Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Split Pea Falafel

Brown Rice Cous-Cous with Butternut Squash, Herbs, and Olives

Blueberries. LOTS of blueberries.

Chocolate Hazelnut Mini-muffin

No green here, but I had some local asparagus with lunch.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

Some white fish from the freezer. And wine. I'm beginning to see a theme in my cooking. :ph34r::P:lol: :lol:

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

WOW.....You are a fancy lot of GFers this evening. I am a little embarrassed with my dinner selection....but here goes.

A bowl of corn

2 slices of toasted udi's bread with butter

2 ounces of Balsamic Asiago cheese

I take a bite of toast, then a piece of cheese, and a spoonful of corn in my mouth at the same time....yummy..

You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

Gluten Intolerant-April 2010

Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012

Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012

Soy Intolerant-November 2012

October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

Last night I had a hamburger on a Rudi's bun. The bun was okay. It was the only brand my local health food store had. I think I can do just as well by making my own hamburger buns and a whole lot cheaper than $5.99 for four. I still want to try Udi's.

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Tonight will most likely be breakfast casserole and either gluten-free biscuits or cinnamon buns. A bowl of fruit on the side.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

Tonight we had yummy leftovers from last evening (Swedish meatballs et. al. with the addition of freshly-baked gluten-free bread slathered with homemade strawberry jam). This weekend we are dogsitting in the country and are taking things along to make the following for tomorrow night:

Cider Brined Roast Chicken with Saffron, Citrus and Honey Glaze

Roast Potatoes, Garlic and Carrots (in with the chicken)

Crisp Haricot Verts with Pignoli

More homemade gluten-free bread likely with fig honey we brought back from Croatia

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

mmm, now I'm thinking of pignoli cookies.

Any, my supper was:

quick steamed cabbage (s & p only)

split pea falafel

bread (gasp)

homemade nutella

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Strawberries

and wine

:ph34r: :ph34r:

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leftover breakfast casserole for me and the big kids. A fresh batch of rice flour biscuits for everyone. Probably fruit and cheese to go with the biscuits for the little kids (they don't like eggs).

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

His and hers pulled pork sandwiches. His on hamberger buns, her's open face on toasted Udi's. :D Both of us had saurkraut on the side. His with BBQ sauce.

We had banana nut chocolate cookies for dessert. (I think that's the only thing I bake anymore.)

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

His and hers pulled pork sandwiches. H

For some reason that strikes me as so very cute! Not to mention delicious. Pulled pork is just so darned comforting.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Strawberries

and wine

:ph34r: :ph34r:

nice!

4/2010 Negative biopsy

We had sea bass seared in butter with just a little salt, pepper and garlic. The hubs wanted potato chips and ketchup (which I generally find to be offensive) so I made a salad out of fresh cauliflower, green beans, cucumber and dill and mixed in a couple of tablespoons of yogurt, finished off with a little squeeze of lemon. Even my son ate it. :ph34r: It was delicious.

Also had some vinho verde. My favorite summer wine.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

I feel I have something worth reporting:

Salmon on the girll with a grilled pinepple salsa, rice, peppers, cheese casserole, a lovely Chardonny..

Oink!

Bad girl last night for supper... LOL Not gluten wise but FAT wise... I made buttermilk biscuits from my flour mix and sausage gravy.. OMG I haven't had biscuits and gravy for a year!!! It was fabulous... put that to the 'once in a while list' LOL

Note: White Rice flour works very well for gravy!!

*Judy
Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs RE-TESTED ALL FOOD ALLERGIES IN JUNE 2015 AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE NOW!  TIME TO RE-INTRODUCE FISH AND NUTS!!! 
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. c
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010 

Hyperthyroid 2013 - benign tumors and entire thyroid removed

OMG I haven't had biscuits and gravy for a year!!! It was fabulous...

Good for you!!! :D

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Tonight I am making homemade gluten-free ravioli filled with my own mint ricotta and homemade pumpkin seed pesto, finished with a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil. Microgreens from the garden with apple cider vinegar and sumac vinaigrette. Homemade gluten-free bread with garlic chive butter.

Tonight I am making homemade gluten-free ravioli filled with my own mint ricotta and homemade pumpkin seed pesto, finished with a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil. Microgreens from the garden with apple cider vinegar and sumac vinaigrette. Homemade gluten-free bread with garlic chive butter.

Does your husband count himself lucky? Yum! That sounds wonderful!! Will you please open a restaurant?

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Does your husband count himself lucky? Yum! That sounds wonderful!! Will you please open a restaurant?

My husband tells me almost daily how grateful he is! But I love to cook and bake so much that it is a pleasure. If I open a restaurant you will be the first to be invited! :lol: Thanks for the kind words.

Bad girl last night for supper... LOL Not gluten wise but FAT wise... I made buttermilk biscuits from my flour mix and sausage gravy.. OMG I haven't had biscuits and gravy for a year!!! It was fabulous... put that to the 'once in a while list' LOL

Note: White Rice flour works very well for gravy!!

I have something to look forward to when I get over my dairy intolerance!! Buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy. OMG. You're giving me food envy! B)

I'm a skinny thing and need to put weight on my bones, would love to do it with biscuits and gravy!

For some reason that strikes me as so very cute! Not to mention delicious. Pulled pork is just so darned comforting.

Love, pulled pork only takes 30 minutes in a pressure cooker! (But you brown the pork and onions, carrots, etc first.) I used a N. Carolina BBQ sauce found online that was just apple cider vinegar, dried pepper, brown sugar, red pepper, garlic and knowing me I added onion. Made that the night before, and stuck it out on the porch. I added left over pinapple juice too.

I think the BBQ sauce will be good on any meats as a marinade, and perhaps as a good insect repellant. (Hope so, made 1/2 a gallon of it.)

Last night I made pressure cooked beef shank Osco Busco.