Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Think Good Thoughts For Jereseyangel (patti)

Mtndog

Hope she's doing well!

May I ask - what type of surgery was she having - nothing too serious I hope!?

Hysterectomy due to large fibroids.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many prayers & speedy recovery vibes for Patti! Glad to hear that all went well. ((((HUGS))))

Take it easy & relax!!

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

Patti

Glad to hear all went well with the surgery & its over..... Now just relax & recoup . Don't worry about the dust bunnies, they need a home too...... Hope you recover fast but just don't tell Mark so that way he may actually start enjoying housework... or else he will hire a maid ......

Relax & rest.

hugs & blessings blowing in from Pa.......

mamaw

Patti, so glad to hear that things went well... I'm still sending you lots of love, prayers, and hugs.

Does anyone know how long she'll be in the hospital? I don't know what the standard stay is for that procedure.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

She'll be going home on Friday, unless they have reason to keep her longer.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Just talked to Mark since I missed the earlier call.

Patti is resting comfortably and has had some broth. Mark will bringing solid food in to her tomorrow, when she is ready for it.

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Patti, I'll be praying for you as you have thought of me through my numerous ordeals. I know all will be well. You're just a thoughtful, friendly, and very helpful member as well as wonder friend. Can't wait to see you post again =)

-Ash

-Diganosed with Celiac's Disease on April 15, 2005.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"-Picasso

Patti,

I hope they are taking good care of you in the hospital....and feeding you safe foods. :)

Glad to hear everything went well....we miss you already. Get well soon and yeah....try not to look at the "dirt". I still vote for hiring a maid....spoil yourself....who knows you may find you never want to clean again. ;)

Get lots of rest and feel better. We love you!! :wub:

Rachel

Because Patti has so many food sensitivities, she made all of her own food and froze it, to have it ready for the hospital stay. She didn't trust the hospital, as it is hard to avoid all that she is currently avoiding. So in terms of food-she should be ok!!!!

She's a smart cookie! Glad to hear she's resting comfortably! We love you Patti! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

She's a smart cookie! Glad to hear she's resting comfortably! We love you Patti! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

B:

Thanks for keeping us updated. (sorry to be so short on words, Burts Bee's Strawberry conditioner, zapped me....shush, it's never ending).

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hi Jerseyangel !!! I am glad that I found this thread. I remember now that you were having surgery :blink:

May god bless you in everyway he knows how!! My thoughts and prayers are for you to have a quick and full recovery asap, as I know you will.

Yes let your hubby do all the work for you.

SMILE AND FEEL GOOD SOON.

I am glad I am getting to know you and everyone else on this board. ;)

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

My thoughts and prayers were with you today and will continue during your recovery. I'm sure you'll have a quick one.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Hope it all goes well, and the recovery is speedy! :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Patti, I'll be praying for a quick recovery, too. Take good care of yourself!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI PATTI

YOU ARE SURE MISSED ON HERE.

CAN'T WAIT TILL YOUR BACK

DIDN'T HEAR FROM MARK TODAY SO GATHER ALL IS THE SAME YOUR DOING WELL AND WILL BE HOME TOMORROW.

LET'S HOPE SO ANY WAY.

HOPE THEY ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF YOU PATTI.

MISS YOU FRIEND.

LOVE

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

I have to second Judy.

We miss you!

Can't wait until you're home in your own comfy bed. Hospital beds are the worse! Gotta give you another reason to want to get out of there. :)

Andrea

Patti - glad everything went fine. You remain in my prayers but remember no house cleaning! Who knows maybe Mark will take a liking to it himself - lol! Rest up and feel better soon. Everyone here misses you as you can see.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Patti, remember to lie about on the couch and be as melodramtic as any sick man would be. Request bon bons and drinks, pillows and blanket. No cleaning anything, you are to lay about like the pampered princess.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Patti, remember to lie about on the couch and be as melodramtic as any sick man would be. Request bon bons and drinks, pillows and blanket. No cleaning anything, you are to lay about like the pampered princess.

Rusla, don't you think the hardest thing for Patti to do is 'sit still'? :blink:

some how I see her as a multi tasker who runs around doing 10 things at once with the vaccum belted to her waist and vaccuming as she runns around : :lol::lol::lol:

PATTI---DON'T YOU BE DOING THAT YOU HEAR US!!!!!! :ph34r:

hOPE YOU HOME AND FEELING OK.

HUGS AND LOVE

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

Archived