#16 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi guys,

Just a quick question...

I don't know if it is related but everyone of my knuckles have become red/sore and two are cracking (not bad)and bleeding a little.

Anyone have any thoughts???

Thanks

Mr Happy

That happens to me in the autumn. I'm in a really dry climate though; semi arid. Plus I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism so that makes my skin much drier than most people's I always have cracked fingers, feet or knuckles. My husband told me I could never be a foot or hand model... Oh darn! LOL

If it continues, you could have your thyroid tested. I'm really not sure if dry skin is a celiac symptom. Hmmm.

Good luck.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

I get that too, somewhat, and figure it's more of a dry air/hard water problem than a Celiac thing. If it doesn't go away with moisturizing, etc, get it checked as it could be Dermatitis Herpetiformis (sp?), which is a skin problem associated with Celiac.

Oh, and even from my trip there earlier this year, the UK seemed pretty good in the gluten-free dept. I even got some nice bread at the supermarket! Fresh! Every B&B I stayed at was super accomodating, and found lots of gluten-free options at restaurants and such. So, it's a good place to be. I'm going back this Nov and will be self catering for a few days, so kind of excited to load up with stuff.

You might want to go easy on the breads and other processed stuff for a while though. Give yourself time to heal first. Our damaged guts can have trouble processing grains and processed stuff for a while. Good idea to cut out milk for a while too, as I think you said you're doing.

hope you can get in for tests quickly.

Cheers
Peg

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

#18 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Okay, I have to say it.

The name "Mr. Happy" gave me pause yesterday when I saw you listed under New Members. But I see it is not necessarily
a name for someone who appears in adult films, but rather a man who has indeed, become happier off gluten. :)

Here's a "whoohoo" !! and good for you!
Healing speaks volumes.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

‚ÄúIf idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.‚ÄĚ‚Äē Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#19 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Okay, I have to say it.

The name "Mr. Happy" gave me pause yesterday when I saw you listed under New Members. But I see it is not necessarily
a name for someone who appears in adult films, but rather a man who has indeed, become happier off gluten. :)

Here's a "whoohoo" !! and good for you!
Healing speaks volumes.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! you dirty girl you...

Mr Happy, you probably just have dry skin. Maybe your system is using up all your fluids to heal, who knows. Try to eat more salt, drink more water, and try Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream. Only thing that didn't hurt my skin when it was cracking and bleeding from working a housekeeping job.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#20 Mr Happy

Mr Happy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

My secrets out,the adult films were a long time ago... ;)

Just a quick update, just had a battle with my doctor but they finally have given the go ahead for the celiac and mineral test at the hospital... Have also got the forms for my children to have them to.

Always the same at my doctors, they make you feel your making it up... I wasn't backing down though.

Do I still feel good? Yes I do and feel better everyday... Eating loads and have now nearly shed a stone in weight...

All the best everyone...

Keep it up

Mr Happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: