This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast
:o

Oh my Loooooooooooooooooooord!

I am sitting here typing away, mindin' my own bidness.......the news is on in the background and there is a NEWS FLASH........

and inmate has escaped from his work crew about one mile from my house....I wonder if I should go walking in the orchard today? :lol: I think I will.......a little extra excitement.

:lol:

carry on.

good grief, I'm just talking to myself here today. :blink:

Perhaps it's somebody you know . . . that you have typed a report on . . .

Take those vicious dingos of yours, just in case.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Perhaps it's somebody you know . . . that you have typed a report on . . .

Yes, that thought had in fact occurred to me.........

:blink:

although I think these guys are from the county jail and not from the prison.....but you never know.

I've put my zombie man up, just for.......well I don't really know why. Just missed him, I guess. :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Boy a very exciting Day in the Dingo Neighborhood!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

I'm going to do an informal poll . . . let me know what you think.

My aunt and uncle have a house on a lake in Tennessee (they live in New York). For the past 6 years we have vacationed in SC at the beach with another family. The thinking is to do something different this year. I volunteered to ask my aunt & uncle if we could use their lake house. Before I got around to asking, my uncle ended up in the hospital and had quintupal (?) bypass surgery. How long should I wait to ask? Does this sound bad?

Hey, Uncle Mike, how are you feeling? Can we use your lake house?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

a quintuple, you say? good Lord......

Um, I have no idea.

Oh, I know!!!!!! :rolleyes: I'll call him and ask, but ONLY if I can come to Lake Tennessee also (um my dad spent his boyhood in Tenn. BTW)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

hmm tough question. When did he have the surgery? How close are you with these relatives? and finally Can Susie and I come stay at the Lake house too?

Darn210 Enthusiast

a quintuple, you say? good Lord......

Um, I have no idea.

Oh, I know!!!!!! :rolleyes: I'll call him and ask, but ONLY if I can come to Lake Tennessee also (um my dad spent his boyhood in Tenn. BTW)

You're On!!!! It's nothing fancy but 'tis on the water. It's close to Knoxville. Where 'bouts did your dad live? Oh . . . just thought of something. I need to warn the other family that dogs have been there. They are allergic - all three of them (but only one somewhat severly). Blast it, I think that might be a deal breaker! You better hold of calling until I check. You could still call just to see how he's recovering from surgery . . .

Here's the weird/creepy part about it all. My dad and his sister both had heart attacks and bypass surgeries withing two weeks of each other. Their father died of a heart attack at the age of 48/49. A couple of years later my dad has a stroke (blocked carotid artery). A couple of weeks after that, his sister went in and explained her family health history. They scanned her (not sure what test that was) and found her carotid artery 97% blocked and told her she was a stroke waiting to happen. She had some preventive roter-rooting done. Now my uncle is the age that my dad was when he had his heart surgery . . . methinks it's time to get his carotid checked, too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
OMG Nikki - - last night - - for the first time ever - - I watched Helen Mirren in "Prime Suspect" - - UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I happened to switch to Masterpiece Theatre because Desperate Housewives is in reruns - and thank God - this is now my new favorite show!!!!!!!! anyone else seen it?

OMG!!!!!

I have seen everyone of them -they ARE EXCELLENT!!!!

Love, love love Helen Mirren's character 'Jane Tennyson' ......she kicks butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......and Helen Mirren - did you know she grew up near where I live?? She looks FAB - REFUSES to have any plastic surgery......(as do I ;):lol: )

Oooops - Sorry - Carry on everyone :lol:

....and drugs for other things, such as my back, this summer. But, I guess I thought I was funnier than everyone else did on Saturday..............when my neck was out.......dear gawd, what did I write on here? too askeert to go back.....I WAS having quite a good time by myself, though........ :blink::lol:

Oh dear GAWD - THE DRUGS!!!!

It's just drugs, drugs and more drugs :wacko:

Ughh...is it nap time yet? My whole office could use a nap.

Yes - NOW - Do it now Amanda while it's quiet ;)

good grief, I'm just talking to myself here today. :blink:

:lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
hmm tough question. When did he have the surgery? How close are you with these relatives? and finally Can Susie and I come stay at the Lake house too?

YAY! Amanda, you're paying for my plane ticket, right? ;)

You're On!!!! It's nothing fancy but 'tis on the water. It's close to Knoxville. Where 'bouts did your dad live? Oh . . . just thought of something. I need to warn the other family that dogs have been there. They are allergic - all three of them (but only one somewhat severly). Blast it, I think that might be a deal breaker! You better hold of calling until I check. You could still call just to see how he's recovering from surgery . . .

Um, ahem, excuse me, you DO know I'm bringing the dingos........ :D

OMG!!!!!

I have seen everyone of them -they ARE EXCELLENT!!!!

