This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

alex11602 Collaborator

Simple steak with noodles and green beans tonight since my youngest was having a playdate and I was starting to make cookies for christmas.

I am so so happy with how the cookies are turning out this year...made flourless peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip from the Pamela's baking and pancake mix package and also used the Pamela's in a recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies that calls for wheat flour (they are perfect!!!). Yesterday I also made no bake cookies for my neighbor, peppermint fudge and rocky road fudge.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

Simple steak with noodles and green beans tonight since my youngest was having a playdate and I was starting to make cookies for christmas.

I am so so happy with how the cookies are turning out this year...made flourless peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip from the Pamela's baking and pancake mix package and also used the Pamela's in a recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies that calls for wheat flour (they are perfect!!!). Yesterday I also made no bake cookies for my neighbor, peppermint fudge and rocky road fudge.

May I have the peppermint fudge recipe - please :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Alex!! You made my mouth water....it's 11:30 at night here and I just said goodbye to my dinner guests and before turning in and shutting down my laptop, .............I read this and now, I want cookies!!!!.....LOL....they sound yummy!!!!

shadowicewolf Proficient

I haven't had moose before. I have had deer as well, but i prefer elk over it :)

dinner was broccoli :lol:

GottaSki Mentor
mushroom Proficient
alex11602 Collaborator

May I have the peppermint fudge recipe - please :D

Of course :)http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/30129/peppermint-fudge/detail.aspx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alex11602 Collaborator

Alex!! You made my mouth water....it's 11:30 at night here and I just said goodbye to my dinner guests and before turning in and shutting down my laptop, .............I read this and now, I want cookies!!!!.....LOL....they sound yummy!!!!

:) It's about midnight now and I just put all the cookies away and I really wanted to eat at least one of them. Hubby tried them and said they were yummy.

GottaSki Mentor

:) It's about midnight now and I just put all the cookies away and I really wanted to eat at least one of them. Hubby tried them and said they were yummy.

Thank you - Nightie, Night - rest well - you deserve it :)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I was at a kids birthday party in the afternoon and had olives and stilton. I fell asleep before dinner (yawning smiley)

IrishHeart Veteran

I'll bet. :) You have excellent willpower. I always taste everything I make (I have to make sure it's "okay")

GottaSki Mentor

I'll bet. :) You have excellent willpower. I always taste everything I make (I have to make sure it's "okay")

This has been very difficult of late -- I never realized how much I tested the food I cook. I've learned to use the "testers" living with me -- but am still nervous when I entertain -- hard not knowing that it tastes good.

Absolutely sure that RBJ tastes fantastic -- and have decided this shall be my Christmas Day dessert -- just for me once the day's festivities are done -- I'm having dreams of tasting the magic potion :) Everyone else has requested it as one of our snacks earlier in the day.

alex11602 Collaborator

I wish, it's not so much willpower as having to watch my sugar intake. I have my hubby do the tasting for me. Today I'm making the brownies and golden kolacky for christmas so I am just adding chicken to last nights noodles and green beans.

GottaSki Mentor

Men = Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy & Peas.....Peppermint Fudge and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream -- Thanks Alex :)

Me = Turkey, Mashed Sweet Potato & Asparagus....."my" Chocolate Mousse Type Substance

YUMMY :)

IrishHeart Veteran

I wish, it's not so much willpower as having to watch my sugar intake. I have my hubby do the tasting for me.

I've got an eager hubby taste-tester, too.(and I need to watch my sugar intake as well) Good thing they are so willing. :)

We had a little dinner party last night and I am beat so, it's a bunch of "encores" to pick from:

--crostinis with goat cheese and roasted, marinated peppers

--antipasta platter

--shrimp cocktail

--beef tenderloin

--the salmon is gone (I let my cat have it :D)

--potatoes gratin with 3 cheeses

and I know Karen wants to know this:

--Tiramisu

I have to say, I cheated and used Scharr ladyfingers, rather than make my own, and they worked out very well.

I soaked them in the espresso syrup instead of just brushing it on. Softened them up just fine. I let it cure overnight

and topped with sweetened whipped cream and dusted the whole thing with cocoa powder, cinnamon and shaved chocolate curls.

NOTE TO LOVE 2 and SKI :

The redunkulous bacon jam (RBJ) was a huge hit and I gave some to my friend as a gift. She agreed with me---crazy good on the beef.

Never got to trimming the tree, it's still Naked, but the tree skirt draped around it with the cat happily snoozing on it was "good enough".

I'll do it tomorrow...maybe

IrishHeart Veteran

I think we all need one of these:

http://www.cafepress...CFQSg4Aod_HwAmg

I just emailed Santa with my request.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hahaha :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Hahaha :)

:lol:

Adalaide Mentor

--Tiramisu

I have to say, I cheated and used Scharr ladyfingers, rather than make my own, and they worked out very well.

I soaked them in the espresso syrup instead of just brushing it on. Softened them up just fine. I let it cure overnight

and topped with sweetened whipped cream and dusted the whole thing with cocoa powder, cinnamon and shaved chocolate curls.

kareng Grand Master

I think we all need one of these:

http://www.cafepress...CFQSg4Aod_HwAmg

I just emailed Santa with my request.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I ate a piece of my coffee cake for dinner :ph34r: I have no regrets

IrishHeart Veteran

I won't even notice that you didn't make your own cookies. I'M ON MY WAY!!!

If'n I could find a way to ship this to you right now, hon, you know I would.

But, you can make it yourself...it's easy peasy :) I posted the recipe on here.

Just type in Tiramisu....

IrishHeart Veteran

I sent that link to Santa on the slopes of Vail! He was looking for an cute apron for me, not sure if he already got one. Not sure if this can get here in time. We should all order one and freak Cafe Press out!

It could be a New Year's present :)

........and yes, if we all hit them with orders, they may wonder what the Sam Hill is going on.

Adalaide Mentor

If'n I could find a way to ship this to you right now, hon, you know I would.

But, you can make it yourself...it's easy peasy :) I posted the recipe on here.

Just type in Tiramisu....

Oh, I remember. I'm still debating what to do for my birthday. Tiramisu... pink champagne cake.... key lime cake... just go out for red velvet cupcakes... I don't know!!! I'd have all of them but someone hasn't come through on the muumuus yet. ;)

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Made coconut-herbed pizza with cherry-tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic, baby romaine and jumbo shrimp. Not bad, for a first time, but a pizza in a brownie pan is a bit sad.