This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

swittenauer Enthusiast

Actually I am Susan W.

It was very quick skimming. I'd say I cheated & missed pages of course. Probably lots of pages. My idea of skimming is very broad. Ha!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daxin Explorer

Whew...found you all.

So is there the R_Ville science forum and then the general gab now?

It's nice to see we all made it through, and I would also like to vote for the no spelling thing. I took some ribbing at the spelling in my signature block a while ago, and, although no very professional, live and die by the little red line on my screen when I have to write anything official.

Welcome to all the newcomers. I see we still have a few stragglers though.

Back to work for now though.

AndreaB Contributor

Glad you found us Ryan. I just posted another reminder on the OMG thread about R2.

dlp252 Apprentice
Mosquitos??? Do we have those in Rachelville.... :unsure:

If we do its all Donna's fault....shes the pest control person and I would think mosquitos would be classified as being pests. <_<

Maybe Donna is spending too much time on the ants....trying to think up unique and *humane* ways of relocating them out of R-Ville. :lol:

Yes, that unique and humane thing was really taxing my brain, lol...there shall be no mosquitos in Rachelville...do they even perform a useful function? Speak up quick if they do or they're history. :lol:

If it were me, I would use one of those HUGE mugs that look like a gigantic soup bowl and then tell myself it wasn't so bad because at least it was a mug.......

Are there any other kind? :lol:

I attempted to follow the other thread & got caught up in it. It is like a soap opera or something. I just keep reading. Every so often I actually pipe in but maybe if I had a job in this town....I'd have more to say. Ha!

You may certainly have a job, but heck, don't need to have anything to post here...just post whatever's on your mind. :lol:

Oh, I also drag race with my husband.

Can come in handy when we're trying to run out full gluten folks who happen onto our little cult farm without taking a stint in the decontamination chamber first.

morganb Newbie
Well, still.... to skim through all those pictures....WOW :o

I meant to say pages not pictures....

Actually I am Susan W.

It was very quick skimming. I'd say I cheated & missed pages of course. Probably lots of pages. My idea of skimming is very broad. Ha!

:lol::lol:

Rachel, have you reunited with your ice cream maker yet??? :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Molly.....I love the new haircut too...very cute. :)

Oh, and yes I got caught up in all those pages. I skimmed through though. I don't know how I would ever have enough time to read it all.

Wow....skimming or not....I'm impressed! :o

Drag racing....how cool is that?? We have a drag racer in our town!! YAY! :D

And yes, Rachelville is kinda like a soap opera...its very perfect, yet bizzare, yet magical, yet funny, yet crazy...and on and on. Noone knows what will happen in R-Ville on any given day. B)

Yes, that unique and humane thing was really taxing my brain, lol...there shall be no mosquitos in Rachelville...do they even perform a useful function? Speak up quick if they do or they're history. :lol:

Donna,

Notice the silence...

Go ahead...do what you gotta do. ;)

Rachel, have you reunited with your ice cream maker yet??? :D

As...a matter of fact I just made a new batch. :D

I tend to come racing home on my lunch break and the first thing I do is get the ice cream going. Its perfect....by the time I'm done eating something "healthy" my ice cream is READY. :D

I just finished my first and ONLY bowl!!! :o

I cant even believe this....I'm learning!! :D

The rest goes into the freezer for later. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, we don't want our bats to die, or even worse, start biting!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

morganb Newbie

I tend to come racing home on my lunch break and the first thing I do is get the ice cream going. Its perfect....by the time I'm done eating something "healthy" my ice cream is READY. :D

Sounds delicious :P And ONLY one bowl....so Rachel isn't going to pull a Rachel :huh: Let me know how long the ice cream remains in the freezer :D;)

Lymetoo Contributor
I did see plenty of armadillos when I lived in Texas-- but heck, that's where they have their World Headquarters.

Heehhee! Yep! Our dogs used to hunt them. One time our dog got caught in the armadillo's tunnel and we had to pull him out. By the time we got him out, he had passed out from lack of oxygen!

I digress here!! :rolleyes:

I need a job in Rachelville too. I'm a former teacher. I make jewelry. I'm a calligrapher. I market a health beverage. Any jobs available?? How good is the PAY!? :D

morganb Newbie

Maybe our bats will be even more unique than they already are and eat something else. Maybe minnows from the ocean since they like the water so much that they are even glittery from it.

Heehhee! Yep! Our dogs used to hunt them. One time our dog got caught in the armadillo's tunnel and we had to pull him out. By the time we got him out, he had passed out from lack of oxygen!

I digress here!! :rolleyes:

I need a job in Rachelville too. I'm a former teacher. I make jewelry. I'm a calligrapher. I market a health beverage. Any jobs available?? How good is the PAY!? :D

:lol::lol::lol: The dog and the armadillo story is funny!!!

I love to make jewelry....especially earings and beaded jewelry :D What kinds do you make?

AndreaB Contributor

It is that quick? We have the old electric ice cream maker. Need to decide if it's worth it for us to get a new one to start making ice cream of our own instead of buying Breyers when we do decide to eat it. I posted over in the OMG thread....but what was the recommended brand?

Good for you!.....now let's see how you do tonight. :P

morganb Newbie

I just had a revelation...or is it a relavation in R-ville? I should ask for an ice cream maker as a christmas present :P That is definitely going to make the top of the list!!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I make jewelry.

Ooooooh....you will have to meet Donna then....she's into jewelery too. In fact I think she's made so many bracelets this past week we're gonna need a special room just to store them all! I think she should just give one to all the R-Ville residents. :D Then we will only need half of a room to store them all. :rolleyes:

How good is the PAY!?

:blink:

Ummm...you are actually the first R-villian to ask this question. :unsure: So far noones been payed and they havent seemed to mind at all......so ssshhhhh....lets just all get on with living the good life. :D

We have alot of teachers already but I'm really liking the health drink thing!! Andrea??? Can you figure this out.....I'm late for work.... :o

Green12 Enthusiast

I think the recommended brand is Cuisinart Andrea.

:lol: Donna, I see you are up on your pest control duties

Welcome Lymetoo, just jump right in. We are a diverse group, but there does seem to be a lot of artitsticness so you will fit right in :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I just had a revelation...or is it a relavation in R-ville?

Relevation. ;)

AndreaB Contributor

Name please. You can join Patti and myself as teachers. We could also make you co-juice bar operator.

We have many who make jewelry here....you all have to get together and see if you want to make a job of it.

PAY......did you say pay? We are a self sustaining paradise cult farm....and since this is paradise we will have a treasury that provides the funding for things needed outside of the farm (within reason for all you that might like a mansion or such outside of the R :P ). Susan W and I are treasurers and any major expense would have to be put through the electoral channel. :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Andrea--

About the ice cream maker--the one that Rachel, Vincent and I have is the Cuisinart. It runs about $50.

It is quick--after you prepare and pour in the ingredients, it takes about 25 minutes. The trick is to always keep the bowl in the freezer in between uses because it takes up to 24 hours for it to freeze. If it's frozen, you just mix it up and go!

It's also very simple to operate--there's just one switch--on and off (my kind of machine ;) )

I make mine with Vance's Dairi Free. You can also do sorbets, sherbets and frozen yogurt. They include a little recipe booklet to get you started.

Green12 Enthusiast
I just had a revelation...or is it a relavation in R-ville? I should ask for an ice cream maker as a christmas present :P That is definitely going to make the top of the list!!!

Yes, relevation. You are catching on rather quickly Morgan :lol: An ice cream maker would make an excellent present.

Swittenauer, or Susan W, what do you prefer? You are brave, I don't like to go very fast so I would not make a good drag racer.

Also Lymetoo, SusieQ, aka our fabulous Dingo Wrangler, makes jewelry too. Like I said, lots of artisticness going on in Rachelville.

morganb Newbie
Yes, relevation. You are catching on rather quickly Morgan :lol: An ice cream maker would make an excellent present.

Well it was kind of hard to forget about that one since I ended up typing revelation the Rachelville way first. I backspaced and retyped it, but then realized I should have done no such thing :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor

Good idea....I might have to splurge and get one for my birthday next month. My parents usually give me money. I'll be 40. :ph34r::o

Green12 Enthusiast
PAY......did you say pay? We are a self sustaining paradise cult farm....and since this is paradise we will have a treasury that provides the funding for things needed outside of the farm (within reason for all you that might like a mansion or such outside of the R :P ). Susan W and I are treasurers and any major expense would have to be put through the electoral channel. :P

:lol: Andrea

Yeah, doesn't money grow on the trees here in the ville, where never a worry crosses our mind.

You would however need money to go over the hill to the mall to partake in out of control shopping, coke drinking, and gluten eating.

Well it was kind of hard to forget about that one since I ended up typing revelation the Rachelville way first. I backspaced and retyped it, but then realized I should have done no such thing :rolleyes:

:lol: yes, you should have done no such thing. That is where some of Rachelville vocabulary is born from, typos!

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna,

Notice the silence...

Go ahead...do what you gotta do. ;)

Our President has spoken... :lol:

Oh, okay, our bats shall have their fill...I'll take care of the rest, lol. :lol: I'll try to be patient whilst the bats do their thing. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
:lol: Andrea

Yeah, doesn't money grow on the trees here in the ville, where never a worry crosses our mind.

You would however need money to go over the hill to the mall to partake in out of control shopping, coke drinking, and gluten eating.

Actually I was thinking money tree. It will be well secured and guarded by another branch of bats that won't let anyone in. Gotta have something for us treasurers to do :P. Maybe I should change it to treasurer/banker. I used to work in a bank....even though it was the accounting dept.

dlp252 Apprentice

Cool, you can run the equivalent of Jamba Juice on our cult farm... :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks Julie and Patti for the ice cream machine posts. :D

Archived