This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

OK, this was clearly written by one of us, despite the clever use of 'bigfoot' in place of 'yeti'

The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

OK, this was clearly written by one of us, despite the clever use of 'bigfoot' in place of 'yeti'

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yeah!

kareng Grand Master

Oh I see it. "on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing. Not really unreasonable odds :ph34r:

VydorScope Proficient

eh, just google it. Someone somewhere will have read it and posted a review.

Actaully, I typically have to quote scholarly reviews as part of a reivew like this... so your not far off.

Joking aside, I just finished reading the book (started in earnst yesterday), now I just have to get the kid in bed so that I can focus (yeah, like its really all his fualt) and write the paper. Need to get it out of the way, and knock out the rest of my weeks homework cause....

FRIDAY IS OUR BLACK BELT TEST!!!

VydorScope Proficient

HEY!!!! WAKE UP!!!

Time for more corny jokes i guess!!!

Q. What did the baby corn say to the mama corn?

A. “Where’s pop corn?”

Q. What did the mayonnaise say when someone opened the refrigerator door.

A. Close the door I am dressing!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Q what do you call a fish with no eyes?

A a fsh

shadowicewolf Proficient

Ugh, remind me to never stay up till 4 am again. That was the other night and i'm still feeling the effects of it. Good thing my next assignment isn't due till monday.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Why did the robot go back to robot school?

Because his skills were getting a little rusty!

Johhny came running into the house after school one day, shouting, “Daddy! Daddy! I got a 100 in school today!”

“That’s great, sont,” said his daddy. “Come in to the living room and tell me about it.”

“Well,” said Johnny, “I got 50 in spelling, 30 in Maths and 20 in Science

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

My friend's baby is here!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

kareng Grand Master

My friend's baby is here!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Love to play with other peoples's babies! Have fun!

GFinDC Veteran

Lets all help Shadow with the paper.

I'll start:

It was a dark and stormy night......

Wait, maybe we need to know the subject? Nah!

OK Vienna, it's YOUR fault that I've had this running through my head for two days:

It was a dark and stormy night......

The grain beat against the window pane mercilessly..,

M-Lee, was that your offspring in the pirates video?

elye Community Regular

M-Lee, was that your offspring in the pirates video?

No, but they're a great troupe... . . .no musical at our school this year due to teachers' unions enacting a work-to-rule that has stopped ALL extra-curriculars -- sports teams, drama productions, homework and tutoring clubs.... . ... :(:angry:

SOoOooooOo.... .. the kids are doing their own production, with no support, finacial or otherwise, from the school board. Quite amazing what young people can do with a little support....

:)

Lisa Mentor

225609_1028813893211_6832_n.webp

And who are these peeps? A blast from the past. One that will be missed.

jerseyangel Proficient

Nice lookin group!

mushroom Proficient

Yes, who are those people?? I have seen them before but forgotten who they are :P

Lisa Mentor

Nice lookin group!

Yeah...but not too sure about the tall guy with the odd shoes.

VydorScope Proficient

Ok, for those of us with defective memories... who are they? :D

Lisa Mentor

Yes, who are those people?? I have seen them before but forgotten who they are :P

Those people would be:

Me, Tom, Metta ( Mouse -who passed away) and Chris (BroncoBux - who is no longer active)

Old Timers...

mushroom Proficient

Does Chris have an aka?

Lisa Mentor

Does Chris have an aka?

broncobux...maybe

mushroom Proficient

broncobux...I think.

That's what I was thinking, too. :) Lookin' good, lady!!

mushroom Proficient

Well, I did not go to the Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Show today, the number 150 edition (it was 54 degrees!) and I did not see Prince Charles and Camilla, so I did not get to execute the curtsey I had been practising for months!! - yes, even in hospital -- and I am so disappointed :P not to have personally made the acquaintance of our next king and his consort -- somehow that name seems appropriate for her although she is gracious enough, goodness knows -- (unless, of course, he abdicates - which he will never do because I believe he actually likes this stuff :unsure: and has been waiting sooooo many years for it), and maybe before he dies his mum will and then he will be "IT"

:lol::lol::lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Sooooo today in one of my classes a student did a presentation on fukushima and cited the chernobyl incident along with images of its victims. (i am not trying to start a debate or anything of the sort)

I have an interest into various... shall we say medical conditions caused by genetics or whathaveyou, both lifetaking and able to live with ones? So, following this i decided to surf on wikipedia and find out what the effects were.

I had already known some of the medical terms and could identify them on the video the student showed amongst others. It has led me to the conclusion that genetics or rather the human body can be a funny thing.

Just one "info part" out of line and it can do things that you wouldn't think would be possible. I feel lucky that my issues are minor in comparison to what others deal with on a day to day basis.

Random tangent i thought would make an interesting subject to talk about.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I take exception to this! I never had a math class that looked anything like English!

Isosceles

Me thinks it is also equilateral :P , and apart from "the square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the square on the other two sides," that is all the geometry I have retained (or perhaps ever knew?? :rolleyes:

I dunno, but it sure scared the bejeezes out of me. I learned from it though. The first bookkeeping class I went to I walked out of, never to return :ph34r:

OMG. . .. . ... . . . ..STOP THE MATHS!! I feel sick..... . ..

Please, please, let's talk about...... . ..split infinitives....phrasal verbs......my favortite -- dangling participles... . .!!

Maybe the critical review starts w/ calling the book unengaging.

"Pfff .. . Pull an axe on me, eh?"

Lotta lol . .. ..reciprocation welcomed, in a sense an integral part of an infinite series of posts. (whose sum remains finite, natch)

The Yeti's Guide to Stream of Consciousness

I still need read my book. Hmmm got till Tuesday Midnight though... still probably should start it soon.

Lol, i got the main body of the paper done, now i have to do the annotated bibliography (ugh) and proof read it.

HI SILLS :D

all of the above has me larfing in bed. I think? well, most of it, espeshully the mathS parts. :blink:

and the triangles :lol:

but feeling sorry for the people who have papers due .

I have been busy - no - consumed with - season one of Homeland, just finished season one last night, thought I might

hyperventilate and die.....IS ANYONE WATCHING THIS ?? I need a support group......GAH !!

have more to say but am in fetal position with stomach pain. could be lunch at Chili's today ( was not my choice)

<smirk face>

(got emoticonally busted and had to erase the triangles )

night night !! ;)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

DingoGirl

There must be some kind of multiquotes award for that last post. I thought for a minute I was having a flashback.

Mushroom

I think you are right about Charles. No way is he handing over. It was his birthday yesterday (along with one of my best friends, I can't quote birthdays for the rest of the family). Sorry you missed him.

You'll notice I have not worked out quotes from my phone :o

Mw x

Archived