This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

shadowicewolf Proficient

I did try really hard on my presentation. I didn't even have notes :lol: i did have a powerpoint though with some basics on it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

VydorScope Proficient

I did try really hard on my presentation. I didn't even have notes :lol: i did have a powerpoint though with some basics on it.

I have been known to basically put my notes up on the power point.... ;) Works well, keeps you from having to look down on at your notes during a talk.

elye Community Regular

Yea he does fine with birds, fish and other non-mammal meat. Its only mammal meat he has a problem with .

All mammals? Buffalo? Lamb? Goat? Have you tried the less common ones?

Yes -- uncommon sources.. . .like.. . . ....yeti....?.. . . . :unsure: ..

Hope you included a very necessary graphic of the fascinating lower intestine system, ending in a highlighted. damaged duodenum..... .....

.. . . ..But then, that's just what I'd wanna be seeing... :huh:

:rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

Yes -- uncommon sources.. . .like.. . . ....yeti....?.. . . . :unsure: ..

But no dining at Ptawm's house, as he is yeti intolerant.

jerseyangel Proficient

Our King is Yeti intolerant??? :o That could be a problem at State Dinners and such. :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient

Rudolf is on TV :rolleyes: -- don't care what my Men say...it is not the same when "we" watch from a tape/dvd

Didn't realize it was on last night--twas always me favorite!

jerseyangel Proficient

In addition to the garage event, I have been working on a replacement for my slowly dying desk computer, which is over nine years old and struggles. The optical drive no longer works, and there has been no sound for many months. This post is coming from a new machine which UPS delivered today. I am just getting it going. I updated IE to IE8 so I could download and install Chrome, from which this post is coming. Tonnes more stuff to install and configure. Byte me!

Ahhhh--a nice new fast 'puter! Have phun wif it B) And congrats on cleaning out the garage--we kinda dumped stuff in ours when we moved in, and are now in the process of going through everything, selling the old kitchen appliances, and phiguring out what to do with the rest.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

But no dining at Ptawm's house, as he is yeti intolerant.

Our King is Yeti intolerant??? :o That could be a problem at State Dinners and such. :unsure:

Oh, dear.. . . ... :unsure: . . . ..that is true -- gatherings with dignitairies might offer up some problems for a visiting King Ptaoughmnnus.. . . ..I am certain that Fire-roasted Yeti in an Apple Sauce Reduction is often one of the main courses served to visiting Grand Poobahs at Rideau Hall here in Canada. .. . ... . ..

I'll call External Affairs and brief them on this....

tom Contributor

How macabre! Is this Psillyville or a Horrorburg plot from SawXIV? Roasting our heretofore-loyal Yeti buddy? Good luck asking for a favoUr now!

At least when I was found to be yeti-intolerant, I hadn't met him yet.

Btw, "mammal-free" is definitely a new one to me as well. From all sides I've always seen recommendations for lamb, buffalo, yak whatever when beef is thought to be a problem.

Maybe it's a Liberty U thing. (OT a bit but do they have a biology dept?)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Did anyone catch the yeti yet(i)? Woo hoo, we're gonna be needing a barbie and a ho tub for that one :o

jerseyangel Proficient

Pataughmn said "macabre"! :P

elye Community Regular

How macabre! Is this Psillyville or a Horrorburg plot from SawXIV? Roasting our heretofore-loyal Yeti buddy? Good luck asking for a favoUr now!

At least when I was found to be yeti-intolerant, I hadn't met him yet.

I wasn't FOR A MOMENT thinking of anyone roasting our yeti! ... . ....Just other, ya know... . ..wild yetis. . . . .. :huh: . . . .. . . ..... :rolleyes:

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Obviously I was looking to throw a party for our yeti. Is that hair going to be a problem in the ho tub?

shadowicewolf Proficient

1 out of 4 finals done... i'm kinda drained at the moment.

I spotted a wasp in the hallway yesterday morning right? So i went to leave this morning... and guess what i found.... It was dead in front of my door. :blink:

High in the 20s on sunday with snow... then back into the 40s... but snow! :lol:

tom Contributor

Woohoo 1 out of 4 done, Shad! I remember that type of relief well.

Do ya leave the wasp there as a warning?

VydorScope Proficient

Btw, "mammal-free" is definitely a new one to me as well. From all sides I've always seen recommendations for lamb, buffalo, yak whatever when beef is thought to be a problem.

Maybe it's a Liberty U thing.

Nothing to do with Liberty, I have to look up the chemical.. cant recall its name right now. aplha-gelatin or something. It has been in the news lately, just another thing to worry about I guess.

(OT a bit but do they have a biology dept?)

I assume so, but have never had a reason to look.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Woohoo 1 out of 4 done, Shad! I remember that type of relief well.

Do ya leave the wasp there as a warning?

Yep :lol:

I just got a paper back 98% yay. So was not expecting that. It was the one i stayed up waaaay to late to finish on sunday.

GFinDC Veteran

No, but "mammal meat" seems to be, based on my understanding, a category that if you can not stand one, you likely will have issue with all of them. We might try some other mammals at a later date if it does turn out to be an issue with mammal meat, but for now we looking at the rest of his list and trying to get some relief :)

So how about elephant? Girrafe? Rhino? Dolphin? There are lots of options to eliminate still. I am not going to suggest monkey tho, gross. Maybe he got the tick bite meat allergy? They say those Texas ticks can make people allergic to cow meat.

It sounds to me like Peotr has some unused extra storage space in his garage that needs filling. I could prolly drive up there and fill it no time, and with very important items too. Such a shame to have valuable storage space un-filled with brown boxes.

The server for Alek's Cristmas lights was showing a server overload the other nite. I suspect I know the reason y now. Too many Santa inflations going on at once I figure. Sumbody has been Jonesing for more Christmas pressies.

elye Community Regular
:lol::lol: Gee-Eff said "Santa Inflations". . . ..
GottaSki Mentor

:lol::lol: Gee-Eff said "Santa Inflations". . . ..

Had to leave the winterwonderland after a few minutes the other night --- but did add a few hundred inflations to the fun ;)

GottaSki Mentor

:D

My autocorrect when using mobile mode on kindle turns "celiac" into "celibacy" -- we can't have that - celiac is bad enough!

GottaSki Mentor

Think I saw the view from our King's thrown this morning on FB...

532421_10151286178312375_1391510502_n.webp

kareng Grand Master

My autocorrect when using mobile mode on kindle turns "celiac" into "celibacy" -- we can't have that - celiac is bad enough!

laughing_cat.gif

elye Community Regular

Ha! Well, sometimes, as we know, one can cause the other.. . . .....undiagnosed celiac can keep one in a state of I-don't-feel-like-doin'-ANYTHING. . .including, and often in particular, THAT....

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I suppose, since I'm stuck with unwilling celibacy at the moment, I can be the

one who takes this one for the team.... (for now.....) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: