• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

Adalaide    361

We're having fish and chips and they get floured then battered. We're having it again in two days and I asked my husband if he wouldn't be too paranoid to keep the flour for two days. He said it was fine since it's all going in the fryer anyway. I said it'll go into the cleansing... fryer. :lol: omg I crack me up when I get a good pun in!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    floraphilips

• Topics

• Victoria: I think sd can also be caused by candida so I guess a 'candida diet' could help. No sugar etc. 
    • I understand this.   I also find it exhausting.   The docs don't seem to realize how debilitating this is, and how lost we are.  I guess it's a small problem in the grander scope of things they deal with daily.   i am comforted to know that there are others out there with similar problems.  And I know what you mean about thinking it might be this or that.   Without any diagnosis or direction, it's hard to not keep looking on your own.
    • No, not really.. It wasn't very severe and eventually went away without any special treatment. The Dr. said it might have been caused by stress.   
    • I had the usual blood tests at my GI in early May.  I saw him 2 days after this started, but didn't realize anything was actually going on.  I was bloated, but passed it off as side effects of my sinus meds.  In reality, it was new dairy intolerance.   I'd had a cup of milk before I left for the appointment.   My only scope was 4 years ago at diagnosis.   Although it would be good to see what's going on now, I am so afraid of being knocked out that I hope I don't need one. When we were posting before, I hadn't really lost any weight ... maybe a pound or two.    Last week, when I called for a GI appt., the nurse told me to start a food diary.  That opened my eyes quickly.  I could see right away that a bite of this and that throughout the day, and trying new things to see if I could tolerate them wasn't a very scientific approach to figuring out what was causing my symptoms. That's when I made a list of what I seem to tolerate best most of the time, and then things that I often can tolerate, and then another that I can sometimes tolerate.   I have tried to stick to that first list, the best tolerated, which is why I'm mostly eating tuna, well cooked soft smashed up veggies, rice, and a little soy milk.  I can swap out the tuna for fish, plain chopped chicken, ground turkey, or ground beef.    You can see why it gets old fast!   I find that limiting to smashed up / ground foods makes it easier to digest.  I even bought a few containers of baby food to have on the go.  At any rate, this limited diet, eating small amounts throughout the day, and my 40 min. brisk walk every evening, has resulted in losing about 3# per week.  Not an issue right now, as I had added weight after my initial healing, and it makes sense that I'd be losing with more exercise and less intake.  I am wondering if the medicine is making me feel off.   I seem to still have acid when I wake up;  I'm ok until I move, like roll over or get up and move around.  I do have acid throughout the day, sometimes after eating, and I often burp after eating (less with the most restrictive foods).  I've also been having strange dreams.   At first it was food dreams, but this morning it was odd things, like being in Alice in Wonderland. I need to look up the list of possible side effects. I tried coconut water with pineapple juice (purchased in a can) yesterday and thought it was fine, so I bought more.  I'd read it has tannin and that can be healing and help with acid reflux (no studies, just reports from users). Tried 1/4 cup of the plain version (no pineapple) yesterday evening and it set off a lot of bloating and burping. And yes, from your other post, exercise does seem to help.  That 40 min. walk is great.   I do walk a lot during the day, but not in the way of an actual walk that does more.   
    • As has already been stated, the doctor can't tell by a visual. They can in very rare cases when the damage is so complete as to result in total villous atrophy but it's certainly not the norm. The pathology on the biopsies will tell the tale. I hope he took the recommended 6 biopsies. Get a copy of the pathology report when it comes in.
  • Upcoming Events