This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Emily!!!

<insert Alex's confetti here>

oh . . . wait . . . be right back!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:):lol::D:):lol::D:):lol::D

Hope it's the greatest day EVAH!!!!!!!!

I'm stealin' P

Mtndog Collaborator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pahty hahd fer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Sponge Bob :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Emily!!!

Here is the requisite celebratory confetti:

o O`0 o . o O . 0 0 ` o

` 0 0 . o 0 ' o ` O o

o ` 0 o O ' o . o ` 0

0 O o ` 0 . ` o 0

0 o O ` o . 0 0 `

` o . 0 0 ' O o O

o ` o o 0 . ` o

O 0 . 0 O `0

o `. 0 o . O

I'm a SpongeBob with tendancies toward Charlie Brown depending on how I answer two of the ten questions.

tom Contributor

[Edit: d'oh!! Gian-knit beat me to confetti-ville]

Happy Birthday Emily!!!

<insert Alex's confetti here>

[Okey-doke]

` 0 O o . 0`

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

oh . . . wait . . . be right back!!!

` 0 O o . 0`

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o ` 0 O o . 0`

.0 o 0` o` o . 0 o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o ` 0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

` 0 O o . 0` .0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o ` ` 0 O o . 0`

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

jerseyangel Proficient
Syracuse is about a four-hour drive from here, exclusive of delay time at the border.

Take I-90 west to I-290 to I-190 north and cross at Queenston/Lewiston. Then take Hwy 405 to the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW). Follow the QEW around the west end of the lake, then take Hwy 403 to Hwy 401 East. Get off at Yonge St, and go south 1.8 miles and turn right at the lights where Pizzaville is. It's the pet store on your left, right after you turn. Free parking on site. ;)

But we're 4-4 1/2 from Syracuse :(<_< <whinephace> (Mark used that as a vantage point, since that's our hometown) You are going to have such a hoot--Em is exactly like she is here--just the loveliest, smartest, phunniest goil! :rolleyes: Have yer camera ready.......

P
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Yup, me, too. Well, it's my birthday and I wanna be SNOOPY SOOOO bad..........therefore, I am going to change my answers in accordance with a Snoopy personality.

:lol:

I AM a Snoopy! but.......he seems cheerier than I am, so that can't be right..... <_<

HAPPY BIRFDAY EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have some absinthe, will ya?

:) :) :) :) :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator

Uncle ray has a birthday joke for you!

Always get a Second Opinion

Second Opinion!

The doctor said, 'Joe, the good news is I can cure your headaches. The

bad news is that it will require castration.

You have a very rare condition, which causes your testicles to press

on your spine and the pressure creates one hell of a headache. The

only way to relieve the pressure is to remove the testicles.'

Joe was shocked and depressed. He wondered if he had anything to live

for. He had no choice but to go under the knife. When he left the

hospital, he was without a headache for the first time in 20 years,

but he felt like he was missing an important part of himself. As he

walked down the street, he realized that he felt like a different

person. He could make a new beginning and live a new life.

He saw a men's clothing store and thought, 'That's what I need... A

new

suit.'

He entered the shop and told the salesman, 'I'd like a new suit.'

The elderly tailor eye d him briefly and said, 'Let's see... size 44

long.'

Joe laughed, 'That's right, how did you know?'

'Been in the business 60 years!' the tailor said.

Joe tried on the suit it fit perfectly.

As Joe admired himself in the mirror, the salesman asked, 'How about a

new shirt?'

Joe thought for a moment and then said, 'Sure.'

The salesman eyed Joe and said, 'Let's see, 34 sleeves and 16-1/2

neck.'

Joe was surprised, 'That's right, how did you know?'

'Been in the business 60 years.'

Joe tried on the shirt and it fit perfectly.

Joe walked comfortably around the shop and the salesman asked, 'How

about some new underwear?'

Joe thought for a moment and said, 'Sure.'

The salesman said, 'Let's see... size 36.

Joe laughed, 'Ah ha! I got you! I've worn a size 34 since I was 18

years

old.'

The salesman shook his head, 'You can't wear a size 34. A size 34

would press your testicles up against the base of your spine and give

you one hell of a headache.'

New suit - $400

New shirt - $36

New underwear - $6

Second Opinion - PRICELESS

jerseyangel Proficient
Second Opinion - PRICELESS

:lol: Now THATS phunny! :lol:

~alex~ Explorer
` 0 O o . 0`

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

Hey, this looks like a side profile of Snoopy!

Bonne f

jerseyangel Proficient

Yes!! Snoopy sticking out his tongue! :P

elye Community Regular
Take I-90 west to I-290 to I-190 north and cross at Queenston/Lewiston. Then take Hwy 405 to the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW). Follow the QEW around the west end of the lake, then take Hwy 403 to Hwy 401 East. Get off at Yonge St, and go south 1.8 miles and turn right at the lights where Pizzaville is. It's the pet store on your left, right after you turn. Free parking on site.

Mygawd, these directions are easier than the ones we have for getting from the ferry docks to your store, POeter! :lol: Patti, it sounds so easy and close - - COME!! :)B)

` 0 O o . 0`

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

.0 o 0` o` o . 0

o. o O . `o o`

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

0. ` o .o`0 O . o `

0 ` o . 0 . `0 O . o

I know how finicky a rendering of truly great confetti is - -thanks for dis, Ptaoughmghmnous!

have some absinthe, will ya?

Yyyyyeeeesssss......I must have a wee tipple this evening. . . though it is high in sugar. . . . :angry:

Note to self: Extra insulin @5 pm

The kids have apparently made me a gluten-free cake. We'll see how that went. .. . .. :rolleyes:

One of my students this afternoon told me that, as I am a Scorpio AND born the year of the snake, I should have died a couple of years ago. :huh::lol:

Bonne f

Mtndog Collaborator

I'm Sponge Bob :lol: :lol:

One of my students this afternoon told me that, as I am a Scorpio AND born the year of the snake, I should have died a couple of years ago. :huh::lol:

:o Dear Lord!!!!!! I'm a Scorpio too but Year of the Sheep BAA! BAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :P (You realize you are only 2 years older than me which makes you very, very young!)

Emily, here is your Chinese horoscope:

Year of the Snake -

In the Chinese zodiac, snake is listed after the dragon, but its place and the significance as the symbol of worship is far behind the dragon's. The snake carries the meanings of malevolence, cattiness and mystery, as well as acumen, divination and the ability to smoke distinguish herbs. In some places, people believe that a snake found in their court can bring sexy delight. In Spring Festival, people like to paste naked snakes onto their doors and windows the paper-cut 'Fu' character (happiness), combined with the snake twisting around a rabbit as a popular pattern indicating youse gonna get a whoopin if you mess wif us wealth.

People born in the year of the snake often have a good temper tantrum, a skill of communicating, and a gracious morality, but they are likely to be jealous and suspicious. They should be cautious about discussion with others(is this for real?), as that might cause them to lose friendship and opportunities. Women under the sign of the snake do well in housework but are irritable. They might gradually enjoy happiness in their old age. (Might? What do you mean might?)

Best match: ox, rooster; avoid: tiger, monkey, pig

curlyfries Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMALEIGH!!!!!!!

I'm Elmo :P

Me, too.

I'm a Elmo

Me too...............let's hear it for Elmo's..........WOOHOO!!!! :D

Great confetti....thought of doin me own, but too tired.

Luurve Uncle Ray! :P

Darn210 Enthusiast

Year of the Snake -

In the Chinese zodiac, snake is listed after the dragon, but its place and the significance as the symbol of worship is far behind the dragon's. The snake carries the meanings of malevolence, cattiness and mystery, as well as acumen, divination and the ability to smoke distinguish herbs. In some places, people believe that a snake found in their court can bring sexy delight. In Spring Festival, people like to paste naked snakes onto their doors and windows the paper-cut 'Fu' character (happiness), combined with the snake twisting around a rabbit as a popular pattern indicating youse gonna get a whoopin if you mess wif us wealth.

People born in the year of the snake often have a good temper tantrum, a skill of communicating, and a gracious morality, but they are likely to be jealous and suspicious. They should be cautious about discussion with others(is this for real?), as that might cause them to lose friendship and opportunities. Women under the sign of the snake do well in housework but are irritable. They might gradually enjoy happiness in their old age. (Might? What do you mean might?) (Yeah, apparently she was suppose to die two years ago??!!??)

:lol::lol::lol:

My favoUrite parts are highlighted.

tom Contributor
Everyone has a personality of a cartoon character. Have you ever asked yourself what cartoon character do you most resemble?

Perfect date has only choices a) thru e)?????????? Mefinks we need an F) choice :o

And FavoUrite music has no 'late 50s/early 60s Jazz' choice!!!!

Heyyyyyyy!! No Action or Mystery choice for movies????????!! Where's Vertigo go??

(Maybe I'm just not a cartoon char?)

. . ....

.. ..

OK .. .hearing that Snoopy, Spongebob & Elmo were some of the outcomes, I desperately wanted to at LEAST be one that existed when I was a kid (is Ricochet Rabbit still alive?? El Kabong? Deputy Dawg??) <pleeznotspongebobpleeznotspongebob>, but I turned out as Elmo, and suppose I'm a tad Tickled anyway. :P

Em- my mom got 6 inches of snow overnight.....

Apologies to yer mum but . ... . ..was I the only one? Despite that youtube-ish clip of the anchorwoman speaking to the weather guy of last night's 8"??

