Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

Rate this topic

So, today I log into facebook and one of the few celiacs I actually know in real life had posted this:

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/06/03/gluten-found-in-portlands-water-supply/

---- BEFORE YOU READ IT AND TAKE IT SERIOUSLY IT IS A FAKE SPOOF ARTICLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE----

She thought it was real, and so did her other gluten-free friends.  I am assuming they only read the headline, because once you read a few sentences in you can see how hilariously redonkulous the satire article is.  Maybe I shouldn't expect others to be as detail oriented as I am, but really???!!

If it is on the Internet.... It must be true!

If it is on the Internet.... It must be true!

Everything on the internet is true. We all know that.

This is a fun website you can go to to explore the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. My BFF to teaches a course on computer literacy uses this website to teach students about researching things. Simple true/false question on the test. Is diyhydrogen monoxide dangerous to humans?

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Everything on the internet is true. We all know that.

This is a fun website you can go to to explore the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. My BFF to teaches a course on computer literacy uses this website to teach students about researching things. Simple true/false question on the test. Is diyhydrogen monoxide dangerous to humans?

Only in extreme extreme quantities

Only in extreme extreme quantities

I suppose also you could say it is depending on what you do with it. lol! I corrected a two inch stack of tests yesterday and probably had half a dozen of the ones with this question. Only one person got it right. I almost wanted to cry. I do make a point though if anyone brings it up to me to point out that I grew up next to a nuclear power plant and that it's the #1 form of waste from them. It's so easy to be alarmist about hahaha.

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

I suppose also you could say it is depending on what you do with it. lol! I corrected a two inch stack of tests yesterday and probably had half a dozen of the ones with this question. Only one person got it right. I almost wanted to cry. I do make a point though if anyone brings it up to me to point out that I grew up next to a nuclear power plant and that it's the #1 form of waste from them. It's so easy to be alarmist about hahaha.

It's especially dangerous to drunks on boats without a life jacket and people who live next to a river. But it is gluten free!

It's especially dangerous to drunks on boats without a life jacket and people who live next to a river. But it is gluten free!

:lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Did you hear that Oxygen and Potassium went on a date?

It went pretty OK.

lol  K, the chemist hubs loved that one. thanks, I needed a giggle. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Two men walk into a bar the first one says "I'll have H2O" the second one says "I'll have H2O too" the second man died

LOLOL

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Two men walk into a bar the first one says "I'll have H2O" the second one says "I'll have H2O too" the second man died

hahahahaha I've heard this one before but it never stops being hilarious!

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

A toddler who was found chewing on a slug.  After the initial surge of disgust the parent said, "Well, what does it taste like?"  "Worms," was the reply.

can-of-worms-smiley-emoticon.gif

Where's that puking smiley when you need it.... :D

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Where's that puking smiley when you need it.... :D

So many to choose from.  I like the penguin and the fish coming out.

vomit.gif

or

puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

or

vomiting.gif

or

vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

or

sick-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Replace dog with cat and you have my house!

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

LOL :lol:  We had those rules!

We did too when we had our lab, Gracie..... lasted about a week.

Replace dog with cat and you have my house!

And mine.  ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

The Penguin! definatly  :lol:

When I'm sitting in my recliner, my two dogs sit with me on either side.  When I get up to get something they stay in the chair and when I come back I have to scooch into the middle again.  I think the words "Dog Rules" should be "Dogs Rule"  :lol:  :lol:

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

We had those rules too when we first brought home our fur babies.

They were to be crated at night and we were going to board them for a week every year so we could vacation at our favorite resort that is not pet friendly. They of course sleep in our bed now and we don't board them, but instead find a VRBO that allows pets so they can go on vacation with us. They run the show for sure. I finally figured out how to put their picture in as my profile photo. See, who could say no to those cute little faces? Not me!

Grateful to be correctly diagnosed at 40.

Likely misdiagnosed since childhood.

Blood test and Biopsies positive for Celiac Disease.

Gluten Free Since 10/9/13.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ~ Dalai Lama

OMG that friskies commercial is great!  "The dot is real, you CAN catch it!"

We had those rules too when we first brought home our fur babies.

They were to be crated at night and we were going to board them for a week every year so we could vacation at our favorite resort that is not pet friendly. They of course sleep in our bed now and we don't board them, but instead find a VRBO that allows pets so they can go on vacation with us. They run the show for sure. I finally figured out how to put their picture in as my profile photo. See, who could say no to those cute little faces? Not me!

They are very cute!  I have a black lab who LOVES little white fluffy dogs.  They are his favorite!  (not to eat, Psillies)  We used to think we were going to have to get him his own little white fluffy but the backyard neighbors got one instead.  That worked great.  My hub made a gate in the wrought iron fence so they can visit each other's yard.

Here's a link to Celiac com's Facebook page, for those who aren't aware of it.

https://www.facebook.com/celiaccom?ref=stream

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul