This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tom Contributor

Wow mia that's a pretty impressive amount of home-made healthiness for someone w/ little (or less) appetite.

I dunno what brand of soy ice cream u refer to, but a great one w/ perhaps less sugar is SoyDelicious, but not all of theirs.

There are maybe 5 out of the dozen+ which are fruit-sweetened (pear/apple juice), easily seen by the green banner on the label. If u try them, let it thaw in the bowl for 4 or 5 min 1st. Somehow it made a big diff to me in depth and richness of flavor. Not that it sucks right out of the freezer, but the satisfaction strangely skyrockets for such a small change in flavor.

Que Sabor!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Wow mia that's a pretty impressive amount of home-made healthiness for someone w/ little (or less) appetite.

No kidding! I was thinking the same thing! Add to that not having energy ... don't know how she does it!

dlp252 Apprentice

Quickly posting before I dingo everything again... This was the info I saw yesterday on the supplement I've been taking that explains a lot of my very recent D and I'm posting because

Lisa just started taking IntraMax or IntraMin...this info is from their (Drucker Labs) website:

Open Original Shared Link

10. Can I take this with pharmaceuticals or other nutraceuticals?

Because the Organic microcomplexes

dlp252 Apprentice
(No accusation here! No idea what u drink and my god I learned my lesson)

:lol: !!!!

OK....OMG...My sauna is HERE!!!

OMGosh...anxiously awaiting the report! :lol:

In a similar situation I found a solution.

I'd use the little ~2oz plastic bottles I found at target near the sample-size products like shampoo or whatever.

They come empty. I was at first looking for a bottle of some innocuous something that I'd pour out.

There were 2 different types of tops, one much preferred as far as leakage prevention - so if u see something like this be sure to look. I think one type was like a flip-thing like on sunscreen maybe?

Oh DOH!!!!! Gosh that's a good idea, and certainly doable. I don't want to put ANYTHING in the refrigerators here at work, which is why I don't want to cart my full bottles, but this would be doable! Thanks!

Avocados are in the 'edible' side of the ledger in, I think, every strict anti-candida diet I've ever seen.

As far as mold inside fresh produce, I remember only melons. Can't be a ripe melon w/out it.

I soooo love avocados and those will be one of the first things I try to add back in...if I can eat those again I can cut out some of the other questionable stuff I'm eating. Avocados and my beloved artichokes both tested badly in BioSET for me. :(

Does anyone have problems with lights and bright lights on the freeway at night.

YES!!!! I have a horrible time with bright lights, especially on the Freeway! And, it's really bad if there is a lot of traffic. Also bright stage lights (like at church when I'm on stage, harumph) and bright sunlight. I used to be able to go outside in the middle of the day without sunglasses, but really can't any more. It's not that it gives me a headache so much (it does a little), but I feel like I might go insane if I don't get out of the light...someone could do light torture on me instead of Chinese water torture, lol.

OK- I think we are going to have to put a time curfew on all you NUTS west of the Rockies. I go to sleep and wake up to like 99 gazillion posts covering everything from being molded to being under waiters and martinis equated with breasts!

:lol: Indeed!

For a while, I couldn't even have the cordless phone plugged in at night because of the light it put off ... I was very sensitive to light. It's getting better.

About 2 months ago, I had to turn my cordless phone around in my room so the light wouldn't shine directly towards me. :( Also I'm having a slight problem with my alarm C D player light. :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Carla,

I swear (though I can't remember who said it) I read here that the charcoal was somehow processed with coconut. Was it Vincent, maybe? :unsure:

Mtndog Collaborator
Carla,

I swear (though I can't remember who said it) I read here that the charcoal was somehow processed with coconut. Was it Vincent, maybe? :unsure:

Patti- I have shower gel with charcoal in it and it says that the charcoal (at least in this product) is made by heating coconut shells to a high temp. Don't know if that's tru of all charcoal.

Mia- You AMAZE me! For someone who has no appetite and no energy and is feeling crummy, you are doing some serious cooking! I know how crummy you feel (I think) and I am so impressed. I REALLY hope you get some answers and start to feel better soon. You're too sweet to suffer so much. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh yes- I too can't stand bright lights, have trouble with headlights at night and am even finding a lot of sun (and especialy heat!) unbearable. I am gonna be bumming if we have a hot/humid summer. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Carla,

I think it was Vincent...I think he even called someone about something. How's that for clarity. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

I haven't heard that one. I've heard martinis are like breasts ... one isn't enough and three are too many.

I read yours to Morgan. She was speechless ...

:lol:

Please tell Morgan that three martinis simply leads to tripping waiters, where on earth was her mind. :P:lol::lol:

Now I'm into my enjoy life chocolate chips. Oh, they have chocolate liquor in them not chocolate liqueur. Don't know if there is a difference though.

That's about as wild as I get Andrea. :) I never was much of a drinker so I don't miss it much. I have had one gluten free beer in the past few months and if the summer is as hot as yesterday was I may have another but just one.

OMG--this cracked me up--and it's only 8AM :lol:

Rinne--my daily diet very closely resembles yours :)

My GI told me to use charcoal--but I'm scared because of how filtered water affects me :unsure:

Glad to give you a giggle.

So your diet is like mine, are you avoiding all grains?

I have been reading along but posting less. I have been feeling bad and also jsut feeling reallly emotionally drained although thats probabally more of a reason to post becasue you guys always seem to make me feel bettter!!!

Miamia, sorry to hear that you have been feeling so drained. :(

Glad you know that Rachelville offers a remedy. :)

Yes, it's a very typical Lyme symptom. I'm not sure what else causes it.

For a while, I couldn't even have the cordless phone plugged in at night because of the light it put off ... I was very sensitive to light. It's getting better.

But wasn't it the coconut in the filtered water that bothered you? If so, I would think the charcoal would be okay.

If you don't want to use charcoal, what about chlorella?

Mia, good to hear from you ... sorry you're feeling crummy. I don't know how you find the motivation to prepare that food with no appetite!!! I make myself eat, but usually it's whatever's the easiest. That's why I always go to Wild Oats to buy lunch!

Lights bother me too.

What about taking clay instead of charcoal? <_< I think clay serves the same purpose, mopping up bad stuff, that's as scientific as I can get. :lol:

Quickly posting before I dingo everything again... This was the info I saw yesterday on the supplement I've been taking that explains a lot of my very recent D and I'm posting because

Donna, thanks for the information, is it available over the counter or is this through a doctor?

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, thanks for the information, is it available over the counter or is this through a doctor?

I buy it at my BioSET place...so I don't think it's over-the-counter in that sense...I think "practioners" sell it, but not sure they have to be licensed or anything. Their website has a section for practioners and for patients, but not sure about ordering or anything.

Scott the ART guy suggested this for me, and he has some supplements and such at Anna's place since he does his ART testing in her facility.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OK- I think we are going to have to put a time curfew on all you NUTS west of the Rockies. I go to sleep and wake up to like 99 gazillion posts covering everything from being molded to being under waiters and martinis equated with breasts!

Good God y'all!

:ph34r::lol: ...and somehow we get nuttier in the summer months.....baked brains? :lol:

Please tell Morgan that three martinis simply leads to tripping waiters, where on earth was her mind.

:lol::lol:

Mia - I echo what everyone else has said - cannot beLIEVE all the cooking and prep you do! Gosh, I have energy, adn all that stuff would wear me out.....so sorry you're not feeling well.

Morning all! Hope all who are not feeling great have a better day today.....

:)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
OK- I think we are going to have to put a time curfew on all you NUTS west of the Rockies. I go to sleep and wake up to like 99 gazillion posts covering everything from being molded to being under waiters and martinis equated with breasts!Good God y'all!

BEV...SO AGREE B):blink: GET SO BEHIND.... :( BUT YOU ALL ARE WORTH IT :lol:

YES!!!! I have a horrible time with bright lights, especially on the Freeway! And, it's really bad if there is a lot of traffic.

DONNA ..AFRAID TO DRIVE A NITE NOW. I CAN'T DO BRIGHT LIGHTS EITHER. ALOT OF US I GUESS

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SOLO...BEEN MEANING TO CHIME IN ON THAT.

Oh yes- I too can't stand bright lights, have trouble with headlights at night and am even finding a lot of sun (and especialy heat!) unbearable. I am gonna be bumming if we have a hot/humid summer. :(

ANOTHER ONE B) HOW ARE YOU FEELING TODAY.

HI PATTI...WHAT A MEMORY YOU HAVE AND YES, I THINK IT WAS VINCENT WHO SAID THAT.

WASN'T THAT HOW YOU FOUND THAT ABOUT THE WATER IN WATER COOLER.

YOU ALL AMAZE ME.............NO BRAIN FOG HERE :unsure: WELL.........MAYBE SOMETIMES. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Rinne--my daily diet very closely resembles yours :)

So we can add you to the rotation between Bev's and my house. :P

There is a difference--there's no alcohol in the chips. ;)

Good thing, too, or I'd be schnockered most of the time :DB)

I have been reading along but posting less. I have been feeling bad and also jsut feeling reallly emotionally drained although thats probabally more of a reason to post becasue you guys always seem to make me feel bettter!!!

Mia,

Hugs. :wub::wub: :wub

I don't know how you do everything you do on such little energy. Somehow I think you'd run circles around me now, let alone when you've gotten this lyme etc under control. :huh:

We won't even talk about how I started out the morning spilling my sample and trying to scoop it all back in the container. :ph34r: Trust me, herxing from the meds would only ADD to that experience.

:ph34r:

Thanks Donna. I've copied it just in case......for future reference.......as long as I don't forget where I put it. :P

I swear (though I can't remember who said it) I read here that the charcoal was somehow processed with coconut. Was it Vincent, maybe?

I know filters for water are coconut, know nothing about anything else with charcoal.

Please tell Morgan that three martinis simply leads to tripping waiters, where on earth was her mind. :P:lol:

:ph34r::lol: ...and somehow we get nuttier in the summer months.....baked brains? :lol:

Tis true. Must be something about nicer weather.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI ANDREA

JUST SAW YOU ON AND WANTED TO SAY 'HI'

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel do you have to stop the whey protein because of the casein and glutha something you are having problems with?

Lisa...I dont have to stop taking the whey protein. Its one of my more important supplements. I havent had any problems with it.

I'm not concerned about casein.....even some people who are intolerant to casein can have the whey protein w/out any problems. I dont have any major reactions to casein....I was eating ice cream for 8 months and didnt get any worse....except for feeding the candida.

The glutathione is something my Dr. doesnt want me to take right now based on the results of testing I just had done. I can take precursers to gluathione but not glutathione itself.

I've never taken glutathione. The Dr. has all of these things with her and it was something she tested to see if it would work for me....it didnt work well for me. She wants to retest it in 2 months after I've been on B12 and other things....so we might be adding in the glutathione later.

I take 2 things which are precursers to glutathione....the whey protein and the N.A.C.

Both of those are working well for me and my Dr. wants me to continue taking these....and increasing the dose.

Mtndog Collaborator

When reading about charcoal here, I was thinking. Potatoes always agree with me no matter how icky I feel (which lead to the racheling of the lay's for many months :ph34r:)

But my MIL pointed out that potatoes absorb the flavor of whatever you're cooking them in (like the salt in the water when you boil them). Not very scientific. Must do research!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- I believe Vincent called about water filters if my half-awake brain recalls correctly.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Does anyone have problems with lights and bright lights on the freeway at night. This is freaking me out! Blurry vision and such.

This was my absolute worst symptom during the first year I was sick. I still had my amalgams in at that time and this is when I was continuing to get poisoned.

Any kind of illness caused by neurotoxins can cause sensitivity to bright lights. It could be caused by mercury...or it could be caused by molds. It could also be caused by Lyme....lots of people with Lyme have the same problem.

After I got all my amalgams out this got better for me. The *only* time it gets really bad for me now is when I eat moldy foods. A couple weeks ago I ate a bag of sunflower seeds (which I knew was a bad choice) and had a really hard time driving that night....and for a couple days after that.

Major brainfog goes along with it.

During the first year I was sick I had to wear sunglasses at night...even in my house because the light from the TV or other things was causing me alot of pain. It got to the point where I couldnt drive at all.....not even during the day.

There was also alot of pain and pressure in my eyes....unbelievable pain.....the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. I had to wear a bandana over my eyes while I slept.

This was from the mercury and from my body getting more and more toxic from molds and also chemicals becuase I was still eating fast food and everything else. Its so much better now that the fillings are gone but I still have to avoid molds and chemicals or it does flare up again.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

I really don't know. Will chlorella work for you? What about Questran? It's a prescription that I take for detox. It absorbs everything.

SIX kids home from school ALL day????? :blink: Teenage son being the MOST exhausting! I told him that until he starts work he can work for two hours around here every day. I gave him a list of things to do. He did totally different things ... or so he claims ... now he's doing what I asked.

What is it with teenage boys?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel does gluten give you diarrhea and bloating and corn?

I dont get diarreah from corn....but I dont eat it because of other symptoms from mold.

Nothing really gives me diarreah...I have problems with constipation. I do get bloating from alot of foods....I try to avoid the foods that cause bloating. I dont eat gluten so I dont really know what it would do to me.....probably worsen constipation.

If I took vitamins or digestive enzymes (which both bother me) or continued to eat foods that are moldy....I would end up with loose stools....undigested foods and weight loss. Not usually diarreah though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Patti...my charcoal is 100% pure activated charcoal. Country Life brand.

It says its derived from vegetarian sources....so dont know exactly what that might be.

Its free of yeast, corn, wheat, soy, gluten, milk, sugar, starch, preservatives or artificial color.

I havent had any problems with it at all and I know I cant eat coconut.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
What is it with teenage boys?

Got 3,

PLEASE!!, if you find out....LET ME KNOW CARLA!!!!!.......

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear All,

Thank you for the compliments on my artwork! :) I appreciate it! I will try to put more up today. Hopefully, I will get caught up in my school work soon! Then I can get back to working on my comicbook! Plus, I have some anime I would like to work on as well!

Dear Julie,

How are you today? I have been hoping to see a new post from you. Have you started any of the new supplements yet? That naturopath seems to have a good idea of what could help you. Keep us posted! ;)

Dear Rinne, Rachel, tom, Carla, and Alison,

That is good news to hear that you were able to stop the java. I know if everyone else has been able to do it, I could! This is tough. I think it is the taste I will miss most actually, along with the buzz! I do like green tea, but it does not give me the kick I need! :lol:

I was drinking it instead of coffee for a while, but my tea ball has gone missing! :o I am sure someone around here has them! It certainly grooves with my Asian soul! I do not drink tons of coffee, usually two cups is my maximum. I am not like my father where I drink like two pots a day!

Dear Rinne,

I love what you said about the martinis! :lol: That reminds me of something I saw on a t-shirt. It says "One taquila, two taquila, three taquila, floor! :lol: I am not a drinker either. I get terrible burning in my stomach from two lousy sips of a margarita! :blink: The rest of the alcoholic beverages are disgusting, because I hate the taste of the stuff!

Dear Patti,

I remember reading about the charcoal having coconut in it as well. I think it was on a thread about water filters. It was quite some time ago. This was maybe 2 or 3 months ago. This is so confusing! You just never know where things will pop up, will you?

Dear Mia,

I am so sorry you are feeling bad. :( I have been having a rough time of it, too. However, I am always hungry it seems instead! The food you were talking about sounds very good! I like smoked salmon!

Dear Carla,

I have reduced my sugar intake. I am doing much better with it. I am not sugar-free, though. I have noticed when I eat potatoes I do not crave the sugar as badly. Probably because it converts to sugar in the body. It still feeds the yeast.

I am taking baby steps. I do not want to do too much at once. If I do, I might not notice what is helping. I am laughing at what Morgan thought about "being under the waiter" after martinis! :lol: That kid of yours has a sick mind! :lol: Oh, and I agree that martinis are classy. ;)

Dear Lisa,

That is so strange about the Pringles and the D! It could be you accidentally inhaled Pringle dust. Gluten can linger in the air. Flour can accidentally be ingested if breathed in. Maybe that is what happened with the Pringles.

Dear Rachel, Judy, and Alison,

I know she did not do the TSH panel. That is odd. My last doctor did that one. That is probably what made the hyperactivity show up before. There is no goiter, just Thyroid tissue that is swollen. I can thump it and make noise! :lol:

Dear Carla, Bev, Rachel, Rinne, Donna, and Lisa,

I am very sensitive to light as well. Sound also bothers me a lot. I jump at the sound of the phone a lot of the time. I never used to be that way. Everything just seems so loud now! Is anyone else like this?

Dear Rachel,

Yay! Your sauna is here! How did it go? Were you nice and sweaty? :P I think I would not be able to tolerate a sauna. Maybe one day I could!

Dear tom,

It really is scary how there is so much hidden sugar in food and beverages. Most people have no idea what they take in on a daily basis. When you begin reading labels, it is really scary! My brother is much more addicted to sugar than I am. He actually ate a slice of one of those huge cookies he got my mother for Mother's Day that was the size of a slice of pizza. Then, he at a huge piece of strawberry pie with cream (it filled the entire bowl) and had 2 glasses of sugary Arizona Peach Tea! :o I would be sick if I ate that much sugar.

Dear Donna,

I cannot sing worth anything in a group. I have to be by myself. I cannot hear anything but everyone around me, which makes it hard for me to keep in tune. I would be terrible in a church choir. Solos would be more of my thing, if I did not have such stage fright.

All of that information about neutraceuticals is interesting. You always expect to take your supplements with food. It seems some of them do not do their job properly if you do. A lot of the time, instructions on the package tell you to take them with food. I thought that was the case with probiotics, but I have heard so many people say that they work better on an empty stomach. Maybe that is why I am having such a rough time.

Dear Susie,

I can just see your dingos going after that sauna! :lol: It will be taking off, and they will bound after it! That would be so funny! Rachel's sauna sounds so alien-like! I wonder what it looks like.