Love, love love Helen Mirren's character 'Jane Tennyson' ......she kicks butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......and Helen Mirren - did you know she grew up near where I live?? She looks FAB - REFUSES to have any plastic surgery......(as do I ;):lol: )

Oooops - Sorry - Carry on everyone :lol:

I LOVE Helen Mirren and her non-surgery!!!!!! she is of Russian lineage, BTW. Maybe even full Russian? and she grew up near you? Oh! You must invite her over for tea with teh little people!

Now must look into trying to rent all of these episodes. My friend cracked up....I NEVER EVER watch CSI or anything of that ilk, which she pointed out to me......happened to turn this programME on last night....was transfixed beyond belief.....it was the first half of the final episode......and I wasn't even reading ANYTHING - no magazine or book in hand.........just STARING, riveted to the TV. Unprecedented........:blink:

Oh dear GAWD - THE DRUGS!!!!

It's just drugs, drugs and more drugs :wacko:

*snort*

JANET!!!!! What about YOU? do you need your carotid artery checked out? :o

OMG - my perfect, Stepford neighbor just did another of her famous POP-INs...........

grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! :angry: I ignored it - the dogs kept barking and barking as she kept knocking........

what am I going to do about this??????????

Janet - my dad was born in Chatanooga - lived there and Nashville.

I really think I should be living in Nashville............

tom Contributor

Oh my Loooooooooooooooooooord!

I am sitting here typing away, mindin' my own bidness.......the news is on in the background and there is a NEWS FLASH........

and inmate has escaped from his work crew about one mile from my house....I wonder if I should go walking in the orchard today? :lol: I think I will.......a little extra excitement.

Aha! :lol: I KNEW when I saw the return of zombie-man something must be up!

Take those vicious dingos of yours, just in case.

"Take" 'em? I think orchard walk = dingo walk.

Now, taking along The Skullcrusher w/ a chance at actually USING it properly sounds fun!!

<cracking walnuts does so NOT count!!>

I've put my zombie man up, just for.......well I don't really know why. Just missed him, I guess. :lol:

:lol:

Yes very tough question.

And I Volunteer to call too if it might lead to Lakeside housing in Tennessee!!

(the fishin' any good? mmmm catch, eat!)

P.S. <hands rubbing together as a plan forms - not the diabolical-type of rubbing, just anticipatory>

I'm meeting ANDREA on Thurs or Fri!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Darn210 Enthusiast
P.S. <hands rubbing together as a plan forms - not the diabolical-type of rubbing, just anticipatory>

I'm meeting ANDREA on Thurs or Fri!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

WAIT!!!!!! Do WE know Andrea???? Is this someone from before I arrived???? Is this someone from another thread???? Is this someone you MET . . . Say at the PARTAY!!!

Carla's right . . . you're a tease!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

So I see this quoted in one of Susie's posts and say . . . Where the Hell did that come from? . . . I never saw that!!!!

Yes, Yes, everyone can come if this other family backs out as predicted. And if they don't . . . Well, dang, it's gonna get crowded but WTH. Now for the tough answers . . . his surgery was last Monday. He is still in the hospital with some complications - fibrillation issues. Same thing happened to my dad :ph34r:

elye Community Regular
Oh, I know!!!!!! :rolleyes: I'll call him and ask, but ONLY if I can come to Lake Tennessee also.

I can call, too! Or my dad can, in any voice you choose...Dalai Lama, Russian spy, Ella Fitzgerald...I wanna see Lake Tennessee! And I"ll be sure to bring the Twister game, and we can decide on whether or not to involve the beer-balancing option...

:lol::lol:

OMG - my perfect, Stepford neighbor just did another of her famous POP-INs...........

what am I going to do about this??????????

You shall take a couple of your wonderful muscle relaxants when you feel certain that said neighboUr will be by, and then answer her frantic knocking. Everything she says will seem hysterically funny, you will be wetting your pants laughing, and y'know, she may not be back... :)

And I Volunteer to call too if it might lead to Lakeside housing in Tennessee!!

What's your Twister game like, Tom? :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Andrea is AndreaB on here--she posts mostly in the OMG I Might Be On To Something thread and is a C.C moderator.

I wish I could meet her and Tom face to face, too :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Susie--

The pop in!!!

I'm with Seinfeld, in that I hate the pop in :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
You shall take a couple of your wonderful muscle relaxants when you feel certain that said neighboUr will be by, and then answer her frantic knocking. Everything she says will seem hysterically funny, you will be wetting your pants laughing, and y'know, she may not be back... :)

:lol: excellent.........perhaps also, I know, I"ll also leave a Twister game out on the floor at all times, with several empty beer bottles strewn about and ask her if she wants to play!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh Susie--

The pop in!!!

:angry:

she is the ONLY one in this 'hood who does it!!!!!!!!!!!! I know she doesn't quite know how to fit me into her schemata of normalcy....I just wish she would STOP the pop-ins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's leaving for 10 days and I'm taking care of her dog......YAY!!!!!!!!!!! (money PLUS privacy)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Call and check in on him .... later call and ask about the lake house.

WAIT!!!!!! Do WE know Andrea???? Is this someone from before I arrived???? Is this someone from another thread???? Is this someone you MET . . . Say at the PARTAY!!!

Andrea keeps us all in line on the OMG thread. She keeps track of our appts. our test results, and our mood, or whatever else needs taken care of. :)

Oh, and I just got word from another grammar-head that we can now end a sentence in a preposition according to either the Oxford English Dictionary or the Chicago Manual of Style. The reason is that it's become the common way of talking .... the other way sounds funny .... language evolves.

Yes, Yes, everyone can come if this other family backs out as predicted.

You do know I have SIX kids and live close to Tennessee, right? :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, I LOVE drop-ins! I live right in the downtown of our little town .... everyone knows they are welcome at any time, and if I don't feel good, I may still be in my jammies.

The only problem is, I haven't reconnected with many since moving back a year ago and being sick, so no one really pops in ... but it's so well-known that it's welcome that I've even had a seminarian stop in and ask me if I had any dinner leftover or a peanut butter sandwich .... it was about 9PM (this was someone I did a lot of youth work with). I love it.

Once in Indiana when I was a member of a quintet, I got the times mixed up and wasn't home yet .... I was about 20 minutes late, so by the time I got there, they were already all set up in my family room .... had moved chairs from the dining room ... we always left our door unlocked (I know this is a foreign concept to you Californians!).

So, anytime, just stop by!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh, and I just got word from another grammar-head that we can now end a sentence in a preposition according to either the Oxford English Dictionary or the Chicago Manual of Style. The reason is that it's become the common way of talking .... the other way sounds funny .... language evolves.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

THIS IS EGREGIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up with that I will not put. PSHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom Contributor

:lol: not this time! I suppose I could've written AndreaB, but it would've messed up my all-CAPS Andrea.

Thank you Patti for clearing it up sooner. :)

I'm going to my sister's for a Portland xmas w/ her and her 2 boys, 8 & 4. FUN FUN FUN!!

I fly Wed, and figured it'd be great to meet Andrea while up there.

She'll be my .. ....hmmm .. .. .9th forum member met in-person? 8th? Arrrgh time to add 'em up ag'in.

Ok, 8th, if I didnt miss anyone. :P:)

Darn210 Enthusiast
I fly Wed, and figured it'd be great to meet Andrea while up there.

She'll be my .. ....hmmm .. .. .9th forum member met in-person? 8th? Arrrgh time to add 'em up ag'in.

Ok, 8th, if I didnt miss anyone. :P:)

So who have you met so far . . . I know momma goose, broncobux . . . soon to be Andrea

Hey Carla, want to meet me half-way in Batesville, IN?

Darn210 Enthusiast
Up with that I will not put.

Susie, have you noticed that you sound like Yoda?

tom Contributor
Oh Susie--

The pop in!!!

Ah but the disagreeability of the Seinfeldian pop-in far exceeds the neighboUrly pop-in (pssst susie missed the U earlier & I'm a tattletale :P ).

The been-on-a-date-or-3 pop-in is in an entire different leeeeeaaaaaaaague, imho.

<how'd that 'h' get in there?>

Just the fact that the dating popper-inner ( :lol: ) went out of his or her way is a grand distinction.

(Oops! loophole for those of YOU who date neighbours :lol: ) <timeout .. . .still chuckling>

I didn't mind neighboUr pop-ins when I had neighbours I liked.

Been awhile.

Too many years as a virtual shut-in. :(

Just back from T-joe's where the checkout guy said "Welcome Back!"

I quizzically eye him and say "Really? You remember ME?"

He says "I'm sure I've seen you before".

So while it's a pretty safe assumption that ppl at T-Joe's HAVE been there before, I barely recognize mySELF right now, as only a couple hrs ago I had ~3-4 lbs of hedgehog removed. Yes, a haircut after letting it get longer than it's been in years.

Just walking up to the car and seeing a short-haired bloke's reflection in the window makes me think I'm not alone!!

jerseyangel Proficient

So, Tom got his ears lowered :lol:

Just never been a fan of the pop-in. Sounds nice, in theory, but I like to be prepared. Must be all the years of having unpredictible (nice way to put it) bathroom habits. <_<

Hey--maybe now I could actually enjoy such an impromptu visit.....

Jestgar Rising Star
Hey--maybe now I could actually enjoy such an impromptu visit.....

Or conduct one

Archived