21 replies to this topic

#1 scarlet_willow

scarlet_willow

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

"However you should know that we do not guarantee that our products are gluten-free because we sometimes purchase flavoring, color or spice ingredients from suppliers who do not list every possible source of gluten beyond what is required by law.
We do not have a list of gluten-free products and, unless labeled as such, do not guarantee that our products are gluten-free. Formulations and ingredients change too frequently to ensure that such lists are always up-to-date and accurate."

source: http://kraftfoods.cu...etail/a_id/1969

Would you feel comfortable eating anything from Kraft after reading this? I am really thinking of not buying any of their products anymore. But it isn't going to be easy! They make everything from my mustard to my baking chocolates!
28 year old wife and mother of 3 boys ages 4, 2, and 1!
Hashimoto's and Celiac Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yes, I buy Kraft, and they are one of the manufacturers that I prefer to buy from.

They are totally honest about their products. In most cases, they do not test for possible contamination by an outside supplier. But they will not hide any known source of gluten--it will be clearly disclosed on the label.

As mainstream food companies go, Kraft is as good as it gets. Very few test, and those who do not test cannot "guarantee" anything.

Other suppliers who can be trusted to disclose any gluten source are listed here.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I trust kraft over many other brands, so yes i would.

#4 Juju71

Juju71

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

This is very helpful. I have had the hardest time trying to determine if their 2% deli deluxe American slices are gluten free. I found nothing that says they ate or are not.

#5 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Yep . . . Kraft consumers here with no problems.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#6 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

I don't buy Kraft products for the same paragraph you posted. Well, I'd buy their guaranteed gluten-free stuff, not that I've ever seen it. Also there are multiple stories on here about Kraft representatives saying a product contains gluten even though the ingredient list says it doesn't.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#7 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

I have never seen a cheese in the US with gluten except a specialty beer cheese. There is no reason to think there would be gluten in the cheese. Most food is not "guaranteed" gluten free. Most companies do not test for gluten so they will not say it is gluten free.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#8 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

The cheese is gluten-free. And I'll join the chorus of people who buy Kraft. They were one of the first companies to say they would list all gluten and all you need do is read the ingredients. The reality is that very. very few companies have nay sort of ironclad guarantee about gluten. It's just not possible unless you control the whole chain for every single ingredient you use.

richard

#9 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I also buy Kraft products--I like their labeling policy.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#10 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Kraft is okay by me, too. Never had a problem and I appreciate their labeling practices.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#11 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

I buy and always have and have never had any trouble with them.

#12 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

I prefer Kraft over some other brands because they are honest in labeling. Even though the statement is not comforting, it is the truth. To the best of the companies knowledge, all gluten will be listed in the ingredients.
Michigan

#13 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Yep. I am a fan of Kraft foods. I trust them, and I like the quality of their products.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#14 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

I buy kraft products all the time. There are many that I can no longer eat because of other food intolerances - which makes me believe that some of the reports of people reacting to Kraft products are caused by an unknown intolerance rather than gluten. I know in my early days I was convinced a few things had gluten in them when it was actually a different ingredient causing the reaction.

As with any processed food - read the label each time - ingredients change - but Kraft's gluten policy is one of the best and I continue to feel safe purchasing their items for the gluten-free members of my family.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#15 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

I've been using Kraft projects since I returned to the States in June and haven't noticed any problems that I can pinpoint -- and I've been slowly adding in one new food at a time so I can monitor possible reactions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: