This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

CarlaB Enthusiast

What's all this talk of snow??? It's 82 degrees here today (yes, I'm back in Ohio).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

HEEELLLLOOO sillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got nothing to say really :blink:

Realised that son of silly is coming home from Florida Sunday morning!! :D - so had to plunge myself into productivety and thoroughly tidy his room. :rolleyes: (GADS 2 weeks have flown by!)

The aphid-slaughtering continues.

OMG!!! You got 'em as well???

What's your tip??.....got 'em ALL over me roses :angry:

Seventeen fourteen year-old girls for four hours. No pool. No computers, TVs, soccer balls, fourteen year-old boys.....

Holy chintenells!!!

THIS surely is what they make you do in hell?? :unsure: ....oh wait...maybe girls are better company???

Ok, I'm hearing that a few of our sillies are having a few liver probs <_< (take more water with it ;) )

AND blood pressure probs :angry:

SICKNESS be banned!!

Susie! - glad to hear the growths have retreated somewhat with the Yeti scat mud pack (smelly though)

Gawd - I find those mud packs draw out EVEN more heinousities :o

OMG!! Almost phorgot!!

Caught Kitty Will doing a poo in the garden!!! :lol: YIPEE!!! ...this shall surely herald the end of the litter tray!!!!!!

.....just gotta teach him to do his business next door ;)

:lol:

elye Community Regular
OMG!! Almost phorgot!!

Caught Kitty Will doing a poo in the garden!!! :lol: YIPEE!!! ...this shall surely herald the end of the litter tray!!!!!!

Yes! Both of our cats dutifully head over the fence to neighboUring gardens for their poops. :ph34r:

Son of Silly, home this Sunday? Incredible...it's been two weeks already?

Darn210 Enthusiast

Yes! Both of our cats dutifully head over the fence to neighboUring gardens for their poops. :ph34r:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . WE are the neighbor next door!!! . . . <_<:angry:<_<

elye Community Regular
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . WE are the neighbor next door!!! . . . <_<:angry:<_<

OMG...Janet...it's all been a ruse??! Those avatars of you and your kids....fakes? YOU are the elderly Chinese man next door?

...I should have suspected something...a mathy, science mind lends itself well to tai chi...

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:huh::o Wait........you are next door to Nikki? in Barking Mad and Dagenham (is that what it was?)? and here.......all along you've got us thinking you're a housewife in the US???????????? but..........

OMG...Janet...it's all been a ruse??! Those avatars of you and your kids....fakes? YOU are the elderly Chinese man next door?

...I should have suspected something...a mathy, science mind lends itself well to tai chi...

......wait.........Janet is actually next door to Emily? ARE YOU the Chinese elderly man?

:blink:

I'm so confused. But one thing's for sure, you do NOT live next door to me....I"ve got the tortuously perfect Stepford on one side, and the COMPLETELY PERFECT YOUNG COUPLE and brand new baby on other side.... <_< Truly heinous.

elye Community Regular
you do NOT live next door to me....I"ve got the tortuously perfect Stepford on one side, and the COMPLETELY PERFECT YOUNG COUPLE and brand new baby on other side.... <_< Truly heinous.

Hmmmmmm....Well........Janet does seem...perfect and young, at times......

Susie, she could be part of that idyllic trio next door..... :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Infrequent visitor to sillyville here. I heard a rumor if you pass over a milestone number of posts here (799 to 800 for example), you can experience strange after effects. What symptoms might I expect? Does it involve itching, burning or swelling in any way? Can I take humaworm or some other medication to prevent it?

Makeup tips anyone? :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hmmmmmm....Well........Janet does seem...perfect and young, at times......

Susie, she could be part of that idyllic trio next door..... :huh:

OH CRAP. :huh: so.....now......they/Janet really DO know everything about me.....they came on here, under an alias, probably the minute I told them I was gluten-intolerant, a couple of years ago.....just pretending to be this wacky yet innocuous woman in middle America w/ two kids.....and now, they really do know way too much, hence their cautious stares.........

I have to move. :lol:

Infrequent visitor to sillyville here. I heard a rumor if you pass over a milestone number of posts here (799 to 800 for example), you can experience strange after effects. What symptoms might I expect? Does it involve itching, burning or swelling in any way? Can I take humaworm or some other medication to prevent it?

Well hello, wacky lady. :lol:

Makeup tips......lately I've had some boulder-sized structural (i.e., face-changing) zits and I put clay imbued w/ yeti scat on them to dry them up. :lol:

Your milestone posts should involved fluids. Could be bodily - yours or family members' - house fluids, outside flooding, anything like that. Fluids of any kind. The itching and burning......now that is something else that we just don't cover here, I'm afraid.

Kaycee Collaborator

I'm infrequent here too, must've been in here at least once, as I still get notification of messages from silyville.

Thanks for the laughs.

After 800 posts according to rumour, you can experience strange after effects. I don't think it will be itching burning or swelling symptoms, as to me that sounds far too much like gluten poisoning. It has to be something that strengthens the character, as to post that many posts means someone is quite tenacious and determined.

I personally would like to think that after that many posts a sense of humour is attained.

Cathy

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Cathy and Colleen :D

Glad you two popped back! Don't be strangers--we can always use more silliness! :P

~alex~ Explorer

I've missed so much silliness! I've been a busy beaver lately -- mostly good stuff. Hanging out a lot with Colin as well. Poor guy got a vicious puking virus and ever so kindly passed it on to me, but thankfully I seemed to have had a dulled down version of the bug. I bounced back pretty quickly -- props to my increasingly strong immune system.

I hope everyone is well. Bev and Patti, I'm sorry about the liver and the BP stuff. And Jess, sorry about the Psoriasis. Both my dad and bro have psoriasis but thankfully not too badly.

I think I'd have to go for the tiny bum on the head instead of the dangling chin-feet. I could imagine the feet getting caught in things which could be dangerous and painful.

Sorry about the undergrounder Susie. I get them on my chin occasionally and they hurt like heck. I frequently get them along my spine and when I lean back in a chair and the pimple gets crushed, it brings tears to my ears. Quite exquisitely painful.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Alex :D I've missed you!

Sorry about your and Colin's stomach bug--glad you were able to bounce back quickly....Hope Colin is feeling all better now too.

Undergrounders on your back--heinous! I used to get them on my chin and it would take forever for them to go away. Ugh :angry:

Mtndog Collaborator
What's all this talk of snow??? It's 82 degrees here today (yes, I'm back in Ohio).

Oh yeah......it's gonna get U-G-L-Y!!!!!! I just planted 85% of my garden ad we might get snow on Wed or Thurs night!!!!!!!

carla- How was Marco Island? SIGH.

Realised that son of silly is coming home from Florida Sunday morning!! :D - so had to plunge myself into productivety and thoroughly tidy his room. :rolleyes: (GADS 2 weeks have flown by!)

Holy chintenells!!!

Ok, I'm hearing that a few of our sillies are having a few liver probs <_< (take more water with it ;) )

AND blood pressure probs :angry:

SICKNESS be banned!!

Susie! - glad to hear the growths have retreated somewhat with the Yeti scat mud pack (smelly though)

Gawd - I find those mud packs draw out EVEN more heinousities :o

OMG!! Almost phorgot!!

All I can say to this, Nikkeigh is

Oh no.....you don't want to prevent it. Embrace the madness!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P

I've missed so much silliness! I've been a busy beaver lately -- mostly good stuff. Hanging out a lot with Colin as well. Poor guy got a vicious puking virus and ever so kindly passed it on to me, but thankfully I seemed to have had a dulled down version of the bug. I bounced back pretty quickly -- props to my increasingly strong immune system.

I think I'd have to go for the tiny bum on the head instead of the dangling chin-feet. I could imagine the feet getting caught in things which could be dangerous and painful.

Poor Colin!

Gah....imagine getting yer dangling chintoes stuck in an escalator.....owwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

I got a butt on my face. That's my story and I'm sticking to it (or, it's sticking to me!) :P

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh....and the reason I came on was to give you your daily dose o'Uncle Ray!

A distinguished young woman on a flight from Ireland asked the priest beside her: "Father, may I

ask a favor?" "Of course, my child. What may I do for you?"

"Well, I bought an expensive woman's electronic hair dryer for my mother's birthday that is unopened and

well over the Customs limits, and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there any way you could carry it

through Customs for me? Under your robes perhaps?"

The priest answered: "I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you: I will not lie."

"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you".

When they got to Customs, she let the priest go ahead of her. The official asked, "Father, do you

have anything to declare?"

"From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare."

The official thought this answer strange, so he asked: "And what do you have to declare from your

waist to the floor?"

"I have a marvelous instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused."

Roaring with laughter, the official said: "Go ahead,Father. Next!"

elye Community Regular

Colleen!! The fluids should be building around you about now. Could be bodily, enviornmental, or mechanical (think motor oil or engine lubricant, but on a scale you've never even imagined before). Check your house insurance policy for exemptions. Have tarps handy.... :lol:

so.....now......they/Janet really DO know everything about me.....they came on here, under an alias, probably the minute I told them I was gluten-intolerant, a couple of years ago.....just pretending to be this wacky yet innocuous woman in middle America w/ two kids.....and now, they really do know way too much, hence their cautious stares.........

I know, I know.....she's good.......

Makeup tips......lately I've had some boulder-sized structural (i.e., face-changing) zits and I put clay imbued w/ yeti scat on them to dry them up.

Isn't Yeti Scat one of the new eye bronzing shades in the EM Summer Line? :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Sillies! Rather busy evening, just got Landen down, he is quite the funny guy this evening. We took a nice walk and he is all smiles.

Taking Landen on the weekends was the fit for all of us.

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi Colleen, glad you popped in :D

Queue of laughs? String o' smileys?

Laffline.....

Looks like a merry police line-up....

...................................................:lol:

........................................... :lol::lol::lol:

And then there is this---> :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The BWAHAHAHA Triangle?

Don't mind me, just having fun with emoticons

It's all beginning to make sense now...

carla- How was Marco Island? SIGH.

A vacation destination I thought was in Mexico :rolleyes:

Hi Sillies! Rather busy evening, just got Landen down, he is quite the funny guy this evening. We took a nice walk and he is all smiles.

Taking Landen on the weekends was the fit for all of us.

What a fun Friday evening :)

Ridgewalker Contributor
Just got back from follow-up appt with Dr....2nd blood test showed liver enzyme is "borderline" but since all other liver function tests are "perfect" she's not worried and will re-test in a year.

My blood pressure is another story :( I have to start a new med in addition to the one I'm on. And be more careful with salt :unsure:

Patti, what are the blood pressure meds like? Or are there a bunch, and they're all different...? I had a consult with my doc yesterday over the phone, and I told her mine hadn't gone down much. She gave me two more weeks for my numbers to go down, or I'll probably have to go on meds. At age not-quite-30. :unsure:

What does this mean???

I just don't know.

But... Birthday party tomorrow! Yay!

Kaycee Collaborator

Saturday afternoon, not doing much. Big son is pining for a mcdonalds breakfast and says it must be a month since he's had one. Trying to figure out when I last had Mcd's for breakfast. I guess it was nearly three years ago, and hubby pipes up, yeah, just before I was coeliaced.

Overheard a group of 10 year olds talking about farting the other day. One says "Did you know farts can kill?" I was dying to put my hand up and ask how, but then it would've blown my cover. Have to ask, is it the fartee that dies, or the recipient of the smell? I'll put my money on the recipient of the smell.

Cathy

Green12 Enthusiast
But... Birthday party tomorrow! Yay!

Tomorrow is the big day, hope the party goes well and everyone has a great time :)

Yikes about the blood pressure :( Hope you and your doc get it all sorted out.

Green12 Enthusiast
Overheard a group of 10 year olds talking about farting the other day. One says "Did you know farts can kill?" I was dying to put my hand up and ask how, but then it would've blown my cover. Have to ask, is it the fartee that dies, or the recipient of the smell? I'll put my money on the recipient of the smell.

Cathy

:lol: Cathy, you are going to fit in quite nicely

Your son and Emily's son seem to have a lot in common, asking the big important questions and solving life's mysteries :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
......wait.........Janet is actually next door to Emily? ARE YOU the Chinese elderly man?

Well, since my cover has been blown . . . here is the real picture of me and Bev and Panera's. Thanks to Bev and Carla for keeping my secret all this time but since Will the cat who is apparently crapping in my yard is out of the bag,I guess there is no longer a reason to carry on with the ruse.

Colleen . . . hmmmmm . . . name rings a bell . . . I used to know a Colleen once, truly funny gal, got our hopes up with a couple of brief visits and then abandoned us for . . . makeup!! :lol:

I'm infrequent here too, must've been in here at least once, as I still get notification of messages from silyville.

Cathy!!!!! GAHHHHH!!!! you get a notification whenever there's a new message!!!!!! You need to turn that off!!!! You know our goal is to take over OMG as the most posted thread . . . you'll be buried in notifications!!

I'm with Julie, it's the recipient that will lose the phart battle. The pharter has immunity.

elye Community Regular

Morning, Sillies!

Got a crazy weekend ahead of me...tree-shopping, hockey banquet-planning and executing, assistant coaching Jack's baseball training session....and I must fit in not one, but TWO runs....

Gawd.

Birthday party, Sarah! Good luck - - little boy's house parties are....fun? challenging?....I know I don't ever get to sit during one of Jack's.... <_<:)

Liver enzyme crap happening 'round here......:dontlikethisface: :angry:

psawyer Proficient

Morning, all!

We woke up this morning to a surprise transit strike. After getting a tentative deal that was widely criticized as being too, too sweet for the union, they voted yesterday to reject it by 65%. And then walked out at midnight with less than an hour's notice.

So, unless something unexpected happens quickly, Monday will be hell on wheels in Toronto. :angry:

Archived