This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
Sure, but ain'tcha Queen-designate of the whole forum, wit dem 13,787+ posts??!!

Queen Chatterbox, maybe :lol: <envisioningmeselphasLadyChatterly> <wifalover> B)

Uh-oh confession time .. . I know it's widely enjoyed . .. ...I like to believe I'd find the original hilarious . ..but .. . .I'm not all that amused by our version :ph34r:

Phinally SOMEONE else who doesn't phind The Office hilarious! I've tried to get into it, but the humoUr escapes moi. My son, however loves it :huh:

NO WAYYYY... . . ...

Smart goil! Wish Sophie luck fer me--and congrats so far :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hail our new queen............a good morning to YA

Hi all other sillies.

Sure wish we'd hear from our Amanda!!

I'm sure she's trying to get some rest.

I hope they were able to get the surgery done yesterday and it was all good.........

Amanda................{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and hope you ck in when you can.

Love Judy

Green12 Enthusiast

It's a Silly Saturday!

What a treat to have a morning greeting from our Queen to start the day :D

Just an a.m. poop in from me, I actually have plans today to speak of...am going to a football game, which sounds like a pretty normal and a simple activity, but this will be a huge outing and quite the physical undertaking for me.

Tom you have to go back to the Mayo? Bummer it couldn't be worked all in :(

Soosie, if Weezie signs up for Spacebook tell her to add me as a friend :lol:

Bunnie, yer dinner sounded yummo!

Good luck to Sophie!

Oh Steve Carrel, love him!! Can I just say 4 words...Dan. In. Real. Life.

This scene killed me, I was laughing hysterically:

Open Original Shared Link

(did I post this already? :huh: )

Sillies, I want to try to convert this for Thanksgiving:

What do you think??

Hope Amanda checks in today, thinking of her and her dad :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient
Sillies, I want to try to convert this for Thanksgiving:

What do you think??

Gawd Julie--so much to respond to in yer post, but THIS stopped me cold! :o:lol: I'm SO going to convert this, too! I phigure I'll have to do the gingerbread from scratch (tapioca) but other than using almond milk fer the pudding--this sounds pretty simple. We'll have to exchange notes :D

Have phun at the phootball game today! Hope the enjoyment of the day outweighs the strain ;):)

Yes! I wanna be Weezie's phriend, too!!

Amanda--we're all thinking about you and hoping that your dad is recovering and resting comfortably :)

elye Community Regular

:lol:

As I was walking by Soph who lay on the couch downloading music or photos or texting someone or gawd knows what on her teenage lifeline (cellphone), I asked her, "So, you really wouldn't reach into that porta-potty hole for your cell?"

Slience for a few beats. And then:

"Hmmmph. . . ......well... . it would depend on how bad it is in there". . .....

GAH...... . . .. . there are degrees of putrid horror??

This is the measuring stick for the strength of that infamous relationship between a young teen and her phone - -her contacts, her music, her games - - her VERY LIFE.

:rolleyes:

tom Contributor
I asked Sophie if she would fish her cellphone out of the hellish fecal quagmire that is any porta-potty, with the caveat that she would be allowed to wear her trapper.

HER trapper????? Mefinks the question's inadvertantly been skewed.

Howzabout "with the arch-rival team's netminder's trapper"????

Go for the GOLD Soph!!!!!!!! :) :)

[Edit: or there's a whole nuvver question - if her trapper fell in the phecal pit of stranger's intestinal egress (heehee), wouldn't it be a goner even before the splash/plop??? :pukeyface: ]

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Morning psillies!!!!!

Still thinking of Amanda and her Dad!

T'is the Open Original Shared Linktoday in London........now, it may just be a rumoUr....but I've heard that the Yeti will be in the procession!!!!!!!

Good luck for Sophie today!!!

Jules!!!....hope you enjoy your day out at football :D

cellphone drops into some reeking stench of intestinal egress phoul-ness

:lol: x3

T'was the intestinal eeegress that cracked me up!!!!

Smythe=Sm-eye-the .....terribly posh, usually middle or upper class unlike the Smiths who are decidedly working class (from which I descend <_< ) ... :unsure: wait!....you guys don't have a CLASS system do you????

<envisioningmeselphasLadyChatterly> <wifalover> B)

Patti got her psilly ON!!!!!

What do you think??

I think you should invite the token Brit over to experience Thanksgiving!!!! (and yer trifle! :P )

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor
OMG :lol: He said kweenifilic

It's almost closer to a word backwards .. ..

Cilifinewk

Silliphinuke <& tyler tewk> [bit of a rhyvum there oi?]

......I LURVE that show.......have watched it since the beginning - love Ricki (sp?) Gervais also . ..

Woo ya BIG fan you are - you 'n' Ricky Lake.

:lol::P:lol:

Just an a.m. poop in from me, I actually have plans today to speak of...am going to a football game, which sounds like a pretty normal and a simple activity, but this will be a huge outing and quite the physical undertaking for me.

I know the feeling.

but . . ..JOOOOOOOOOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I'm certain no one else here gives a flying phyllo, you MUST include WHAT football game for ME!!!!!!

Buffs? :o:)

Can't remember where CSU is .. ..Air Force's Colo Springs sounds too far away .. .does UofD even have a football team? (I know they're big in hockey)

Maybe it's a midget football / Pop Warner fun but chaotic buncha 9yr olds??????

I MUST know!!!!!!! :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG I was chatty last night, all by meselph :blink:

Phinally SOMEONE else who doesn't phind The Office hilarious! I've tried to get into it, but the humoUr escapes moi. My son, however loves it :huh:

clarifying........I wouldn't say it's hilarious.......it's actually more........painfully quirky.....very few out-loud snorks or anything.....just a mild train-wreck viewing with light chortling here and there at the freaks (the MAJOR freak, Carrell), his minion freaks, the normal people that really KNOW what freaks the others are (there might be only two of those - Pam and her boyfriend - forgot his name), and the fringe characters who just seem so irritated to even be addressed or brought into discussions at all :lol:

got it? :lol:

Soosie, if Weezie signs up for Spacebook tell her to add me as a friend

well, natch! ;) you ALL have to be her friend.....but, tried to do it last night, they REJECTED her name...you can't use the word "girl" in your name, so Weezee Girl was out......you have to have first and last name....so I have to figure this out.

What was that chinchilla's name? how did that one get through?

Jewel-ly! Have fun today!!!!!!! :)

PTAUM - yer av :lol: x 3 where did you get that......must send it to people

Amanda - - hope she checks in soon - stressful time.

Okay......if you dropped yer damn cell phone into a poop quagmire, in ANY out-house.....well, have you ever SEEN how far down taht pit goes? Um......think about it.......you can't just reach your HAND into it...your WHOLE BODY has to go into the pit to retrieve

:actuallyjustgaggedalittlebit:

:huh:

the ruling is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO CELL PHONES RETRIEVED from poop pits!

elye Community Regular
[Edit: or there's a whole nuvver question - if her trapper fell in the phecal pit of stranger's intestinal egress (heehee), wouldn't it be a goner even before the splash/plop??? :pukeyface: ]

Uh, nary a chance - - she's fishin' that $300.00 piece of equipment outta there, you can be certain. . . . ...

:lol:

T'is the Open Original Shared Linktoday in London.......

Hey, phab! Mr. Luder (Lord Luder? Sir Luder? Big Man Luder?) is quite important, isn't he?

but . . ..JOOOOOOOOOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I'm certain no one else here gives a flying phyllo, you MUST include WHAT football game for ME!!!!!!

OMG....I am currently ensconced in the BIGGEST, most exciting and pivotal Canadian University Football match-up - - Ottawa U :D:D vs. Western (BOOOO) in the quarter-final....Vanier Cup in two weeks. . . . can hardly contain myself. . . . ......

Isn't it exciting, Ptaoughmghmnusss?? :lol::rolleyes:

Okay......if you dropped yer damn cell phone into a poop quagmire, in ANY out-house.....well, have you ever SEEN how far down taht pit goes? Um......think about it.......you can't just reach your HAND into it...your WHOLE BODY has to go into the pit to retrieve

:actuallyjustgaggedalittlebit:

What if you peeked down there, and saw a $10,000 bank note? Just sitting on top of the filth....perhaps a tiny bit smeared. . .. ...

:huh::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Last post and then really I am gone :lol:

Tom, pssst....AFA/CSU in Colorado Springs....if it is on tv look for me!! I'm on 50 yard line on the AFA team side, (behind their bench) but up midway. I will wave!!!

Susie, you have to give Weeze your last name, I think that is what Lisa's dd did. Annie ________. Then it should work ;)

Patti, you speak my language!! A good dessert will stop me cold too :lol: We will talk later about this trifle!!

And yes Nikki, come celebrate Thanksgiving wif us, much trifle to go around....and other edibles, which usually is custom to eat and eat and eat until you are uncomfy and your pants pop :lol: You could circle the states and drop in on all US sillies Thanksgiving day and eat your way to oblivion!

Have a good day (night Nikki) Sillies!!!!

(Happy Lord Mayor's Day!)

tom Contributor
What was that chinchilla's name? how did that one get through?

Lily Dean!!!!!

Try Weezee Weez, or Weez Zul, or Weezee Skweezee etc etc

PTAUM - yer av :lol: x 3 where did you get that......must send it to people

Heehee saw it on a calender at my fav Caf

DingoGirl Enthusiast
What if you peeked down there, and saw a $10,000 bank note? Just sitting on top of the filth....perhaps a tiny bit smeared. . .. ...

:huh: well.........um........and we'd now for SURE it was real?

<must ponder>

And yes Nikki, come celebrate Thanksgiving wif us, much trifle to go around....and other edibles, which usually is custom to eat and eat and eat until you are uncomfy and your pants pop :lol: You could circle the states and drop in on all US sillies Thanksgiving day and eat your way to oblivion!