I love your new avatar. When did you paint this? Did you use a picture or anything? Or did you just adlib it? The swirly look in the hair is really awesome!

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. My new avatar is Wolverine from X-Men.

jmengert Enthusiast

Hi, Jin--Thanks for asking! I'm doing better, actually. However, it's weird...my doctor asked me to go off my vitamin (a multivitamin from GNC) for a week to see if things improve. And, for the first time in *ages* I have not gone to the bathroom in a day and a half, which for me is thrilling, considering I usually go 4 times a day, all diarrhea.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I'm not going to try the other supplements until I see if this is what it is and what my next bowel movement looks like (or how many there are)--ew, I know.

Anyone else have a problem with vitamins, or why that may be the case?

My next goal is to start the probiotics, but I know that some people on here have problems with them, so I'm nervous. We'll see.

Rachel, how did the sauna go? I'm eager to hear!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Dear Rinne, Rachel, tom, Carla, and Alison,

That is good news to hear that you were able to stop the java. I know if everyone else has been able to do it, I could! This is tough. I think it is the taste I will miss most actually, along with the buzz! I do like green tea, but it does not give me the kick I need! :lol:

No, not me, I drink it daily. Gave up everything else though!

I am laughing at what Morgan thought about "being under the waiter" after martinis! :lol: That kid of yours has a sick mind! :lol:

I think that what Morgan thought WAS the intent of the joke! ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, how did that sauna go? Did you survive????

I actually didnt get to sit in the space ship last night. :P

The reason is this....

NOTE: If you are highly chemical sensitive, you may temporarily react to the material is sauna is made from.

It is recommended that you turn on and run this sauna for 2-4 cycles before using.

So yeah....I decided I did not want to sit in the sauna and rachel the fumes. ;)

It didnt smell too bad but I'm gonna follow the directions and run it about 3 or 4 more cycles before trying it out. I did run it last night and it got really hot inside. Its even got a foot pad that heats up. :D

I agree Mia.....you're making the best out of this situation you're in. Still taking the time to prepare good meals that you can enjoy...I'm impressed too. :)

Sorry you're not feeling well though. :(

Are you still scheduled to see the new Dr.'s next month?

Please tell Morgan that three martinis simply leads to tripping waiters, where on earth was her mind. :P:lol::lol:

ROFL

Rinne....you are too much. :lol:

SIX kids home from school ALL day????? :blink: Teenage son being the MOST exhausting!

HEINOUS!!

I actually always thought it was the teenage girls who were the most difficult?? :unsure:

Or maybe that was just my mom's experience. :ph34r:

I got BioSET today.....first appt. in more than a month. :)

I think next week I see Dr. S.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Hi, Jin--Thanks for asking! I'm doing better, actually. However, it's weird...my doctor asked me to go off my vitamin (a multivitamin from GNC) for a week to see if things improve. And, for the first time in *ages* I have not gone to the bathroom in a day and a half, which for me is thrilling, considering I usually go 4 times a day, all diarrhea.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I'm not going to try the other supplements until I see if this is what it is and what my next bowel movement looks like (or how many there are)--ew, I know.

Anyone else have a problem with vitamins, or why that may be the case?

My next goal is to start the probiotics, but I know that some people on here have problems with them, so I'm nervous. We'll see.

Rachel, how did the sauna go? I'm eager to hear!

Dear Julie,

That is wonderful news! ;) I am so glad you are feeling better already! Maybe there was something in that supplement that is irritating your stomach. I cannot tolerate anything with iron. Does yours have iron? It always nauseated me and gave me the runs.

Do not worry about the probiotics. They are not bad. I take them. Probiotics certainly make a difference for me! When I forgot them, I was more nauseated than normal. After I took them again, I felt a little better.

Dear Andrea,

I do not know how Mia does it, either. I barely can get myself off of the sofa sometimes. Other days, I get a lot done. I have to limit my activity, though. If I overdo it, I will feel it later in the day. I will ache all over, and be very queasy. I am like Carla, I do what is easiest when I can! :lol:

Dear Bev,

Are you feeling any better today? That herx should be winding down a bit now. They take a few days at least. Carla said they can take a while at times. I hope you see some improvement soon.

Dear Nikki,

Three teenage boys?! :o You poor woman! How on Earth do you deal with that? You are lucky to have any sanity!

I think I would have gone crazy!

Dear Rachel,

You mentioned the Lyme Diet a while back. What does that consist of? Can you provide a link? I am curious about this. I had no idea there was a Lyme Diet.

Sincerely,

Jin

Archived