This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor
Do Tostitos really have a long ingredient list? Normally corn chips are just corn, oil, and salt ... or maybe that's just the ones I buy. :rolleyes: (There, just try to figure out what I mean! :lol: ).

Gah! It felt like I only needed to go as far as "Do Tostitos really" and already was ready for the embarrassed emoticon! (which, if any emoticon-adding is done here, really needs to be first)

Somehow I was thinking DORitos :blink:

I know I TYPED Tostitos. In my mind I DID picture round ones - not isosceles (& occasionally equilateral) triangles.

Hehe Carla, I think I knew exactly what u mean.

I just don't know WHAT I was thinking - Tostitos aren't the chemically-flavored-giant-ingred-list chip I was railing against!!

(W/ apologies to Emily) "My bad!" :(

:lol:

Sarah! Mmmm cheesy salsa! & sour cream!! & goggles!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor
:lol: :lol:

Yes . ... ..sometimes my posts are for my own amusement only.

And yes, definitely no Joey in me.

Strangely, multiple strangers have said I looked like Woody Harrelson, tho that's when I'm less underweight than now.

And how's THIS for a fun moment!! I got CARDED at WhFds buying some Redbridge!! :D (fyi to the newer, I'm 36 . .. . .no wait .. . I'm 45 but want to THINK I'm 36!) :rolleyes:

There's a realgood chance I have SHIRTS older than the clerk! :o

Off to the Gordon Biersch brewpub w/ bands on heated patio!! ;)

<bah . .. .do I drink water or wine .. . .>

I had the pleasure of rubbing shoulders with Tom during lunch.....and quite a handsome Woodly Harrelson he was (is)!

(Sorry guys...Now, he'll act like a genuine tamponhead, with a stuck up attitude and a swelled ego)

Jestgar Rising Star
(Sorry guys...Now, he'll act like a genuine tamponhead, with a stuck up attitude and a swelled ego)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Omg too funny!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol: GOOSEY!!!! there she is, reading along quietly, and then BAM!! tamponhead! :lol:

Hope you POOP in more often. ;)

Just had a little chuckle, and it must be noted, thinking about Jin's omnivorous and dangerous hair.

:lol:

okay. Feeling like a dullard again today but MUCH MUCH better day then yesterday - was it the nutella?

:huh:

Anyone watch The Office?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks a lot, Lisa, now we have his ego to deal with!! :lol::lol:

OMGosh, what a day!!!!

Eldest is home sick, has the SAT tomorrow at a University that I don't even know how to get to and he has to be there at 7:45 AM ....

Other turd for brains son left a bag for donuts in the family room, he's not allowed to go buy donuts (we live downtown around the corner from the donut shop), so I go to the store and find out he and his sister have been there twice this week ... the lady is not going to sell them donuts anymore. :D

Then, I go to Kroger, I buy paper towels and bottled water, check out, and NO CAR KEYS!!!! I looked with the help of the staff for 45 minutes ... we even emptied the trash can THREE times. They are not there. Someone had to drive me home to get my spare key ... all the keys to our vacant rental house are on that keychain. I have NO idea where it is ... someone must have picked them up then forgotten to turn them in.

I think I want to take an Ambien and skip ahead till tomorrow.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Well...we could then make him into a lovely craft...

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa said "tampon head" :lol::lol:

Heinous day, Carla :( But you said "turd for brains" :P

If I ever decide to move again--will someone please come and hit me upside of my head--PLEASE! :blink:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Anyone watch The Office?

Well I can't, it is on at the same time as Grey's!! :angry: And I am furious, because I LOVE that show, and watched it until this season. harrumph!

Grey's - a little bit better last night, maybe? and yet the same things are annoying me....

and SPEAKING of annoying - - Addison's new show - - oh my gaaaaaaaawd. I can't STAND it....and yet - - I watch it - - - :ph34r::ph34r:

carla - heinous day indeed!

Patti - - - moving - - oh my gawd - - had to do it twice in one year, in 2004, the most HEINOUS year of my life. (remember, moved home from Monterey to House of Terror :ph34r: and then moved to parents' for three months, and then sold and packed up HOT and moved here).

tom Contributor
Actually, maybe he does. Has anyone here actually seen Tom?

Hehe I'm quite proud to be able to say I've met SEVEN forum members in person. :)

So far . . . ... ..

I'll get t' ALL y'all eventually . .. .just you wait. :lol:

Oh!! Maybe it's 8! A french chick at a WhF celiac mtg might count! :unsure: Prob not since she hasn't posted. :(

Ridgewalker Contributor
I had the pleasure of rubbing shoulders with Tom during lunch.....and quite a handsome Woodly Harrelson he was (is)!

:lol::lol::lol: Now that tickled me, I snorted my Diet Coke!

Reading this thread while anything is heading toward my mouth is dangerous!

Carla, ugggghhh, how hideous! Definitely a day worth putting on fast forward :(

-Sarah

CarlaB Enthusiast
If I ever decide to move again--will someone please come and hit me upside of my head--PLEASE! :blink:

Then be sure you like your new kitchen ... remodeling a kitchen is almost as bad as moving! <_<

Grey's - a little bit better last night, maybe? and yet the same things are annoying me....

and SPEAKING of annoying - - Addison's new show - - oh my gaaaaaaaawd. I can't STAND it....and yet - - I watch it - - - :ph34r::ph34r:

A little better, but still can't buy the love story ... in fact, there are really no interesting love stories this year ... and What's his face's mom seemed like the shrink for everyone this week, sure was convenient that she was waiting around for so long. They're really going to need to put McSteamy in a towel again to redeem themselves.

I'm actually liking Addison's show better.

I was supposed to pick up turd for brains from school today to drive him to a youth group meeting. Well, the school is less than a mile from home and a safe walk ... when I didn't show up, he called .... I asked what he had for breakfast ... long pause ... donuts ... "Then enjoy the walk home!" LOL

Then be sure you like your new kitchen ... remodeling a kitchen is almost as bad as moving! <_<

A little better, but still can't buy the love story ... in fact, there are really no interesting love stories this year ... and What's his face's mom seemed like the shrink for everyone this week, sure was convenient that she was waiting around for so long. They're really going to need to put McSteamy in a towel again to redeem themselves.

I'm actually liking Addison's show better.

I was supposed to pick up turd for brains from school today to drive him to a youth group meeting. Well, the school is less than a mile from home and a safe walk ... when I didn't show up, he called .... I asked what he had for breakfast ... long pause ... donuts ... "Then enjoy the walk home!" LOL

ohh Carla, never a dull day at your home :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
ohh Carla, never a dull day at your home :)

That's why I have to spend the day in my room when I feel bad.

Time to head out of work, see all you clowns later :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Funny you should say that! We found a house that we loved but the kitchen was going to need a complete re-do. I had in my mind exactly the way I was going to have it done. We were all set to make an offer when......

We looked at "one last house" last Sunday....Well....we walked into this house that we ended up buying, and--I swear--it has the same kitchen I had envisioned! The present owner is a builder, and had actually re-done the whole house, but when I walked into that kitchen, I almost dropped my teeth :lol:

I must say, I was not looking forward to a kitchen remodel, so this worked out perfectly. I know a little of what you're going through as my sister and her husband re-did their kitchen last year. I hope yours doesn't take as long as hers did. It was worth it, though--it's georgeous.

jerseyangel Proficient
Time to head out of work, see all you clowns later :)

Glad work is over for you today, Amanda. I know it's been a trying week for you.

Have a nice weekend :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Patti, I'm so glad you found the RIGHT house with the PERFECT kitchen!!! That's even better than a good haircut! :D And, previously owned by a builder, it should be in great shape.

Our kitchen is supposed to take 7 weeks. Judging by the first week, I think he's probably right on with the timing. The guy we settled on seems to be everything we thought he was, very professional. I really can't believe how quickly he ripped it out.

Our house is a historic home, so it's totally worth it to have it remodeled. I have a microwave and a hot plate (to boil water, only) in my dining room and a refrigerator hidden in a hallway, so we can heat up already prepared food. This week's been great because some friends have brought over dinner all week ... not because of my kitchen, but because I've been feeling so bad and Adam's been out of town 3 weeks in a row.

I'll put a picture up of my house tomorrow on my personal profile. I'll just leave it there for a few hours (not a good idea on the internet, right? ;)). So, be sure to look tomorrow.

elye Community Regular

Two years ago we didn't just remodel our kitchen, we MOVED it to another part of the house! :o Mygawd, that was big...and messy and scary!!

elye Community Regular

Oops, double post...apopogies...

CarlaB Enthusiast
Two years ago we didn't just remodel our kitchen, we MOVED it to another part of the house! :o Mygawd, that was big...and messy and scary!!

We talked about doing that ... mainly because then we could still use the old kitchen till we got the new one done. :) But in the end, we decided the room it was in was the best room. The other room was too small and had too many doors and windows. Our house is all windows!

CarlaB Enthusiast

<----------- new avatar

jerseyangel Proficient
<----------- new avatar

It looks like they've gotten it cleared out in good order--what's the next step?

I'm so happy I don't have to go the microwave/hot plate route like I had planned :P Here's hoping it all stays on schedule, and you'll have the new kitchen for the holidays. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

They do have it all out. It looks so much bigger with the bulkhead and cabinets removed. That light green color was NOT part of our kitchen, it's from before the 1960's ... it was all covered by the bulkhead and cabinets.

The next step is having the electrician and plumber out. Then the drywall and flooring. He was doing a lot of the framing today, which isn't shown in the pictures, it's on the other side of the kitchen.

Archived