15 replies to this topic

#16 ShayFL

ShayFL

ShayFL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

I have basically been following an SCD diet for over 15 years except GRAINS. It was the GRAINS that were keeping me from healing. I am utterly convinced of this now. I spent many years of my life studying food and nutrition. I decided to get a degree at some point since all I did anyway was study and read. A Phd in Holistic Nutrition. But it didnt do me any good because in none of my studies did I learn hardly anything about Celiac (other than a rare genetic disease). And even though I read "Dangerous Grains" in my course studies. I was not convinced because EVERY other book and course promoted "whole grains". It was one lone book. So I dismissed it.

Fast forward. I started surfing the net and punching in my symptoms, etc. and Celiac kept popping up. And the more I researched, the more I decided that I had nothing to lose. But gluten-free was not enough. So I did more research and I am now convinced that HUMANS HAVE NO BUSINESS EATING GRAINS.

Sure certain things aggravated my situation like nightshades, soy and corn, but now on SCD for 2 months I am FINALLY making some real progress. I can even eat a sweet potato now and again and a sprinkle of red pepper (curry) once a week without ANY issues. I know my intestines are healing.

My blood sugar stays great even when I eat the SCD cookies made with honey. I doesnt spike like it used to. My BM's are "normal". No more D. I am feeling more energetic and a lot more even in mood.

I dont plan to ever eat grains again. I dont miss them. I dont crave them. And I think it would be a HUGE step backward to do so.
GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: