This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Reactions To Tinkyada"s Brand Of Rice Pastas?

michelleL

michelleL Apprentice

I seem to be having adverse reactions to the Tinkyada brand of gluten-free rice pastas lately, which hadn't been a problem in the past for me. Has anyone else been having problems? I am wondering if they've changed something with the manufacturing process or the ingredients being used or what???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I've never had a problem with the Tinkyada--could it possibly be the sauce, or something else you're eating along with it?

Guest nini

I've never had a reaction to the pasta's, they are a dedicated facility and are really good about that. BUT I have had reactions to the sauces with the pasta. I kept reacting to Classico's pasta sauces (all of them are gluten free but contain soy) so I switched to Amy's pasta sauces and am not having any problems.

michelleL Apprentice

No, I make my own "sauces" from scratch, using canola oil and various vegetables and/or cream.... It just seems like everytime I eat that brand of pasta, I am reacting to it now, or so it seems. I've only noticed this to to happen in the past 2 months.

Guest nini

some people react to rice... have you noticed any problems with other foods with a rice base?

michelleL Apprentice

No, I haven't had any problems with rice... I eat a lot of rice with no problems.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

I can my own pasta sauce and the last couple of months or so I've gotten sick when I've eaten it. I've also noticed that chips and salsa make me sick. I assumed it was a cross contamination issue with the chips but I'm starting to think tomatos are the problem intsead. I've eaten the Tinkyada and tortilla chips without the tomatos last week and did fine.

I'm hoping that my gut is still healing and maybe I can add tomatos back at some point. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elonwy Enthusiast

Tomatoes have been giving me issues too, latetly. Odd new developement there. It may be a tomato thing. I've never had a problem with tinkyada though.

Elonwy

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Try eating the pasta plain...all by itself and see if you get the same reaction.

RiceGuy Collaborator
Try eating the pasta plain...all by itself and see if you get the same reaction.

Yeah, that's my thought as well.

I know that more and more tomatoes are genetically modified these days. I just read a report from 2001 that a GM tomato was designed that could be used to deliver vaccines and antibodies! Yikes!! What are these people thinking? Here's the link: Open Original Shared Link

happygirl Collaborator

I once thought I had a reaction to Tinkyada's pastas. I had been glutened earlier in the week, and then had some homemade mac and cheese with tinkyada, made by my mom. Had serious troubles for the rest of the day, but didn't match my normal Celiac symptoms. Realized around this time that it was the high amounts of dairy/casein after being glutened that bothered me---not the tinkyada. Thank goodness!

Are you getting any gluten at all? I've noticed that if I've been glutened, I get sick off "safe" foods just because my body hates me at that point and can't digest properly.

Hope that you find out whatever the problem is!!!!

traveljunkie Rookie

Absolutely not, I wouldn't know what to do if I reacted to them. Sorry :) , but that product is a staple in our diet. Maybe, try not eating them for a few weeks and reintroduce and see what reaction you have.

Charlene

Becky6 Enthusiast

Nope. Never.

michelleL Apprentice

I've replaced the pasta with a different brand, Grandma M-something (I'll have to get the full name later - it's a company in Wisconsin operated by a woman who has celiac and is extremely food sensitive, or so I have heard. She has the best corn chips I have ever tasted, by the way) for a little while with the usual pasta toppings, and I didn't have any more of those reactions... So I don't know - I think it's the Tinkyada pasta, unless I am getting hyper sensitive now. But thanks for getting back to me.

mamaw Community Regular

I have never had a problem with tinkyada but I hear that BiAglut has changed their recipe. It's still wf/gluten-free. I actually liked BiAglut the best then tinkyada next...

night shade veggies give alot of people trouble but NAET can take care of that.......

It's odd how some foods effect us in different ways. I know my family loves the gluten-free brownie from Outback, but I ate two bites from one and was the sickest I have been since going wf/gluten-free.....

.. go figure.....

mamaw

jnifred Explorer
I've replaced the pasta with a different brand, Grandma M-something (I'll have to get the full name later - it's a company in Wisconsin operated by a woman who has celiac and is extremely food sensitive, or so I have heard. She has the best corn chips I have ever tasted, by the way) for a little while with the usual pasta toppings, and I didn't have any more of those reactions... So I don't know - I think it's the Tinkyada pasta, unless I am getting hyper sensitive now. But thanks for getting back to me.

Grandma Ferndon...she makes GOOD stuff. I love her Peanut Butter cookies, taste like the "real" thing, only it is pricey.

And I sometimes have issues with tomatoes, tomatos have a lot of acid in them.

Claire Collaborator
I have never had a problem with tinkyada but I hear that BiAglut has changed their recipe. It's still wf/gluten-free. I actually liked BiAglut the best then tinkyada next...

night shade veggies give alot of people trouble but NAET can take care of that.......

It's odd how some foods effect us in different ways. I know my family loves the gluten-free brownie from Outback, but I ate two bites from one and was the sickest I have been since going wf/gluten-free.....

.. go figure.....

mamaw

That gluten-free brownie at Outback has NO Flour in it. It is a flourless brownie - you can find recipes on the internet for these. Some of these recipes rely heavily on nuts. These can give many people the Big D problem.

Claire

Merika Contributor

ok, I'll chime in as the oddball here.... :) we started gluten-free life with tinkyada pastas, thought they were great yadda yadda, but eventually I came to avoid them and all pasta with added rice BRAN. It seems harder to digest that way. So I've been getting Rizopia brand rice pasta which is just rice. I like it better too.

Merika

jenvan Collaborator

no issues with Tinkyada for me ever

RiceGuy Collaborator

So far my only reaction to Tinkyada has been "Wow, this is good!" :)

Hope it stays that way...

Susan123 Rookie

I've never had a problem with Tinkyada's before. I eat it all the time with Prego traditional sauce.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I am very sensitive and I don't have problems with Tinkyada pasta. Maybe you could try contacting the company to see if there are any possible cross contamination issues in the factory.

num1habsfan Rising Star

I've never had a problem with them. In my opinion, best pasta ever made. :D

~lisa~

Guest BERNESES

I haven't had a problem either. any chance it's the pan or colander you're using? Don't you hate this? You feel like an insane detective looking for a needle in a haystack. I hope you find out what it is and that it's NOT the Tinkyada. Best, B

Archived