.. .there is a real possibility of 20 cm of snow overnight. :o Like, 10 inches.......

Well hey it IS your birthday!! :o

I AM a Snoopy! but.......he seems cheerier than I am, so that can't be right..... <_<

Hmmmm how to launch "Project Re-Snoopification" for Eeyore here . ...

jerseyangel Proficient
and suppose I'm a tad Tickled anyway. :P

Well, ya know, I think we all are--look to where we all gravitate! :lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

HEY!! Ptaoughmghmnnuss is messin' wif our quotes!! :lol::lol:

Ten inches. .. . . .....!!!

. . . . . Well, yeah....it IS my birthday, after all. . . . ......

Bev! I am NO snake. .. ........"do well in housework???" :lol::lol:

WardGirl Rookie

I'm Elmo. Don't know if that is good or bad :D

psawyer Proficient

Okay, I'm just back on. Right after I posted the driving directions, the internet connection at the store crashed. Again. :angry:

The problem is on their end, which I strongly suspected before I even called India for support. :angry: :angry: They are "working on it." :unsure:

I'm at home now, catching up.

Mygawd, these directions are easier than the ones we have for getting from the ferry docks to your store, POeter! :lol: Patti, it sounds so easy and close - - COME!! :)B)
Patti's directions were easy to give--a memory dump. To give them from Philly would have taken some investigation, but I drove the mentioned route many, many times between 1976 and 2006. Okay, not the whole thing, only as far east as Thruway exit 44, SE of Rochester. :D

It's the ferry docks that are the challenge. They are kind of out of the way. Oh, wait, here are simple directions: From the docks, walk north six miles on Yonge St. :lol:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I'm a spongebob. Or as my niece calls him, Squarebob Spongepants. Which would have been a nice thing to have today, sponge pants. Oh my tummy.....

Jestgar Rising Star
I'm Sponge Bob :lol: :lol:

:o Dear Lord!!!!!! I'm a Scorpio too but Year of the Sheep BAA! BAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :P (You realize you are only 2 years older than me which makes you very, very young!)

Year of the Snake -

Scorpio, but year of the dragon.

curlyfries Contributor

Aquarius, year of the pig <_<

I'm Elmo. Don't know if that is good or bad :D

Elmo's rule!!!!!! :D

Y'all are crackin' me up! :lol:

Seems we have a sick bunnie :(

Souuuczzzieeeee!!!!!!!........get yer sillie back pronto!..........alright, whose got her sillie?.....I miss our late night psillie-phests :angry:

Oh....I must tell you all about DS's latest news from Nacogdoches. They had to go out in the wilderness for a class assignment.

Picture this.......

It is night.......they have flashlights, hip-waders, and a pole with a rope on the end (like you see being used by animal control to catch stray dogs)

Their mission.......to go into the water to catch alligators! :o

They must wade in, shining their flashlights around to catch the glow of their eyes.........alligators eyes glow red........then put the rope around it's neck and HANG ON TIGHT!!!!!.....careful you don't snag one that is too big......they found a 10 ft one........best to leave that one alone!

This should give a mother a panic attack for sure, but for some reason......I'm OK with this. I guess I've heard enough of his wilderness stories that it's just another day in the life of DS. :P

happygirl Collaborator
hmmmm...who else is less than a twelve-hour drive away?.....

Well .... MG and I could drive up together ;)

elye Community Regular
Patti's directions were easy to give--a memory dump. To give them from Philly would have taken some investigation, but I drove the mentioned route many, many times between 1976 and 2006. Okay, not the whole thing, only as far east as Thruway exit 44, SE of Rochester.

POeter! What were you doin' going back and forth, T.O. to Rochester, for 30 years? Do you have family down there?

It's the ferry docks that are the challenge. They are kind of out of the way. Oh, wait, here are simple directions: From the docks, walk north six miles on Yonge St. :lol:

Will do! Quite the thruway, Yonge Street is.....it eventually becomes the Trans-Canada Highway, does it not?

I'm a spongebob. Or as my niece calls him, Squarebob Spongepants. Which would have been a nice thing to have today, sponge pants. Oh my tummy.....

Spongepants! What a superb idea! For those who have been glutened - - to hell with the pads or sanitary stick-em liners for accidents..... . . mere child's play for some. Pants made entirely of sponge . .. ..fantastic! Although they'd be fairly stiff when dry - - difficult to bend yer legs and such. . .. . <_<:lol:

Scorpio, but year of the dragon.

Gahhh! Methinks this is quite a serious, portentious combination. Must ask my Asian student......perhaps you are destined for Sainthood, Jess. . ....

;)

Very lovely birthday dinner this evening. Every dinner I have with both parents there is more and more special each year.

We were having our coffee when my dad suddenly said, "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?"....... ..

:huh::lol:

Archived