This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Upset About What Colleauge Did To Me!

jesscarmel

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm so sorry, Jess.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ravenwoodglass Mentor
hi judy

thanks for your support. we just had to put her to sleep because she was dying. i am besdie myself with grief. i cant stop crying and i feel like im going to die

I am so very sorry. (((((((hugs)))))))

debmidge Rising Star

Jess

sorry to hear about your puppy. take care of yourself during this stressful time (between this and work).

Deb

happygirl Collaborator

Jess-We are all thinking about you and are so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet puppy. Share anytime...we are here. xoxo

lindalee Enthusiast

Jess, I am so sorry all this has happened to you. Hang in there. LL

Guhlia Rising Star

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. I know how devastated you must be. Please know that you can always lean on us for anything.

How's the work situation coming along?

Guest Robbin

I am so sorry you are going through so much. I wish you could take some time off to grieve/heal, because I would like to see you really let the persons involved in the whole coughing on keyboard incident have it. To use a child who is already emotionally and morally compromised in an immature manner by someone who is supposed to be a role model is unbelievable. This person is supposed to be healing and helping the child recover from the very same immoral type of behavior she has exposed him to! Malicious, hurtful, disrespectful behavior. How old is the child? Also, you said another therapist was present-did they think it was funny too or did they speak up against it?

I am so, so sorry about your little puppy. I hope you can get some peace and rest from all this stress and take care of your health. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Jess, I am so sorry about your puppy. That had to be so hard. I am also so sorry about what is going on at work. What type of therapist are you? In what environment do you work?

Quite frankly, I'm in healthcare and I'm a germ-a-phobe! I was ALWAYS cleaning doorknobs, phones, light switches, keyboards . . . and on and on . . . . I don't want anyone else's garbage!

Using a child, in any situation, to pull a stunt like that is wrong, but if this is in a psychological therapy environment, teaching a child to do something like that is simply reprehensible. It sounds as if the person or persons who did this are ethically void. My heavens!

I certainly hope that things are starting to improve for you in the VERY near future. Please take care of yourself. (((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Lynne

jesscarmel Enthusiast

i am feeling a bit better today. my parents disagree but my fiancee and i want to get another dog soon as we are in so much pain and can give a good home to tehse rescue dogs. so we are looking although the pain is still very fresh.

in regards to work, i spoke to my supervisor sun night and told her hte situation. she was appaled and agreed i had to go the head of the agencey. i actually went to work monday for an hour before i found out sadie was going to die. we thouhgt she was better sunday. so i spoke to the head of the agency and she too was appaled. then she spoke to the girl who said that she didnt tell the child to do it, that he asked if he should do it, she said no but he did it anyway??!!! i think she is lying, but appreantly she was "near tears" when meeting with the head so who knows. she did come up to me yesteardy morning before she knew i told anyone and said she felt really bad about what happened. i told her i coudlnt talk at the time. so today we are having a meeting to discuss this. we also might discuss it as a group since there is some werid dynamic going on.... im not sure i have the strength to deal with this today so well see. ... i still have not found out if the other clinician was there or not. also the girl said that the child makes up stories all the time to make himself look powerful. who knows? i still think she is crazy and she is certainly not my friend anymore by any means. too think i felt bad about not inviting those girls to my wedding. thank g-d as the invitations just went out.

jess

queenofhearts Explorer

Wow, Jess, you've been through such a lot! I understand completely about the puppy-- we adopted 3 stray kittens, about 9 years ago, & one of them died of a mysterious illness 3 days later. (The vets thought at the time it was rabies, but the tests came up negative.) I cried so much over that little one. But the other two have been with us ever since & are absolutely wonderful pets. I think you should adopt another puppy right away. You will cherish it all the more.

Your colleague is surely trying to cover her behind-- her response when you first confronted her was completely different. The child may have exaggerated her part in it somewhat, sometimes kids do like to stir up trouble-- but given her first response, he's not making the story up.

I hope you can have a group meeting to work this issue out. It sounds like work is a pretty tense place right now! But at least your colleague does realize how wrong she was to do what she did...

Guest nini

Oh Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your puppy, I hope you get some peace about that soon and find another little bundle of fur to love. If she was already sick when you got her, I would think whoever you got her from would be responsible for the medical bills incurred. At least she knew she was loved at the end, poor thing.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
i am feeling a bit better today. my parents disagree but my fiancee and i want to get another dog soon as we are in so much pain and can give a good home to tehse rescue dogs. so we are looking although the pain is still very fresh.

jess

Jess, I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I agree that getting another dog is a good idea. I am also glad to hear you are looking for a dog who really needs someone. I was devestated a few years ago when we had to put down a dog who was healthy but bilaterally deaf and crazy. We fought it until he attacked my son. I was heartbroken but the vet told me repeatedly that I did the best thing for him. We went the next day to a shelter and found a lonely aged Westie who had been given up because his owner had gone in a nursing home. The shelter expected to put him down because he was 11 but he wasn't even there a day. He was being brought in at the same time my guy was being put down so he wasn't even there 24 hours. We had 5 wonderful years together. Somewhere out there is a dog who is waiting for you. You did all you could for the puppy and I am sure that you will be a great family for the dog who is going to be part of it.

I hope everything goes well at the meeting and I think I might still ask for a lock on that office door.

Wishing you best.

NicoleAJ Enthusiast

Jess,

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, but you've done a commendable job at dealing with the difficult situation at work.

As far as the puppy is concerned, I'm sorry to hear about that as well. One word of advice--wait a little while before getting a new dog, and clean absolutely everything in the house with bleach. I adopted a dog from a pound that ended up showing symptoms of distemper within a day of coming home. After hundreds of dollars of vet bills and nearly a month of truly loving care, it was clear that he would not pull through, and we had to put him down. The vet had given me hope, since he was so young and vital, but we just couldn't watch him suffer. You did the right thing, but you don't want to bring a new puppy into an environment where another dog has been so sick, just as a precaution. Throw out all of the toys, collars, etc for the old puppy, scrub everything down and air everything out before exposing another puppy to germ infested areas. I got another rescue dog a week after the first dog died, and she started to get sick at first--luckily she ended up being just fine, but I was panicked in the mean time.

After you got sick from a child's germs on your keyboard, you don't want something similar to happen to your next family member.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Jess I'm happy your dealing with your job in such a through and professional way...keep it up...

puppy..did the vet say if he had parvo? If he did, please ask the vet if it's true you need to wait at least 6 months before bringing a new puppy into the house..I might be wrong, but our friend went through this with parvo and that's what their vet told them Hated to write this but sure don't want to see you hurt again.

hugs

judy

jesscarmel Enthusiast
Jess I'm happy your dealing with your job in such a through and professional way...keep it up...

puppy..did the vet say if he had parvo? If he did, please ask the vet if it's true you need to wait at least 6 months before bringing a new puppy into the house..I might be wrong, but our friend went through this with parvo and that's what their vet told them Hated to write this but sure don't want to see you hurt again.

hugs

judy

hi judy

they said it wasnt parvo but an unknown illness. we are going to bleach the whole hosue and throw everything out....she had neuro problems too and was just a mess . thinking back she never looked right but i had never had a puppy before so i didnt know :( they said it was something they kept seeing in dogs from tennesee but didnt know what it was. sadie was from tennesee.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Dear Jess

I'm so thrilled it wasn't parvo.

didn't see the post above when i posted my advice to you.

Nicole really did a good job of telling you what to do.

If you do all this and still want a puppy i say GO FOR IT BABE!

I KNOW ALL THE BLEACH SCRUBBING WILL BE A PAIN.

I'd just follow the vet's advice and do what he says

Tenn puppy..and illness...where did you get the puppy from Tenn.????

Please keep us posted.

Hope the job is going ok too.

Bless your heart..what a week it was. :(

Hope the up coming weeks will bring you joy and peace & happiness :)

judy

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I just found this thread....so sorry for your work difficulties and the time you are having now but even sadder abour your puppy. :( I got my beautiful old girl from the SPCA at 9 weeks and she is almost 12, and found my sweet Annie, ragged, dehydrated and abused, running for her life on a frontage road near the highway. They are my true joy...There are SO many dogs to love.....the right one will find you, and you will find the right one, and they are so grateful to be found. It is amazing how quickly we can become attached to these creatures, isn't it? wondering what this exotic disease from Tennessee is.....

glad you're doing better. Hugs.

Archived