drugs and would feel better now? :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
We were thinking of you guys last night, Patti! Rooting for Philly, and then I went to bed. . . Heard Will cheering, so I knew they'd pulled it out. . . . ..

:) (one emoticon --I'm rationing and cutting back). . . .....

I'm honoUred that you would use your alloted emoticon on this!! :lol: As Will knows, it was a pretty short game since they only had to finish the remaining 3 innings from Tuesday's. We had a couple days of nasty weather, and they just couldn't play again till last night. The city is beside itselph! :D

The phlu vaccine.....the decision was made for me, actually. I got the shot for several years, and would always have nausea a few hours afterwards. Then 3 years ago, I got throat and chest tightness right after the injection so my doctor then said I shouldn't get it.

When I was at the doctor here last week, she asked me if I've had my vaccine. I told her about what happened, and she also advised against it.

Really though, very little agrees with me.....so I'm not a good guage ;)

Jestgar Rising Star
JOOLIE's back!!!!!!!! :D

You mean I could have snorted drugs and would feel better now? :lol: :lol:

Anyone with a compromised immune system (I'm guessing being Lymed counts, but I'm not sure) should think four or five times before putting a live virus in their body. It is attenuated (not so infective), but still, it's a live virus...

Mtndog Collaborator
Anyone with a compromised immune system (I'm guessing being Lymed counts, but I'm not sure) should think four or five times before putting a live virus in their body. It is attenuated (not so infective), but still, it's a live virus...

Are YOU calling ME compromised? I've been caught in compromising situations before but this is outrageous :lol: :lol: :lol: (You know I love you Jess!)

elye Community Regular

I was hoping to get your sciencey opinion in particular, Jess. I am literally NEVER ill (KNOCK WOOD). .. . . ..is it becaise of the phlu shots I've been getting every year? Dunno, maybe.. ...but it could have something to do with it, so why mess with a good thing?

I will inquire at the nearby clinic about the preservative-free option . .. . ...

elye Community Regular

Hey! I'm excited - - just found the PERFECT curtain rings at the Sally Anne - - small, round, and gold, to use as our nose rings when we transform ourselves into Zulus. We just need to put them in our noses and squish them together with pliers when we're ready to go, and pry them apart when the party's over. I only needed two, but had to buy the pack of ten, so if anyone else suddenly needs a nose ring, I've got extra here, and they're cheap to ship.

POeter! You may be wanting a nose ring this weekend . .. . ...I'll bring a couple extra to Toronto.

:huh::lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Judy- I know the closet from whence you came and I'll keep your secret if you send me chocolate!!!!!!

I have a question- DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FLU? Can we pass it via the web? I feel like I have died. Slept 12hours last night, chills, hot and cold, dizzy, stuffy head feels like exploding. i hate that I can't tell the difference between flu and Lyme. It could be a giant herx or a giant flu. Feel like rubbish :(:(

:lol: Jim was in charge of the Halloween candy this year............so............some chocolate will be on the way...........a bribe always works ;)

Darn whatever 'bugs' invaded your body--------------BE GONE YOU DEVILS-----------I know Robbin said there was a flu in Virginia a few weeks ago.

I am alive.....I think.

Amanda!!!! Very exciting about the house you guys found!! I hope everything falls in to place and that you soon will call it yours :wub:

Bev, I have heard the phlu is going around. That is tough for you to know if it is that or the lyme :( SO sorry you are feeling POOPY!!! Feel better soon!

Julie.........ah hope your feeling better soon.

Bev, gotta get you guys all better :(

Amanda........update on the house .........purtty pllllllllease.........

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I suspect that if you don't react to thimerosal (haven't until now) then it's unlikely to cause you problems. You get plenty of mercury poisoning from your food and the little bit in the shots probably isn't even noticeable.

Open Original Shared Link.

But you need to weigh your own perceived risks from the vaccine against:

a ) Your chances of exposure (where do you work/play)

b ) Your expected response if you do get the flu (worse for elderly, young, chronic lung disease eg)

c ) Who you might pass it to if you do get it (do you live with young, elderly, ill. etc)

You could also ask about preservative free vaccines. They do make them. And the live vaccine you squirt up your nose is preservative free.

I personally feel that we casually consume enormous amounts of chemicals willingly every day and to balk at this one, just because, is hypocritical.

I read your post and this article came immediately to mind:

Open Original Shared Link

I'm curious as to whether or not any of the info in this article has been disproved.

And exactly how much mercury IS in each of these vaccines?

Jestgar Rising Star
Are YOU calling ME compromised? I've been caught in compromising situations before but this is outrageous :lol: :lol: :lol: (You know I love you Jess!)

:wub:

If you really loved me you'd stop playing with tics and other things that bite. Well, puppies excluded. They don't really mean it.

Darn210 Enthusiast
I have a question- DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FLU? Can we pass it via the web? I feel like I have died. Slept 12hours last night, chills, hot and cold, dizzy, stuffy head feels like exploding. i hate that I can't tell the difference between flu and Lyme. It could be a giant herx or a giant flu. Feel like rubbish :( :(

Just picked Smack up early from school today because of a fever and sore throat. Headed to the doc to check for strep which was negative. So, we've got sumptin' but I don't know what.

We get flu shots. Smack has asthma tendencies - hospitalized wif pnuemonia when he was two :( He sometimes needs his inhalor when he's sick (cold or flu) - just gets stuck in cough mode but not everytime :) They always expire before we go thru an entire inhalor. In fact, in the last 3 1/2 years all together we probably haven't been through an entire inhalor . . . but none-the-less, it's in his med file and off we go. Three out of the last four years, Skeeter ended up with the flu despite the fact she had the flu shot :angry::angry: The first time it happened, it was a little over a week after the shot so she wasn't protected yet. The second time was during active and undiagnosed Celiac so maybe that had something to do with it ?? Last year I believe the shot didn't work for a lot of people - in our area anyway. Pharmacist said that it was late getting here and by the time it got here it had mutated and the shot wasn't all that effective. BAH!!!! We'll still be good patients and go get them . . . especially me now that I'm working at a germ-infested preschool.

Mtndog Collaborator
:wub:

If you really loved me you'd stop playing with tics and other things that bite. Well, puppies excluded. They don't really mean it.

Jess- You got the first LOUD giggle out of me today. :lol: :lol:

Gianknit- You really shouldn't be on Smack :P

Archived