Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Rosemary Butternut Squash with Garlic Scapes and Caramelized Onion

Brown Rice

Shredded Spinach

The goal was to eat some leftover lentils too, but they didn't really appeal. Perhaps I shall go eat some almonds...

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

Stir fry chicken with spring onions and basil. Topped with avocado mashed with lemon and lime juice. Eaten with baked kettle potato chips....oh yeah, white wine too! Later a bowl of berries.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

Slab o' salmon cooked with curry powder, garlic and salt and finished with a simmer in red wine. Served over microwaved frozen stir-fry veggies, the whole thing sprinkled with lemon juice.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Pork chops, kale, carrots, and sauerkraut. We had some of last year's blueberries with homemade yogurt and crispy walnuts as a treat before dinner, too. The kale came from the garden and we realized when taking third helpings that there were caterpillars who got fried up with it! We probably ate a few of them, too!

Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.

Gluten-Free since November 2010

GAPS Diet since January/February 2011

me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011

partner - not tested for celiac

ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.

dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome

both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

Cinnamon buns. Amazing, wonderful, perfect cinnamon buns. I'm trying really hard not to eat them all so there are some for the kids to have for breakfast.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

I have luscious flank steak marinating in a Thai-inspired lemongrass kaffir lime marinade. We are going to grill to medium rare, slice thinly against the grain and place in cellophone wrappers with cucumber, carrot and radish matchsticks, tiny microgreens from the garden and vermicelli noodles and drizzle with Thai dressing. Celeriac and green apple slaw with apple cider vinaigrette and fried capers. Simply green grapes for dessert.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

scrambled eggs

brown rice cous-cous (meh... not so sure about it) with bay, sage, thyme, and garlic

butternut squash

chocolate hazelnut mini-muffin(s)

Egyptian Mint Licorice Tea

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

We had grilled steaks marinated in a spiced up mango puree (it was use or lose the mango) with roasted sweet potatoes. I have a nice batch of okra in the refrigerator...any ideas?

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Sausages and cheese followed by strawberries and wine.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Tonight we had a sea food medley (frozen) in a lemony broth with herbs, steamed broccoli, and salad from the garden, with homemade ranch dressing. The kids were still hungry so they ate beef patties, too.

Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.

Gluten-Free since November 2010

GAPS Diet since January/February 2011

me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011

partner - not tested for celiac

ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.

dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome

both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

I got my brand new waffle baker in the mail today so I made homemade gluten free waffles with my new flour mix I made up and they were wonderful!!! my non gluten free son loved them too.

I will never buy frozen cardboard again!!! Sorry Van's but I only speak the truth LOL

*Judy
Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs RE-TESTED ALL FOOD ALLERGIES IN JUNE 2015 AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE NOW!  TIME TO RE-INTRODUCE FISH AND NUTS!!! 
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. c
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010 

Hyperthyroid 2013 - benign tumors and entire thyroid removed

I have luscious flank steak marinating in a Thai-inspired lemongrass kaffir lime marinade. We are going to grill to medium rare, slice thinly against the grain and place in cellophone wrappers with cucumber, carrot and radish matchsticks, tiny microgreens from the garden and vermicelli noodles and drizzle with Thai dressing. Celeriac and green apple slaw with apple cider vinaigrette and fried capers. Simply green grapes for dessert.

I bet I'm too late for dinner huh? Wow that sounds good!!

*Judy
Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs RE-TESTED ALL FOOD ALLERGIES IN JUNE 2015 AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE NOW!  TIME TO RE-INTRODUCE FISH AND NUTS!!! 
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. c
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010 

Hyperthyroid 2013 - benign tumors and entire thyroid removed

I bet I'm too late for dinner huh? Wow that sounds good!!

It was very flavourful and fun. Sorry you missed it - perhaps tonight? :lol:

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Swedish Meatballs with a touch of Red Currant Jelly

Duchesse Potatoes with Roasted Black Garlic

Molasses Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

Shaved Fennel Salad with Blue Cheese, Candied Walnuts and Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette

Chili, Corn Chips, Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cookies while watching the Canucks win the Cup!

Tonight is brought to you by the letter C!

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

Chili, Corn Chips, Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cookies while watching the Canucks win the Cup!

Tonight is brought to you by the letter C!

My husband is watching the Canucks win tonight! I will be at our Celiac meeting so will miss the Canucks winning.

I made hamburgers on my little George Foreman grill and wrapped them in romaine lettuce with a little cheese and diced tomato. I also had ore ida sweet potato fries. For those of you that are soy allergic, they are soy free. They use canola oil for these. They are pretty good.

That flank steak sounds YUM!! I just got a flank steak. The last one I got we stir fried and it was so good. But I am going to marinate it this time around.

We had andouille sausage with red potatoes and corn on the cob. I got the produce from the farmer's market this morning and it was so good!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Roast pork with homemade NE Carolina BBQ sauce, carrots, and taters. I really need to start thinking green. Dessert: potato vodka with pear juice and fresh lycchee martini. My sidekick opted for the usual (peanut butter cookie using THE recipe.) :)

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.