20 replies to this topic

#16 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

I don't wear them any more. For most of my life, I hated them. I did start wearing them in Jr. High but only because that was pretty much what all of the other kids wore. I was very picky though and the demin had to be very soft. I also wore them as a young adult and I also wore heels which I no longer wear.

Currently I have an assortment of medical problems which includes gastroparesis. That means that my stomach is always big but sometimes huge! I can start out the morning with a pair of pants that are loose, only to have them uncomfortable tight by dinner time. Or the opposite can happen. Pants start out tight, then I go shopping and the pants start sliding off. It's very frustrating. These days I can only wear yoga pants, sweats, leggings or other knit pants. Elastic waists work best. I do own some pants that do not have actual elastic but just a stretchy fabric top. These have a tendency to slide off of me.

I did have some jeans with an elastic waist but I got rid of most of them. They just were not comfortable. And in order to get them that were big enough around the middle, the maker apparently assumed that I had big legs as well. I don't. Legs are skinny. So the fit was kind of funky.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Em314

Em314

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

One of the things I have been most looking forward to in the future (or, am hoping will happen, anyway) is being able to wear jeans and other non-stretchy, non-super-loose pants again, when I can somewhat count on not ending the day several pants sizes up from where I started. :lol:
Diagnosed celiac December 2012 (bloodwork + endoscopy). Gluten-free since.

#18 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

They are making more styles of jeans with elastic waist bands, maybe try again? I also had a couple years of severe bloating. Like you I lived in leggings, etc. But I also wore a lot of loose sun dresses, even at home in the winter. It also made me feel better by being dressed up a tad.

I sincerely hope you find some stuff that works for you and a bonus for sun dresses is that you can show off those great legs.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#19 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Takala, I couldn't agree more. I am amongst the ranks of the way over 30 crowd and I miss the jeans from the 80's. Those jeans used to fit great. I also miss leg warmers, the hair styles from the 80's and the music and the morals...but thats for a whole entire different thread...
:)

Can we have this thread, please? :P

I loathed jeans as a child. By which I mean I would scream at my mum: "I will never, ever wear these! I can't move in them!" - and she was like, "I'll remember this when 14 comes along." I did wear jeans for many years, but it was always a pain in the neck to find one that fit. I could only wear jeans by a brand I don't even know whether it exists anymore, Fiorucci.

Even when I was skinny, I had the typical Mediterranean shape: very small waist, very bouncy backside. But modern jeans seem to be made to tube-girls. Besides, they are hard on my legs, and they are uncomfortable at my waist, so I would always wear sizes up, and look baggy.

Haven't worn jeans in a couple of years, really. I wear lots of dresses - a working woman's best friend, you pack tons of them in a small suitcase when you're out for work, and no need to think about matching tops and bottoms. When I was still in my normal weight, I wore fitted slacks a lot. I have gone back to the 80s since gaining weight and am using very very thick push-up leggings in dark colours. I can move fine in them, they are as thick as a pair of pants would be, very warm, and I can simply slip on a long sweater or dress to cover my derriere. :D

My rationale for clothing: if you can't dance in it, there's no point in wearing it.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#20 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I like jeans, hate shopping for them. Loathe pants in general (shopping).

Short waisted, hourglass figure. You do the math on how many pants fit me.

So far Gap Curvy is the only one I find in stores that covers my butt and doesn't gap in the crotch.

If I dress up, it's a skirt. Don't seem to have a problem finding shorts....not easy but I can do it.

But man, I hate shopping for jeans. And I really hate the ones that stretch out and fall off in an hour - and don't cover my butt crack.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#21 Delicion

Delicion

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

I generally don't like wearing jeans but when I wear dresses I always get asked why I'm so dressed up!  Even if they are casual dresses!  Maybe it's just people in the midwest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: