16 replies to this topic

#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Try Against The Grain frozen pizza. The regular is good, but the white pesto pizza is just outstanding. And I'm a wicked food snob! They also sell bare crust, which would be better I think if you wanted traditional pizza.

I was going to post this same suggestion. :) It IS very good (and this is coming from another wicked "foodie" --someone who ONLY liked her own homemade pizza dough-- even BEFORE DX. Damn, that was a GREAT crust :( )

Also, CHEBE mixes are grain free. Try those maybe?

Have a Green's or Bard's and tell yourself it's a Guinness.

As for venting, pouting or whining? hell yes, everyone is allowed.
Knock yourself out!!

Then, it's time to move on, sweetie!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 woodnewt

woodnewt

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have been gluten free for 3 years now. I have been seen at the Celiac Center at University of MD. The doctor put me on a very strict diet of fresh meat, fresh fruit, fresh veggies with as little grains or processed foods as possible.

I am so tired of it all. I am sick of the social isolation. EVERYTHING social involves food.

I can totally relate. I'm on a very strict diet as well - fresh meat, some veggies, minimal fruit, no processed foods and absolutely no grains. Practically everything social here involves food as well. It's really looked down on to not be able to eat what everyone eats, it's just part of the culture. I never really fit in well to begin with here, so the food restrictions just put in the final nail to completely cut me off. Only thing really keeping me going right now is school and the prospect of moving to the states for grad school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: