This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

So, today I log into facebook and one of the few celiacs I actually know in real life had posted this:

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/06/03/gluten-found-in-portlands-water-supply/

---- BEFORE YOU READ IT AND TAKE IT SERIOUSLY IT IS A FAKE SPOOF ARTICLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE----

She thought it was real, and so did her other gluten-free friends.  I am assuming they only read the headline, because once you read a few sentences in you can see how hilariously redonkulous the satire article is.  Maybe I shouldn't expect others to be as detail oriented as I am, but really???!!

If it is on the Internet.... It must be true!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

If it is on the Internet.... It must be true!

Everything on the internet is true. We all know that.

This is a fun website you can go to to explore the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. My BFF to teaches a course on computer literacy uses this website to teach students about researching things. Simple true/false question on the test. Is diyhydrogen monoxide dangerous to humans?

kareng Grand Master

Everything on the internet is true. We all know that.

This is a fun website you can go to to explore the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. My BFF to teaches a course on computer literacy uses this website to teach students about researching things. Simple true/false question on the test. Is diyhydrogen monoxide dangerous to humans?

Only in extreme extreme quantities

Adalaide Mentor

Only in extreme extreme quantities

I suppose also you could say it is depending on what you do with it. lol! I corrected a two inch stack of tests yesterday and probably had half a dozen of the ones with this question. Only one person got it right. I almost wanted to cry. I do make a point though if anyone brings it up to me to point out that I grew up next to a nuclear power plant and that it's the #1 form of waste from them. It's so easy to be alarmist about hahaha.

kareng Grand Master

I suppose also you could say it is depending on what you do with it. lol! I corrected a two inch stack of tests yesterday and probably had half a dozen of the ones with this question. Only one person got it right. I almost wanted to cry. I do make a point though if anyone brings it up to me to point out that I grew up next to a nuclear power plant and that it's the #1 form of waste from them. It's so easy to be alarmist about hahaha.

It's especially dangerous to drunks on boats without a life jacket and people who live next to a river. But it is gluten free!

Adalaide Mentor

It's especially dangerous to drunks on boats without a life jacket and people who live next to a river. But it is gluten free!

:lol:

kareng Grand Master

Did you hear that Oxygen and Potassium went on a date?

It went pretty OK.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Did you hear that Oxygen and Potassium went on a date?

It went pretty OK.

lol  K, the chemist hubs loved that one. thanks, I needed a giggle. 

kareng Grand Master

Two men walk into a bar the first one says "I'll have H2O" the second one says "I'll have H2O too" the second man died

LauraTX Rising Star

LOLOL

Adalaide Mentor

Two men walk into a bar the first one says "I'll have H2O" the second one says "I'll have H2O too" the second man died

hahahahaha I've heard this one before but it never stops being hilarious!

kareng Grand Master

A toddler who was found chewing on a slug.  After the initial surge of disgust the parent said, "Well, what does it taste like?"  "Worms," was the reply.

can-of-worms-smiley-emoticon.gif

GF Lover Rising Star

Where's that puking smiley when you need it.... :D

kareng Grand Master

Where's that puking smiley when you need it.... :D

So many to choose from.  I like the penguin and the fish coming out.

vomit.gif

or

puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

or

vomiting.gif

or

vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

or

sick-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif

kareng Grand Master

10264963_10152041540722027_7746206472156

nvsmom Community Regular

LOL :lol:  We had those rules!

LauraTX Rising Star

Replace dog with cat and you have my house!

IrishHeart Veteran

LOL :lol:  We had those rules!

We did too when we had our lab, Gracie..... lasted about a week.

Replace dog with cat and you have my house!

And mine.  ^_^

GF Lover Rising Star

The Penguin! definatly  :lol:

When I'm sitting in my recliner, my two dogs sit with me on either side.  When I get up to get something they stay in the chair and when I come back I have to scooch into the middle again.  I think the words "Dog Rules" should be "Dogs Rule"  :lol:  :lol:

kareng Grand Master

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Sn91t1V4g

Great video about a cat talking to the new kitten

HavaneseMom Explorer

We had those rules too when we first brought home our fur babies.

They were to be crated at night and we were going to board them for a week every year so we could vacation at our favorite resort that is not pet friendly. They of course sleep in our bed now and we don't board them, but instead find a VRBO that allows pets so they can go on vacation with us. They run the show for sure. I finally figured out how to put their picture in as my profile photo. See, who could say no to those cute little faces? Not me!

LauraTX Rising Star

OMG that friskies commercial is great!  "The dot is real, you CAN catch it!"

kareng Grand Master

We had those rules too when we first brought home our fur babies.

They were to be crated at night and we were going to board them for a week every year so we could vacation at our favorite resort that is not pet friendly. They of course sleep in our bed now and we don't board them, but instead find a VRBO that allows pets so they can go on vacation with us. They run the show for sure. I finally figured out how to put their picture in as my profile photo. See, who could say no to those cute little faces? Not me!

They are very cute!  I have a black lab who LOVES little white fluffy dogs.  They are his favorite!  (not to eat, Psillies)  We used to think we were going to have to get him his own little white fluffy but the backyard neighbors got one instead.  That worked great.  My hub made a gate in the wrought iron fence so they can visit each other's yard.

kareng Grand Master

When I went to feed the cat my hub said "Gracie needs her astronaut food."   :D

GFinDC Veteran

Here's a link to Celiac com's Facebook page, for those who aren't aware of it.

https://www.facebook.com/celiaccom?ref=stream