Like a Thanksgiving Faerie!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, PHINE IDEA!!!!!!!!!! :P

Ahhh but 'tweren't a pitted outhouse, just a pitless port-a-potty.

oh....okay, 'cause those aren't gross or anything :lol: :lol:

tom Contributor

Re: portapotty vs outhouse :P

oh....okay, 'cause those aren't gross or anything :lol: :lol:

OMG you totally (vut vurd to use) .. ..X'd me (X = a phorum member to be named . .. . ... ... never?) [edit: wasn't there something about a goat a couple months back?][edit p.s. Mods feel phree to delete anything potentially troublesome or offensive]

Yer OHHH-rrrridge-gin-ull pernt was regarding DEPTH & reachability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <mid-punctuate-breath> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't be switching from disputable points to the irrefutable whilst feigning that the topic under discussion hasn't been diabolically shifted missy!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
got it? :lol:

got it! :D

What if you peeked down there, and saw a $10,000 bank note? Just sitting on top of the filth....perhaps a tiny bit

Ok, phirst, Mark would go in....head phirst if necessary. :lol: I on the other hand, would try and phigure out how to rig up somephin on the order of a fishin' rod that I could send down the hole. a la "I Love Lucy" :lol:

Tom, pssst....AFA/CSU in Colorado Springs....if it is on tv look for me!! I'm on 50 yard line on the AFA team side, (behind their bench) but up midway. I will wave!!!

I scrolled through all the televised football games on my cable schedule and although there had to be 8 different games on, not the one Julie's goin to. <_< I wanted to see if I could pick her out of the crowd :D

elye Community Regular

Ptaoughmghmn's Foul Fridge Candy :lol:

Don't think I'd be putting one of those in me mom's Christmas stocking to decorate her new Whirlpool double-door model. .. ...

Ok, phirst, Mark would go in....head phirst if necessary.

:lol: Quite surprisingly, Will immediately said, "No way", and something about the possibility of lethal bacteria, C.difficile, MRSA, etc., and, "What's yer health worth??"

Think I'd be trapper-gloving it, and carrying it in said trapper to the ATM, where I would somehow trapper-maneouver it into an envelope and ping! ...right into my account.

Who in hell cares what cash/cheque-sorting banker guy handles it from there?

:huh::lol:

I scrolled through all the televised football games on my cable schedule and although there had to be 8 different games on, not the one Julie's goin to. I wanted to see if I could pick her out of the crowd

Me, too! No sign of our Jooolie. . . . . ....

Jestgar Rising Star
Ok, phirst, Mark would go in....head phirst if necessary. :lol:

But would you ever be able to clean him well enough to to be willing to hold him up to your face?

tom Contributor

1st thought is ... .. ... have seen other pix now so not just looking for big blue sweater :lol:

But damn . ..that game's not on here.

Jealous of the attendance to big-time college football!! (Yeah yeah it ain't USC or Texas or Bama/LSU etc. ..don't argue w/ me here)

:gladferj

Darn210 Enthusiast
edit p.s. Mods feel phree to delete anything potentially troublesome or offensive

No need . . . to hard to decipher yer post . . . most people are skipping it . . . :lol:

Yer OHHH-rrrridge-gin-ull pernt was regarding DEPTH & reachability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <mid-punctuate-breath> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we all needed to come up fer air!!

Darn210 Enthusiast
But would you ever be able to clean him well enough to to be willing to hold him up to your face?

:lol::lol:

Well, wif all the money, they can buy a whole lotta disenfectant!!!

No to the phone . . . but I'd be looking for someway to get the $10,00O out . . . I always end up sended cash through the washing machine. Comes out fine. Can't say the same for a phone. Plus, I'm not holding the money up to me phace to talk to it . . . it can hear me from afar.

jerseyangel Proficient

Pataughmn......a goat :lol:;)

Jan-it--yes! How many times have I put a pair of jeans through the laundry, only to pull a wet but phine $5 bill out of the pocket? Twud be infinately easier to clean the bill than the fone. Plus, for $10,000 I'd go to a bit more trouble :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Sillies

Very busy few days. My dad came through the surgery ok. He is still in the ICU but they are hoping to get him to the reg floor tomorrow. He should come home Weds. I saw him last night, he is still in lots of pain and he gots tubes all over but he came out fine and hopefully he will feel better soon.

I came back home late last night. John and I are hoping to put an offer in on the house too which we need to get stuff ready for that.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts, this has been such a long week. I am glad it is behind us and we can move on now.

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Amanda--thank goodness! I've been so concerned. Thanks for taking the time to update us :)

Be sure to take care of yourself now--get some rest and enough to eat. Exciting news on the house, too!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

So glad to hear from you Amanda!! and glad to get the news on yer dad!! Will keep him in my prayers!! . . . AND the house, too!!! You must be exhausted. Sit back and relax and watch Emily'sthe boob tube.

tom Contributor
Ptaoughmghmn's Foul Fridge Candy :lol:

Is there a campaign afoot to make me pheel like I'm losin' me minnnnnnnnnnd?

I've been thinking the brain's working pretty well, and suddenly there's a reference to something *I* said, of which there's no recall??????? :huh::wacko:

Archived